Weird thing on twice baked goat cheese souffle

Sea Hag

On our sailing last week on the Sky, the twice baked goat cheese souffle was offered as a main, rather than a starter. We've always gotten it as a starter, and last week we ordered it as one anyhow. It was somewhat larger than the version we've gotten in the past but not that much larger. My hubby said that he would have been very unhappy with the portion size if he'd ordered it as a main.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Sea Hag said:

On our sailing last week on the Sky, the twice baked goat cheese souffle was offered as a main, rather than a starter. We've always gotten it as a starter, and last week we ordered it as one anyhow. It was somewhat larger than the version we've gotten in the past but not that much larger. My hubby said that he would have been very unhappy with the portion size if he'd ordered it as a main.

It's been a main since the end of last year. If you are unhappy with the portion size, that's the great thing about cruising, you can order another.  Less food waste as many have four course meals and don't need a huge main. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Sea Hag said:

What is the weird thing on it?  

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, startedwithamouse said:

Don't you find it weird that they would take an item that's always been a starter and offer it as a main instead? I, for one, have never seen that happen before.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Sea Hag said:

Don't you find it weird that they would take an item that's always been a starter and offer it as a main instead? I, for one, have never seen that happen before.

Not if there were a lot of people just ordering that for their main course and no other actual "main" dish.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, startedwithamouse said:

It's been a main since the end of last year. If you are unhappy with the portion size, that's the great thing about cruising, you can order another.  Less food waste as many have four course meals and don't need a huge main. 

Seems weird to have it as a main course. 

Now people just eat a portion of it  followed by a main course. 

It just encourages more waste.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, startedwithamouse said:

When I read the title (Weird thing on twice baked goat cheese souffle) my first thought was that there is something weird served on top of the souffle now.

• Like 4
  • Haha 3

4 hours ago, caribill said:

When I read the title (Weird thing on twice baked goat cheese souffle) my first thought was that there is something weird served on top of the souffle now.

I thought it was hard core cruiser slang they use when they want to keep the conversation among themselves. 

As long as it's the same, nothing changed but the size. I love this so maybe will get as a main dish that could work for me s I don't even finish the smaller one, just skip something else like dessert. Looking forward to this as long as not on the same night as pork belly.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, caribill said:

Maybe a dollop of the now-retired Fettuccini Alfredo? 🤣

• Haha 4

13 hours ago, JimmyVWine said:

Solution: “I would like to start with the Twice Baked Goat Cheese Soufflés as my first course, and for my main course I would like [insert dish of choice].”  Problem solved. 

That's what we did, and I think I said that in the first post. 

Edit: I looked back, and I didn't really make it clear in the first post that we'd done exactly that.

Edited by Sea Hag

1 hour ago, skents said:

I had this last week as a starter.  Ate every bit of it. Then used a dinner roll to sop up the sauce.  They did not even need to wash that plate. 

You definitely know the correct way to eat this! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, MissP22 said:

Seems weird to have it as a main course. 

Now people just eat a portion of it  followed by a main course. 

It just encourages more waste.

I eat at least 2 goat cheese souffle appetizers as appetizers. No waste here. I even lick the plate.

Oh, and I always regret ordering only two. Since we sail on Princess once a year at the most, and they don't even have this souffle on all of their sailings, I just don't get enough of this dish!

Edited by Itchy&Scratchy
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 3/10/2023 at 9:07 AM, JimmyVWine said:

Maybe a dollop of the now-retired Fettuccini Alfredo? 🤣

The good news is that Fettunccini Alfredo is still available. It's not on the menu except as an appetizer some days, but you can ask for it any day and they will make it. My husband had it on the Sky last month a couple of times,  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, Samkitty1 said:

The good news is that Fettunccini Alfredo is still available. It's not on the menu except as an appetizer some days, but you can ask for it any day and they will make it. My husband had it on the Sky last month a couple of times,  

Phew! 🙂

• Like 1

I was presented with a non-dairy version as an appetizer.  DW ordered one as a main.  She was pleased, but has a small appetite and recognizes that many would be disappointed.  Here is a picture of hers.

2906E578-C4D7-473C-9DAD-3B96F19C0E87.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 3/9/2023 at 7:30 PM, startedwithamouse said:

It depends on what ship you were on. Not all ships moved to the new menus until this year.