Premier Pass package

WVU-79

18 hours ago, vettprincess said:

Found it on our Wonder 10/29 sailing. Put in cart and each person is charged $88.99. So I took it out of my cart not worth it for $178.

is 100 % worth it for $178 , but all you have to do is select one guest and you will only pay the $88.99 !

6 minutes ago, SilkySal said:

Our RCCL Visa was charged.

My experience with Royal (and most other vendors) is that charges take 2 to 3 days after showing up on my card as pending, to process to a transaction charge.  Your card will show the pending charge, but will not be final until the vendor closes it out.  Usually 2 to 3 days.

18 hours ago, molly361 said:

Well I get free internet, priority boarding  and don't drink champagne but just purchased it for my 8 day Christmas sailing.  I don't have a clue why.  Used OBC so no money out of pocket.  I'm caught up in all this excitement😇

I will most likely cancel if they don't  Oh yeah, AND I sail solo  What the heck was I  thinking

You'll make a heck of a good friend if you share these benefits !

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, kruzerci said:

Right. They offered it. We paid for it. They need to honor it. It was up there WAY too long for it to have been a good faith mistake. 

Did you click on the 'I accept the terms and conditions' that you have to check before hitting the final button to purchase?  And then read all the pages?  They do not have to honor it.   Just like they can change an itinerary without any compensation, etc.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

For what it's worth, this is from the "Terms of Use" page of the Royal Caribbean website.  The link to it can be found at the bottom of the page throughout the site.  This is from Section 18 - Purchases. 

"We reserve the right to refuse or cancel any order prior to delivery. Some situations that may result in your order being cancelled include system or typographical errors, inaccuracies in product or pricing information or product availability, fairness among customers where supplies are limited, or problems identified by our credit or fraud departments. We also may require additional verification or information before accepting an order. We will contact you if any portion of your order is cancelled or if additional information is required to accept your order."

This is pretty standard for most all e-commerce websites.  I'd be surprised if this does not apply to their App as well.  The terms refer to their entire "digital platform".

Edited by MeHeartCruising
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Just looking for some good will - they did it with the $18 drink package.  Honestly, I could care less one way or another - I was just getting caught up in all the hype 😆.  It was an honest mistake.  Can they afford it?  Yes, they can.  Do they need to honor it?  No they don't.  Will I never cruise RC again?  Of course I will :-).  

• Like 2

Thing is you might get someone to promise you something on the phone but in less it is carried over to the ship, whatever they promised you on the phone means nothing once you get on the ship.

Communication shore to ship is never good.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, MeHeartCruising said:

For what it's worth, this is from the "Terms of Use" page of the Royal Caribbean website.  The link to it can be found at the bottom of the page throughout the site.  This is from Section 18 - Purchases. 

"We reserve the right to refuse or cancel any order prior to delivery. Some situations that may result in your order being cancelled include system or typographical errors, inaccuracies in product or pricing information or product availability, fairness among customers where supplies are limited, or problems identified by our credit or fraud departments. We also may require additional verification or information before accepting an order. We will contact you if any portion of your order is cancelled or if additional information is required to accept your order."

This is pretty standard for most all e-commerce websites.  I'd be surprised if this does not apply to their App as well.  The terms refer to their entire "digital platform".

Yep!  I bought this but knew it was probably an error. Friends I'm sailing with as well also purchased. But I pointed out to them the terms and conditions and said that they have the right to cancel and refund.  I'm guessing its a teeny tiny percent of people who click on all the T&Cs or read them on their cruise documents, and then are outraged when something isn't honored.  Is it a bummer? Totally! But I knew the terms and clicked that I agreed to them, since you have to click that in order to purchase.  

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, zoepipes said:

Just looking for some good will - they did it with the $18 drink package.  Honestly, I could care less one way or another - I was just getting caught up in all the hype 😆.  It was an honest mistake.  Can they afford it?  Yes, they can.  Do they need to honor it?  No they don't.  Will I never cruise RC again?  Of course I will :-).  

The $18 drink package was honored in a vastly different financial environment; i find it hard to compare the two situations based on that fact alone.

• Like 4

15 hours ago, garywatson said:

By far. An entire bottle of actual champagne for example (I just googled it and plan to get a bottle of orange juice to mix it with).  Maybe I'll bring a stack of plastic champagne cups and hand drinks out to people passing in the hallway.

LOL - I was just going to leave my bottle for my cabin attendant - 

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, Rose Violet said:

I too have several screenshots.  I will be nice but FIRM. I want them to honor at least the internet, priority boarding (doesn't cost them) & glass of wine for 2 ppl in MDR each night.  

Agreed that’s what I am pushing for too 

1 hour ago, wendyam76 said:

They discontinued this a while ago on Celebrity - they too made an error with pricing and didn’t honour it! 
Wendy

I read that other post about that in 2021. Why is it even still on their side of the system if it totally doesn't exist? Doesn't make sense.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, not-enough-cruising said:

The $18 drink package was honored in a vastly different financial environment; i find it hard to compare the two situations based on that fact alone.

Sorry, I don't understand - what was the vastly different financial environment back then?  Not that I'm saying you're right or wrong, I'm just not sure what that means.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, zoepipes said:

Sorry, I don't understand - what was the vastly different financial environment back then?  Not that I'm saying you're right or wrong, I'm just not sure what that means.

Well, to start, business for cruise lines was booming.  Overall cost off goods was much lower, including liquor.  Oh, and there's those pesky multi-billion dollar piles of debt that all the cruise lines have post Covid.  

Edited by rockmom
  • Like 3

5 minutes ago, not-enough-cruising said:

You would think after the $18 drink package thing that some more checks and balances would of been implemented. At least a procedure to take down erroneous information from the website in a timely manner. This situation lasted into two different days.

• Like 3