E-muster may be back!

Dwtlion

NCL has just announced that starting April 1 in-person muster is gone and E-muster is back. No more going to your muster station with a crowd and listing to a briefing most have seen on video before. When first enacted, NCL said in-person was for safety of pax & crew. Are we now less safe; or was NCL BS-ing?

Will O follow NCL’s move to E-muster?

On our 2/27 Marina cruise we were only required to turn the tv on. Whether people watched it or not was optional. Shortly after boarding we supposed to check in at our muster station, at our convenience, to indicate we knew where it was. No mustering for us.

In an article I read Carnival said that it more expensive to do E-Muster than the old version, since you have to have more staff dedicated and they must stay at the muster stations longer.

Who knows?

1 hour ago, pinotlover said:

On our 2/27 Marina cruise we were only required to turn the tv on. Whether people watched it or not was optional. Shortly after boarding we supposed to check in at our muster station, at our convenience, to indicate we knew where it was. No mustering for us.

Totally different on Riviera Feb 10.  We had to go to the theatre with the crowd.  It was explained to us that O did not want to staff each muster station with two crew members from the beginning embarkation to just before sail away, as staff resources were tight and that's what the "check off" system demands.  Glad E muster is back. 

Edited by marieps

Is E-muster watching the video without going to the muster station?  If so, I would still visit the muster station for my protection.  I thought watching the video and visiting the muster station to sign in was preferable to the old way.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, marieps said:

Totally different on Riviera Feb 10.  We had to go to the theatre with the crowd.  It was explained to us that O did not want to staff each muster station with two crew members from the beginning embarkation to just before sail away, as staff resources were tight and that's what the "check off" system demands.  Glad E muster is back. 

Also on Feb 10 Riviera we went to GDR

They did not check for your cabin #sat for a few minutes. 

In the beginning of 2020 on Riviera had to go to GDR make sure they had ur cabin #.A few people didn't check in had to wait till they showed up .Instructions took about a half hour. 

We are currently on Sirena.   When we left Aruba on Monday, there was no muster.   After we checked in at the Sirena Lounge, on the way out someone looked at our cards and told us that the Sirena Lounge was also our muster station.   

About 5 pm, there was a general announcement on the overhead speakers with muster instructions along with a demonstration of the general alarm whistle.   Took 5 minutes or less.   

Joe

• Like 2

2 hours ago, JoePDX said:

We are currently on Sirena.   When we left Aruba on Monday, there was no muster.   After we checked in at the Sirena Lounge, on the way out someone looked at our cards and told us that the Sirena Lounge was also our muster station.   

About 5 pm, there was a general announcement on the overhead speakers with muster instructions along with a demonstration of the general alarm whistle.   Took 5 minutes or less.   

Joe

Similar experience Feb 19 2023. Although the announcement may have been longer than 5 minutes lol. I didn't time it but CD Leslie John kept warning us it would be a long announcement - although it wasn't bad at all. 

I don't really care either way, show up to muster/e muster. I always take it as a reminder of what to do and where to go. I guess, it may be more practice for the crew than it is for us, and if the crew needs practice, well, it's probably better to do a show up at muster instead of on the TV. 

• 2 weeks later...