Priority Embarkation for Diamond Members?

I have seen conflicting information on whether Diamond members (Crown & Anchor Society) are given priority embarkation. Does anyone know the current answer to this? We have an official check-in time of 12:30 pm out of Port Canaveral tomorrow (April 2). However, if there's priority embarkation for Diamond members, I would LOVE to know what time to show up for that. It would be great to get on the ship earlier!

4 minutes ago, poocher said:

I believe Diamond would board AFTER suites, pinnacles, Key and Diamond+.

Correct, but it doesn't supersede your assigned check-in time (if they decide to enforce it). The OP is not entitled to show up any earlier than 12:30 just b/c they are Diamond.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Since October 2022, at Cape Liberty in Bayonne boarding times are not being looked at much less enforced. Suite & Pinnacle members have a separate waiting area and board first, after that all board in order of which row they are waiting in regardless of C&A status.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, meadowlander said:

Since October 2022, at Cape Liberty in Bayonne boarding times are not being looked at much less enforced. Suite & Pinnacle members have a separate waiting area and board first, after that all board in order of which row they are waiting in regardless of C&A status.

Where is the waiting area for the suites and pinnacles currently?  In the past, it has been all the way to the right at the base of the escalator and all the way to the left near the restrooms.

1 minute ago, reallyitsmema said:

Where is the waiting area for the suites and pinnacles currently?  In the past, it has been all the way to the right at the base of the escalator and all the way to the left near the restrooms.

Looking at the check in area, it is (still) to the left close to the restrooms and their entrance to the ship is in that area. For the rest, entrance to the ship is to the right of the check in area.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, sqdurham said:

I have seen conflicting information on whether Diamond members (Crown & Anchor Society) are given priority embarkation. Does anyone know the current answer to this? We have an official check-in time of 12:30 pm out of Port Canaveral tomorrow (April 2). However, if there's priority embarkation for Diamond members, I would LOVE to know what time to show up for that. It would be great to get on the ship earlier!

Nothing for Diamond

As others mentioned, no priority unless you are Suites, Pinnacle or Key. Everybody will board after that, according to the arrival time they choose. Usually general boarding begins sometime between 10-11. 

On our last three cruises out of Canaveral….(the most recent a week ago)…...the only priority boarding is for Suites, Pinnacles, and The Key.

All others (including D and D+) are seated with all others in sections according to your selected check in time.

On a positive note boarding is quick and efficient so not a big deal for us…😎😎

Edited by GTO-Girl
  • Like 1

That kind of stinks bc when my travel agent told me about The Key and I asked how it compares to Diamond perks, she indicated that Diamond members get also priority boarding - hence - no difference on that point. Sounds like she was wrong. 😞 

2 hours ago, sqdurham said:

That kind of stinks bc when my travel agent told me about The Key and I asked how it compares to Diamond perks, she indicated that Diamond members get also priority boarding - hence - no difference on that point. Sounds like she was wrong. 😞 

She's wrong

• Like 1

9 hours ago, sqdurham said:

The key is not worth it anyway. So they can board a few minutes early that is it. Boarding is so quick anyway. I had a 10:30 check in and boarded maybe 2 min after them. Yes 2 min. It’s like they called them and numbers at same time. 

Keep in mind your assigned check in time at the terminal, is totally different than boarding sequence.  

Diamonds board with the rest of the pax.  As stated, Suites, Pinnacles, the Key board before them.  

Only ones earlier than that are B2B pax.  

Boarding times are overrated anyway.  You all get on the ship at some point...the time difference is not that much at all between sets.   Goes quite quickly.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, island lady said:

Boarding times are overrated anyway.

Blasphemy! Those of us who only cruise once or twice a year make every minute count. I pride myself on taking a scoop of untouched boarding day paella in WJ. 🤣

Hope all is well. I took a Cruise Critic hiatus for the past several months since I knew we wouldn't be sailing again until Wonder in June (and sadly we will likely be back to our previous schedule of only cruising in the summers). Life has not been cooperating on multiple fronts lately.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, OCSC Mike said:

Blasphemy! Those of us who only cruise once or twice a year make every minute count. I pride myself on taking a scoop of untouched boarding day paella in WJ. 🤣

Hope all is well. I took a Cruise Critic hiatus for the past several months since I knew we wouldn't be sailing again until Wonder in June (and sadly we will likely be back to our previous schedule of only cruising in the summers). Life has not been cooperating on multiple fronts lately.

I agree! The minute I get on the ship is the minute my vacation starts. Am I anxious to start my vacation? You betcha! Thanks to all for the feedback. 

It has been my recent experience (all from Miami) that even the Suites/Pinns/Key don’t really get much of a boarding head start.  It seems like, as soon as they start the S/P/K boarding through one door, they also begin allowing the GenPop in through the other door, so basically everyone starts at basically the same time -just different starting points.  The only ones with true advantage are the B2B’ers.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, OCSC Mike said:

Good to hear from you Mike!  🙂  

LOL...love the fresh scoop of Paella!!  Mmmm....  😋

We don't sail Wonder until end of Oct.   Leaving for landlubber trips to Maui and Maine/Canada before that.  

Bummer about the uncooperative life...hang in there my friend...it does get better.  Take care! 

• Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, sqdurham said:

I agree! The minute I get on the ship is the minute my vacation starts. Am I anxious to start my vacation? You betcha! Thanks to all for the feedback. 

Oh boy...that much longer to drag around those carry on bags!  😄 😄 

18 minutes ago, RFerrington said:

It has been my recent experience (all from Miami) that even the Suites/Pinns/Key don’t really get much of a boarding head start.  It seems like, as soon as they start the S/P/K boarding through one door, they also begin allowing the GenPop in through the other door, so basically everyone starts at basically the same time -just different starting points.  The only ones with true advantage are the B2B’ers.

This was our experience at PC in October. There's only one set of doors but they were calling Diamond to board no more than 5-10 minutes after the higher groups.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, RFerrington said:

Yup....exactly.   And the B2B crowd, are already unpacked...unless they have to change cabins.  Ugh...I avoid that situation...won't book unless I can keep same cabin. 😉 

• Like 1

• 1 year later...