Suites prices have gone wild

tomcruiser1234

Guest 4-2-N-8

Anything less than $4k per day for two (but that can include port fees) and I don't feel I can be Snooty McSnootums!

My measure of a successful trip is based upon level of McSnootumness.

🦖

On 4/14/2023 at 11:50 AM, tomcruiser1234 said:

what’s your max price per night per cabin on a low end suite.  

It seemed that $500 per night was the going rate but now its pushing as high as $1000 per night per cabin.  

Thoughts ???

Sounds like "Resort" time in the Caribbean!   Sandals anyone? 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, tomcruiser1234 said:

What excited us about the Celebrity Suite was it was $6800 including Drinks, gratuities   Plus they gave $1200 on board credit.   So real cost was only $560 per day on the 10 day cruise. Also separate bedroom which is really nice if 1 likes to sleep later in the morning 

Aqua class was $4500. Can’t remember how much onboard credit. It was all inclusive $450/day 

Veranda Guarantee was $2000 but nothing included. $200/day 

These are numbers above we have seen before and depending the occasion we might choose anyone but the point i was trying to make is that the recent increase in cost for a suites has made it not even thinkable for us to consider.  Yes if the prices dont come down we will certainly consider other cruise lines.   

I hate to say but $$$ does count. LOL😊

Veranda is also non-refundable (refundable typically is extra $600 for 10-day cruise but then it will include tip/wi-fi/drinks but automatically add another $900).  In the end, with the same extra and refundable, Veranda is just around $200 less total for 10-day cruise vs the least expensive Aqua!  And Aqua includes Thermal Suite that is around $400 value (including 20% tips) per person for 10-day if booked as a package for 2 people!  So, upon that consideration, Aqua is $200 less expensive than Veranda, and Aqua also has Blue restaurant vs regular (main) one.

1 hour ago, tomcruiser1234 said:

What excited us about the Celebrity Suite was it was $6800 including Drinks, gratuities   Plus they gave $1200 on board credit.   So real cost was only $560 per day on the 10 day cruise. Also separate bedroom which is really nice if 1 likes to sleep later in the morning 

Aqua class was $4500. Can’t remember how much onboard credit. It was all inclusive $450/day 

Veranda Guarantee was $2000 but nothing included. $200/day 

These are numbers above we have seen before and depending the occasion we might choose anyone but the point i was trying to make is that the recent increase in cost for a suites has made it not even thinkable for us to consider.  Yes if the prices dont come down we will certainly consider other cruise lines.   

I hate to say but $$$ does count. LOL😊

I booked two short (4 night & 5 night) Summit cruises B2B for next Feb/Mar.  Both cruises in a C1, no benefits (except onboard booking OBC and the $50 fare reduction for B2B).  First leg is $465/night solo.  Second is $435/night.  Plus $18/night gratuities; thank goodness X gives me bev and wifi.  That eye-watering daily fare is for the Caribbean (Nassau for heavens sake).  Ouch.  It's more than double what I paid for same combo in Feb this year. If I didn't like the folks I'm joining (in PH) so very, very much, I'd tell X to keep the deposit and then book something better elsewhere.  BTW, I had checked for a sky suite near them (with the dreaded/taboo bathtub combo); it's $1313/night.  Ha, ha, ha, ha.  We've all agreed that 2024 will be the last time we do this together (they're priced out, too).  

2 hours ago, basenji56 said:

Yes, true. But I only cruise Celebrity in regular verandas without the drink package. No where near the $600 pp per day. 

But if you only book regular verandas ( as do we ) do we really care what the cost of the suites are ? 
I would book a Carnival cruise if it was a TA , since the number of children would be a minuscule 😁

probably not an oceanic as the price is too high

1 hour ago, Pickels said:

Sounds like "Resort" time in the Caribbean!   Sandals anyone? 

Sandals isn’t exactly cheap , but almost totally all exclusive, all drinks, all restaurants and no tipping allowed . Always enjoyed our vacations there.

On 4/14/2023 at 11:45 PM, 4-2-N-8 said:

Every decision is subjective.

I will say that my partner and I are land travelers usually, and primarily because one of us gets sea sick just being in a bathtub.

We will occasionally do cruises on small ships and decided to try Celebrity Beyond this past Jan/Feb. We figured, bigger ship, more stable, less sea sick. This mostly worked.

Loved Beyond in an Edge Villa. Superb service all around. Rarely left our room and Retreat except for specialty dining and shore excursions. And the multiple spa treatments. All wonderful.

We're on Beyond again in Aug/Sep, same room. Booked another future EV after that and one Iconic (taking two kids with us, so this room makes sense with the two bedrooms. Otherwise, the EV is ideal for two) on cruises for later.

I have no reference point for what one gets if not in an EV or Iconic, but I like what I have seen so far of the EV and Retreat.

Having said this, when we travel, we go for memorable, and we're willing to pay for it. We all have our reference for "memorable."

If I weren't able to be where I am, I think I'd still go for memorable in a measure that fits my budget and I'd be happy all the same.

These Edge ships are nice, and the only way we'll book when traveling with Celebrity. IMO, they've done a great job.

Peace and kindness to all.

We were in an Iconic Suite on the Apex. The noise- banging constantly n the master and the other bedroom had the washing equipped for the ship and banged the first 2 nights until it was fixed. I moved to another cabin to sleep. The cabin was 12101.

We have been converts to smaller ships when we care about the itinerary.   They can visit ports you will never see on Celebrity ships.   If they are also luxury ships, all the better.   Azamara offers a nice middle ground, better than Celebrity, but not luxury and with good prices.

• Like 3

On 4/19/2023 at 8:04 AM, tomcruiser1234 said:

Cost of Suites

Looked out 18 months and still cant find a reasonably priced suite. $2000 per day for 2 is just ridiculous 

We somehow got a Celebrity Suite for 10 nights at $6800 total on the April 26 2023, Summit. That’s $680 per day (total) and they gave $1200 onboard credit. We booked it in early January. 2023. Granted ship is only 2/3 full but suites are gone.   That’s a great price for us with all those perks. 

Suites have got to come down in price or verandas here we come.  

MSC Yacht Club may even try. Hate to even say that.  We have sailed Celebrity forever. 

For that price you can sail Regent which also throws in business class airfare and free shore excursions. I have no earthly idea why someone would pay that much for a big box ship with far lesser quality food and drink.

• Like 4

28 minutes ago, neverlaysup said:

For that price you can sail Regent which also throws in business class airfare and free shore excursions. I have no earthly idea why someone would pay that much for a big box ship with far lesser quality food and drink.

I booked the Fall 2024 TA in a SS on Beyond for about $440pppd. Quite a bit less than the 2K/day. 

Only if you want RS or higher will you be in that range. 

mac_tlc

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, mac_tlc said:

I booked the Fall 2024 TA in a SS on Beyond for about $440pppd. Quite a bit less than the 2K/day. 

Only if you want RS or higher will you be in that range. 

mac_tlc

And that is a perfectly acceptable price point with the OBC, Premium drinks, Internet and gratuities. 

• Like 4

Guest 4-2-N-8
3 hours ago, cruising diva said:

We were in an Iconic Suite on the Apex. The noise- banging constantly n the master and the other bedroom had the washing equipped for the ship and banged the first 2 nights until it was fixed. I moved to another cabin to sleep. The cabin was 12101.

Not good. TY for heads up.

On 4/14/2023 at 11:58 AM, Ken the cruiser said:

When cruising first started back up, an S2 was running around $375 pp/day, so we booked them on an Edge B3B, a Constellation B2B and a Reflection B2B. But then when demand started to outweigh supply, they started getting a little too pricey for us. Now we only book AQ cabins. 

AQ on E-Class has gone up as well & pushing $500 pp/day 😞

• Like 1

A sample of price per night pp from a well known site for the cheapest suite in the Caribbean on Celebrity .  

Happy crusing 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

20BAE5CD-D317-494D-907E-D2DF8902F203.png

811ABD5F-7B70-4BB0-89D7-B81907481271.png

Edited by miched

15 hours ago, neverlaysup said:

Those are actually built in price.  The Regent price without air and shore excursions (which is available as "a savings of up to" on its website right above Suite Category pricing; for example, for the Singapore to Hong Kong cruise it is $6,500 pp price reduction for 14-day February 2025, and a starting price with air is $17,699 pp; included excursions in 9 port of calls are total worth around $1,500 pp) is what is comparable with a Celebrity Retreat starting price.

They don't need me to book a suite if they find enough people who wish to book it. Their pricing structure seems to be working. Some reasons that people book suites are stated in this thread. They include: "Spending my child's inheritance"; I only take 1 or 2 cruises per year"; " I like the space or the perks"; or "I prefer larger ships". We all have a choice of line and cabin category and that's more than fine with me.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Orator said:

They don't need me to book a suite if they find enough people who wish to book it. Their pricing structure seems to be working. Some reasons that people book suites are stated in this thread. They include: "Spending my child's inheritance"; I only take 1 or 2 cruises per year"; " I like the space or the perks"; or "I prefer larger ships". We all have a choice of line and cabin category and that's more than fine with me.

I agree.  As long as folks are willing to pay those prices, they will remain the same.  I've enjoyed several stays in the PH and royal suites, but at prices I considered reasonable.  That appears to be in my past.  I booked a concierge class cabin on my last sailing in January and everything was fine.

• Like 9

Did a quick pricing check on Celebrity Retreat deals going on right now. There are still some decent deals to be had and are priced in line with MSC Yacht Club. Example is currently you can book a guaranteed Retreat suite on the Celebrity Eclipse for May 21st 2023 for a 7N Alaska RT itinerary out of Vancouver BC for under $4,800.00 with $650.00 OBC. If you or your travel partner is ex-military, you can get onboard for $200.00 less at under $4,600.00 with the OBC.

AC guarantee on the same sailing is right at $3,400.00 with $50.00 OBC.. 

So.. Yea.. Good prices are still there. Just need to find them. This deal is around $340.00 pp/pn for the Retreat.

The Celebrity Edge also has some good summer deals going on in the Retreat for Europe too. Example RT Barcelona 08/05/2023 for $6,400 (A little bit above 450.000 pp/pn)

Edited by binro01

5 minutes ago, D C said:

Why are people sailing in suites on X when actual luxury lines are comparable, or less $ per night?

We are sneakers, jeans, and t-shirts cruisers. I would be uncomfortable on Silversea/Oceania/Regent. Upper level suites on X are my comfort zone. I don't bring any dress clothing whatsoever. Don't even own a belt. Elite after 22 days at sea with X. 

DSC01477.JPG

• Like 3