The Fleet Report and Daily for Saturday April 15th, 2023

StLouisCruisers

5 hours ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Joy I was wondering this morning if we would hear from you today.  You really have been busy helping out your friend.  I hope you all enjoy your new treasures found while setting up for the sale.  The jewelry sale should be popular.  Do you advertise anywhere or just put signs up along the neighborhood roads?  

Hi Sandi!

What a day. Glad to be home sitting down with a glass of wine. 

We will be selective about who we invite to the jewelry party. Probably 20 total. We volunteered to take some pieces downtown.  We will help pack up donations tomorrow and deliver on Monday.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Thank you for today's fleet reports and Daily Sandi @StLouisCruisers.

It is 10am here and the sun is just starting to peep through early morning mist at the beach.

I'm sure Pauline appreciates me just like I appreciate her.

Venice is one of our favourite cruise destinations and it is sad that the local authorities have now banned cruise ships.

I hope everyone is safe and well this morning and everyone on our care list are improving.

Graham.

Yes and in 2020 I had a reservation on the Vision OTS out of Venice and then the world shut down.

Not sure if I will get back to Venice as I did it as part of a tour in 1985.

However, I am finally going on the Vision OTS next week April 21 for 10 nights.  Will be a nice change from the big girl ships.   

well enjoy your beach if near your home or if you are on a cruise.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

I’m really enjoying this ship!  I’m at dinner tonight, seating is at 7:45 so different than the usual 8:00. I’m going to have to train the server that I want wine first before ordering. My cabin is great but Craig wouldn’t like it, so it’s good just for me. Lots of space!  There is one closet that I haven’t even used. So I’ll have to spread out a bit. I don’t mind not having a window. Looking forward to a nice sleep on this gorgeous BHB. 

• Like 21
  • Thanks 3

36 minutes ago, Sharon in AZ said:

I’m really enjoying this ship!  I’m at dinner tonight, seating is at 7:45 so different than the usual 8:00. I’m going to have to train the server that I want wine first before ordering. My cabin is great but Craig wouldn’t like it, so it’s good just for me. Lots of space!  There is one closet that I haven’t even used. So I’ll have to spread out a bit. I don’t mind not having a window. Looking forward to a nice sleep on this gorgeous BHB. 

So glad  you are happy on board.  I don't mind inside cabins and we have one booked this summer for 32 days on the Zaandam.  

• Like 7

@Denise T Welcome!  I will "test drive" the Nieuw Amsterdam a few weeks before you.

My last day at "the bowl" and in the last 15 minutes of my schedule for today, I got a sale.  I was 4th in line to get a bonus today, and the boss invited me to work more hours, but after 7 and a half sitting on my butt, with not break, I chose to "go home".  Which for the last two years meant, I got up from the living room, and went to the den.

I'm glad every one got to their ship! and since this if the first minute I have had  to myself since 9 this morning, I am going to eat an ice cream sandwich, and just chill. I am tired and tomorrow is another adventure.  I am actually hoping foir storms, so I can stay home and sleep.

• Like 12

It’s been a day of running around, making phone calls, getting haircuts, replenishing eye drops from pharmacy, and trying to get a plan together for our quick trip for family funeral. Not all the phone calls were successful so I haven’t got hotel reservations yet, but I read enough reviews to get cross-eyed!  I will have to drive, DHs glasses are not matched yet to his new cataract lens, not till next month. But I’m so grateful he’ll be with me to help me along the way navigating and passing me snacks!! 🍪

Heartfelt thanks to ALL for your condolences. This is my third passing of a cousin in 7 months. Illness can come on quickly. I last saw him at a wake in October!  I didn’t make the January cousins party because of COVID concerns, and he didn’t either, just beginning his yet-undiagnosed illness. Not sure yet if we’ll try to see granddaughter who lives near where we’re headed… she and her DH are just a week past COVID. It’s such a disruption. We ourselves are only a month past our 2nd bout of it which came on the heels of our grand family Rotterdam cruise. Ugh. 

So wonderful to see our Dailyites made it aboard today!  Some very creative and savvy travelers!  
@Sharon in AZ we liked the old ships’ inside cabins where they had a couch!  Now on the Pinnacle class nearly all the insides have only the bed or the toilet to sit on!  Princess has been stingy with sitting areas but at least a chair each!  

@bennybear your comment about the little sandwiches hit home!  My maiden name was Cichetti. And all my cousins are on the Cichetti side!  My Irish mom was adopted, an only child of two only-child parents but she married into a big Italian family. Sadly that family seems to be entering the dwindles. 

@Quartzsite Cruiser, Lenda, thanks for the great pix of Venice. There wasn’t much not to love about Venice!  Too bad the ships can’t dock there anymore. I wonder what Venice will do with the People Mover automatic train that took cruisers from the transportation hub to their ships!  

Very happy to see many ills improving in our Dailyites. May we all stay well and safe, especially @kazu

Welcome @Denise T  Glad you’ve stopped in for a visit here!  This is a very caring assemblage. 

Blessings all for a good rest tonight. Tomorrow I’ll be acting on the several lists I made today! 🙄 And laundry, pack Monday including the car. And tomorrow I’ll make Panettone bread to bring to the family!  

Maureen 

• Like 11
  • Thanks 2

7 hours ago, Oceansaway17 said:

Yes and in 2020 I had a reservation on the Vision OTS out of Venice and then the world shut down.

However, I am finally going on the Vision OTS next week April 21 for 10 nights.  Will be a nice change from the big girl ships.   

I hope you have a fantastic cruise on Vision of the sea's.

We had a Junior suite on Vision in February 2017 out of Dubai and made D+ on that cruise with the double points.

• Like 5

11 hours ago, Oceansaway17 said:

I was supposed to be boarding Visiion as you got off to take her home to Baltimore but decided to cancel after my pneumonia.

Roy

• Like 4

5 hours ago, rafinmd said:

I was supposed to be boarding Visiion as you got off to take her home to Baltimore but decided to cancel after my pneumonia.

Roy

Aw sorry to hear.

well she will be in your home for a while and I am glad I get to go on her.

hope you get well soon

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, grapau27 said:

I hope you have a fantastic cruise on Vision of the sea's.

We had a Junior suite on Vision in February 2017 out of Dubai and made D+ on that cruise with the double points.

I hope so too it is first of nine this year. One a month. I am staying on deck 3 in ocean view room. Looking forward to seeing Labadee again 

toodles

• Like 3

On 4/15/2023 at 1:57 PM, kazu said:

I think if it were me (if you want my opinion) I would wait for the Fall unless you can do it right away.  That way your perennials are undisturbed as they are probably waking up by now and no need to store the narcissi - you can replant them right away.  The only problem with that is the risk of not being able to get earth you need or lumber.  I would buy the lumber early and the earth so it is all ready to go so you are not stuck and can get it done lickety split.  

That's what I've been thinking. I've had the experience of not being able to get supplies when I was finally ready for them. I'll have to make space in the garage for the lumber and soil.

What I need to do right away is map the narcissi plantings so that I know what types and colors are planted where. There are also quite a few hyacinths, many more than I remember. I didn't, and wouldn't plant them, as I'm allergic to their pollen. I think it will be possible to construct and fill the new bed in a day, so the perennials won't have to be out for very long.

• Like 2