Wellness check at boarding vs check-in time

greenbeanie

Boarding Solstice on Saturday in Los Angeles.  First time Celebrity, and really looking forward to a great trip.

We've got a confirmed 11 am boarding time.  On the app arrival time has a green check, and notes, "See you on April 22 at 11am for your wellness check."

But here I get confused.  There is a right pointing arrow in the arrival time block.  I press the arrow, and it takes me to a screen that says 

"You are required to select an arrival time for your wellness check."  Two times are provided 1:30-2:00, and 2:00-2:30.  Just now I selected 1:30.

So, where is the wellness check done ... in the terminal or on the ship?  Surely I won't have to disembark back to the terminal if I've already boarded?  

If it's done in the terminal have I essentially lost my 11:00 am boarding time?

If wellness check is on the ship, where is it located?

(I think I should have selected the wellness check time when I checked in...?)

I did our wellness checks thru the app while sitting in our pre cruise hotel right after I did our muster station drill and before putting on our luggage tags on our luggage just prior to being picked up to go over to the embarkation terminal. 

Edited by davekathy
  • Like 2

The "wellness check" is in fact a health questionnaire that can be done on the app 24 hrs. prior to check in or at check in at the pier. There is no need to fill out a time for this. Probably another glitch in the IT system. Never have seen a time for this in any of many Celebrity cruises, both pre and post covid. I think there are 5 questions on the questiionnaire. Takes maybe 10 seconds. 

1 hour ago, greenbeanie said:

Boarding Solstice on Saturday in Los Angeles.  First time Celebrity, and really looking forward to a great trip.

We've got a confirmed 11 am boarding time.  On the app arrival time has a green check, and notes, "See you on April 22 at 11am for your wellness check."

But here I get confused.  There is a right pointing arrow in the arrival time block.  I press the arrow, and it takes me to a screen that says 

"You are required to select an arrival time for your wellness check."  Two times are provided 1:30-2:00, and 2:00-2:30.  Just now I selected 1:30.

So, where is the wellness check done ... in the terminal or on the ship?  Surely I won't have to disembark back to the terminal if I've already boarded?  

If it's done in the terminal have I essentially lost my 11:00 am boarding time?

If wellness check is on the ship, where is it located?

(I think I should have selected the wellness check time when I checked in...?)

No, what the app is doing if you select the green arrow is offering you a new check in time.  Ignore it.

You should receive an email from Celebrity today or tomorrow asking you to complete the Health Check Questionnaire.  It’s four questions, all of which you will be asked again at the terminal. 

Your boarding time is 11:00. You should get notification about 24 hours prior to complete the wellness check, which is only a few questions and can be done on the app.  If you don;t do it before you get to the port they will ask the questions at checkin.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, greenbeanie said:

So I did check the 1:30 for the wellness check.

Now my boarding time is 1:30.  So it DID change the boarding time.

Yes, your boarding time is now 1:30. Try again to see if you can get 11:00 back. Are you traveling with anyone and do they still have 11:00 check in? If so, you can board with your travel partner.

• Like 1

We cruised out of Los Angeles last week, and the wellness check was in the terminal and took about 30 seconds.  Our boarding time was 12:30 pm, but we arrived early and did the wellness check at about 10:30 am.  We were able to board about 11:10 am, since they gave priority boarding to Aqua/Elite Plus folks.

24 minutes ago, CHEZMARYLOU said:

Yes, your boarding time is now 1:30. Try again to see if you can get 11:00 back. Are you traveling with anyone and do they still have 11:00 check in? If so, you can board with your travel partner.

There weren't any options to edit back to 11:00 (that arrival time is probably "sold out" by now).

I called Celebrity; the agent can do nothing because the times are handled by the ship directly.  But he did point out that I have an email which notes my 11:00 arrival time.  So I'll screen shot that email, and arrive at 11:00, and hope we can board.

Not traveling with anyone else who still have 11:00 time - I only changed MY time for the wellness check, but it changed my husband's arrival time to 1:30.

Yes, the initial time you were given is your arrival time and is also the arrival time for your wellness check.  You should not have chosen a new time but the website is very misleading so it is understandable what you did and why. 

I would just go with the 1100 arrival time, as that is what should be shown on your Xpress pass that you printed or have in the app and that is what you show to go through  pre-security screening.

• Like 2

We were very surprised on a recent embarkation in Papeete that we had no wellness check or health questionnaire.    A Seabourn, not a Celebrity ship, but they had 5 cabins in quarantine on the previous leg and required masks to be worn indoor.   No masks on our 4/15 sailing, so I guess we are lucky.

• 4 weeks later...

I am unclear on when and exactly where is the wellness  check-in at the port in Vancouver . 

I have a wellness check-in time at 11:30 so I just look for a line heading into the check in line and join it?

Are you saying we can avoid the 11:30 wellness checkin if we do it online the night before and will just have normal check-in we always have on a cruise?

25 minutes ago, Tinknock50 said:

I am unclear on when and exactly where is the wellness  check-in at the port in Vancouver . 

I have a wellness check-in time at 11:30 so I just look for a line heading into the check in line and join it?

Are you saying we can avoid the 11:30 wellness checkin if we do it online the night before and will just have normal check-in we always have on a cruise?

Check-in time and wellness questionnaire are scheduled together. You can do the wellness  questionnaire on your app prior to your check-in time. Your choice, to do it at the embarkation terminal or save yourself a few seconds and do it prior to heading over to the embarkation terminal. I do our muster drill and wellness questionnaire while at the pre cruise hotel on the app. 

Edited by davekathy
  • Like 1

32 minutes ago, davekathy said:

Check-in time and wellness questionnaire are scheduled together. You can do the wellness  questionnaire on your app prior to your check-in time. Your choice, to do it at the embarkation terminal or save yourself a few seconds and do it prior to heading over to the embarkation terminal. I do our muster drill and wellness questionnaire while at the pre cruise hotel on the app. 

Thanks….nice to know I can also do the app Muster Drill before getting on the ship. That does have to be on ship departure day… or can that be done earlier? 

I did already notice the wellness check with my boarding pass on the app, but I thought it had to be done again at peer. Glad I don’t have to and as brief as it is, at cruise time I am always excited to actually get on board.:)

Edited by Tinknock50

18 minutes ago, Tinknock50 said:

Thanks….nice to know I can also do the app Muster Drill before getting on the ship. That does have to be on ship departure day… or can that be done earlier? 

The muster drill will be available on the app the day of the cruise. You can also watch the muster drill on your stateroom TV. We like to get it done before boarding, that way as soon as we board the ship we go directly to our assigned muster station and check in. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, davekathy said:

The muster drill will be available on the app the day of the cruise. You can also watch the muster drill on your stateroom TV. We like to get it done before boarding, that way as soon as we board the ship we go directly to our assigned muster station and check in. 

Good plan….and I will copy.

14 minutes ago, Tinknock50 said:

Good plan….and I will copy.

Not sure when the last time you cruised with Celebrity, but no matter what time you board the ship you can go directly to your stateroom and pickup your SeaPass cards and drop off any carry on(s) you may have. You are also asked not to stay in your stateroom and wait for the general announcement the staterooms are ready.  You'll notice a sign on your door saying something to the effect were aren't finished getting your stateroom ready for you.  

• Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, davekathy said:

Not sure when the last time you cruised with Celebrity, but no matter what time you board the ship you can go directly to your stateroom and pickup your SeaPass cards and drop off any carry on(s) you may have. You are also asked not to stay in your stateroom and wait for the general announcement the staterooms are ready.  You'll notice a sign on your door saying something to the effect were aren't finished getting your stateroom ready for you.  

Thanks . My last cruise was Millennium Alaska 2019 and doing this same trip and ship in June. Thanks for the refresher on check- in.

We will stop off at our muster station as soon as we drop luggage….. or is that too soon?

Edited by Tinknock50
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, WestLakeGirl said:

You are making too big a deal out of the wellness check. Do it online, go to the terminal, somebody there may say,  do you feel ill?  Or they may not.

@greenbeanie is new to Celebrity, probably also new to Cruise Critic with a total of 31 posts.

@greenbeanie is simply looking for help in a new situation, first time on Celebrity, looking for clarification and therefore peace of mind as far as various pre-boarding instructions are concerned. To me that is not as you say "making too big a deal."

Can you remember back to the first of your 4.6k posts on CC?

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

On 4/20/2023 at 12:51 PM, greenbeanie said:

So I did check the 1:30 for the wellness check.

Now my boarding time is 1:30.  So it DID change the boarding time.

Are you in a suite?  If so you can check in at the terminal anytime. Wellness check and check in to board are the same. They want to make sure you are turning green before you board.

• Like 1