Tender Nightmare in Lahaina

bronzey214

We’re currently on the Crown Princess in Lahaina. Tendering off took over an hour due to the harbor master limiting tenders from the ship. On the way back, this was the line to get back to the tender.

Edited by bronzey214
Forgot to add video
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Cruise Junky said:

Go for beer come back later.  Assuming the ship isn’t leaving in an hour 🤷🏻‍♀️

Even if it was just watch the line, when it gets short chug and run back. They aren’t going to leave with people in line

• Like 8
  • Haha 2

40 minutes ago, bronzey214 said:

We’re currently on the Crown Princess in Lahaina. Tendering off took over an hour due to the harbor master limiting tenders from the ship. On the way back, this was the line to get back to the tender.

70382235217__5DCF787B-9F7D-45BE-9C6B-AE2726761566.mov

Thanks for sharing. Back in 2018 when I visited Hawaii by cruise ship (not on Princess), we went to Kahului, Maui and used the dock there.

2 minutes ago, Honolulu Blue said:

Thanks for sharing. Back in 2018 when I visited Hawaii by cruise ship (not on Princess), we went to Kahului, Maui and used the dock there.

Lahaina has been a tender port for quite awhile 

• Like 1

+1 to all of those saying find a beer somewhere.  Or a really terrific Mai Tai at the Cool Cat Cafe, top story of the Cinema Wharf Center across from the Banyan tree.  You might even be able to get a glimpse of the line from there depending on where you are sitting.  I can't think of a better place to be stranded

• Like 3

1 hour ago, bronzey214 said:

Sorry for your delay but I hope you enjoyed Lahaina! I live just north of Lahaina and saw the Crown anchored offshore today. It brought back great memories of our Crown cruise around South America in 2016. Tendering is no fun anywhere and we will have to tender several times on our Iceland Cruise in September from the Island Princess.

2 hours ago, azbirdmom said:

+1 to all of those saying find a beer somewhere.  Or a really terrific Mai Tai at the Cool Cat Cafe, top story of the Cinema Wharf Center across from the Banyan tree.  You might even be able to get a glimpse of the line from there depending on where you are sitting.  I can't think of a better place to be stranded

We picked up cruise friends for a day Upcountry & when returning to Lahaina they went to the Pioneer Inn adjacent to the tender dock for drinks & to watch the long tender line. The bar rings a bell for last tender call when the lines get short. 🍻

IMG_0430.jpeg

69889330058__B8728C65-45C6-4CD3-B6C3-52FACE882777.fullsizerender.jpeg

Edited by Astro Flyer
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Astro Flyer said:

We picked up cruise friends for a day Upcountry & when returning to Lahaina they went to the Pioneer Inn adjacent to the tender dock for drinks & to watch the long tender line. The bar rings a bell for last tender call when the lines get short. 🍻

One of these days…me too

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, cr8tiv1 said:

thanks for leaving the “d” off.  🤙🏼

At Breakwall Shave Ice in the Wharf Center across from the Banyan Tree they have shave ice…with alcohol. And on Front Street is Ululani Hawaiian Shave Ice which Hawaii Magazine just rated #1 in all of Hawaii. 😋

• Like 4

9 hours ago, bronzey214 said:

Ohh No.  Well all of these suggestions seem to be spot on.  Could be in a worse place to be in line.

Cheers

• Like 1

We were on the Crown when it last visited Lahaina and we made sure to get back around 1pm. Line wasn't too bad, but the ship was only receiving at one dock and the driver was being trained. Not good.

Sorry for the lengthy line (I dislike any long line for anything).

I was flying back home from Maui yesterday afternoon and while leaving Kaanapali I looked over and saw the Crown just hanging outside Lahaina 🙂. I wanted to take a pic but was a little busy driving to OGG.

Trust me, you picked the perfect day to visit. Wednesday was pouring rain most of the day.

Aloha,

John