Departing Soon and no Upgrade Advantage Email

nivekious

Hi everyone, we booked a trip for June 11 (33 days away) and have yet to receive an email to bid on upgrades like we have always gotten in the past.  There are plenty of rooms in higher categories available to book. I also tried to use the app, but when I put in my info it says "reservation not found". Any ideas what is happening, and if we may still get a chance to bid? Thanks!

3 minutes ago, FitchburgWIFamily said:

Did you book directly with NCL?  I have booked with Costco and the reservation was not eligible for the upgrade program.

Yes, booked with them directly on the NCL website

not everyone on every sailing gets an upgrade notification.  

it's not  a reasonable expectation to assume you will get one. if you ultimately do, good for you, if not what have you lost?

it's on you, if you booked a cheaper category cabin with the expectation of bidding on something else

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, complawyer said:

not everyone on every sailing gets an upgrade notification.  

it's not  a reasonable expectation to assume you will get one. if you ultimately do, good for you, if not what have you lost?

it's on you, if you booked a cheaper category cabin with the expectation of bidding on something else

Is it not? I've sailed with Norwegian 5 times in the past, with multiple rooms and everyone in my party has always gotten an email to bid.

33 minutes ago, nivekious said:

Hi everyone, we booked a trip for June 11 (33 days away) and have yet to receive an email to bid on upgrades like we have always gotten in the past.  There are plenty of rooms in higher categories available to book. I also tried to use the app, but when I put in my info it says "reservation not found". Any ideas what is happening, and if we may still get a chance to bid? Thanks!

If their are that many cabins available just call and see if you can get a paid upgrade

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, nivekious said:

Is it not? I've sailed with Norwegian 5 times in the past, with multiple rooms and everyone in my party has always gotten an email to bid.

I'm sailing on Saturday, and we got the email to upgrade about 21 days out.

well, we've sailed on ncl 25 times within the past  10 years and only got the upgrade email on maybe 2 -3 sailings. so regardless of how many times in the past you and everyone has gotten the upgrade offer, the fact that as yet you havent  received one kind of proves my point.

again, if you get an offer to upgrade, good for you, if not, the offer is not something you can expect as 

owed to you. i wasnt arguing, you should be aware that not everyone on every sailing gets this email.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

When i tried the ap it also said "reservation not found". I have a 2 last names and I tried with/without the hyphen, it finally worked with I tried my last names without a space, weird. (official ncl account is with a space)

Also I actually typed in the reservation number rather than cut and pasted it in.  Try a few options ans see if it works.

• Like 1

The last cruise we just went on (TA that left 4/22/23 out of NYC) I didn't get an email BUT when I logged into the NCL website & accessed by reservation I was met immediately with the page, 'Let's Get You Upgraded'.  Dunno if this is the same for everyone else but the last 3 cruises I've booked I've gotten this page if I have an open reservation.  When I clicked on the link & put in my bid I DID get an acknowledgment email then from NCL confirming the bid amount.

FYI I had one successful bid and 2 failed bids.  The failed bids' emails I got on the day we sailed.

From my experience, the "notification" system is somewhat random. Maybe an e-mail, usually there's a link in the messages for the reservation in MyNCL, sometimes there's a banner.

But today is 110 days out for an upcoming cruise and if I go to the plusgrade website I can put in my bid - I'd checked previously and nothing was available.

• Like 1

On 5/9/2023 at 2:50 PM, nivekious said:

On the NCL zap, press Room Upgrades and enter your booking number. 

At the end of the day…. Just book the cabin category that you truly want - and don’t go in with the expectation that you are going to get a better offer at a minimal price.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 5/9/2023 at 2:50 PM, nivekious said:

He is correct.  Just because you got an offer 'every time' so far dopes not at all mean you will or should get one every time going forward.  A lot goes into the process such as what you paid for your exiting cabin and what cabins are still available as well as those same parameters for all other bookings on your cruise.  If teh fom says no upgrades available it means that your particular situation did not meet the parameter critaeria for an upgrade offer on that sailing.

We sail on 6/8, and I got my upgrade email in FEBRUARY.  (That being said, when I look online now, there are no suites available... so I'm sure no one is getting an upgrade on our cruise.) 

30 minutes ago, kikipug said:

We sail on 6/8, and I got my upgrade email in FEBRUARY.  (That being said, when I look online now, there are no suites available... so I'm sure no one is getting an upgrade on our cruise.) 

Bidding typically opens 110 days after final due date for the cruise. So makes perfect sense.

On 5/10/2023 at 12:51 PM, julig22 said:

From my experience, the "notification" system is somewhat random. Maybe an e-mail, usually there's a link in the messages for the reservation in MyNCL, sometimes there's a banner.

But today is 110 days out for an upcoming cruise and if I go to the plusgrade website I can put in my bid - I'd checked previously and nothing was available.

Received my email yesterday - offers for all the H1 H2 H3 H4 H5 and H6 - and then look at what

is actually available and it is all booked.

Likely if not bidding somewhere above mid-range on the bid scale you are not going to get the

cabin and not the one you would like.

I like the H2 DOS cabin 15500 deck 15 - 18 stairs no elevator but the bid offer photo is showing

the mate to this 15000 - not the same cabin layout features. I have stayed in 15500 before and

it is not worth the difference in bid or offer. I am presently on deck 11 (bridge deck in a 2BR suite

and I am not moving except for the Garden Villa deck 14 and I doubt if I would come close to

a satisfactory bid for this.

It would appear that the JEWEL 8/28 is sailing at or near capacity.

15 hours ago, Georgia_Peaches said:

Best advice I can give is to upgrade outright to the category of your choice. Then there’s no guesswork…just a sure thing. 

My "choice" is to just be on the ship, so we almost always just book insides.  I'll take a cheap upgrade (either due to price drops or a winning bid), but generally just wind up in an inside which is all I need to sleep and shower.