Captain's Circle Pary

shopgirl151

New to platinum for my cruise in July.  What is the Captain's Circle party about and is it different from the Elite/Platinum lounge events?

Second, my mother is Ruby.  Will she get to come with me to these events?

Thanks

Edited by shopgirl151

Just now, shopgirl151 said:

New to platinum for my cruise in July.  What is the Captain's Circle party about and is it different from the Elite/Platinum lounge events?

Thanks

It is a rah rah type event. Talk by the captain, announcing most traveled etc. Free drinks and snacks (at least in the past haven’t done one for at least 10 years

• Like 1

If you have the package then attending the party isn't much of an event but seeing that we're not sailing with a liquor package next cruise, we'll go for a couple of free drinks. 

53 minutes ago, shopgirl151 said:

Yes, you can bring along a non-Elite/Plat guest with you.

It's just a party of niceties, small talk, and some "insider info"/"feeling special" vibes, especially for the first few times... but you're not really gonna get any actual insider info most of the time unless your captain is more forthcoming.

They will recognize the most traveled passengers (the top 3), and will give away a bottle of wine or 2.  I enjoy the breakdown of the number of passengers in each group (the number of blue, gold, red, platinum and black members).

there is music and you can dance if you like.

The last 3 cruises had free drinks, but I dont remember there being snacks at the Captain Circle Event.

• Like 2

You can usually get your picture taken with the captain or some officers if you're interested in that. We've only done that once with a captain we really liked. Normally we don't care who is running the place 😁

• Like 1

3 hours ago, shopgirl151 said:

Thanks

Yes, the Captain's Circle event is different from the nightly Platinum/Elite/Suite lounge event.

The PES "lounge" is every night except Captain's Circle event night. Held in one lounge with snacks and discounted drinks for 2 hours, usually 4:30-6:30 or 5-7. Details will be in your cabin on arrival with where and when. Usually a main appetizer that rotated each night along with some other smaller side items.. it varies ship to ship.

The. Captain's Circle event is held at different times. Gold and Ruby usually have a small event late morning the first or second day of the cruise with a little booster talk about Princess, a free drink Tix and sometimes a drawing for one attendee to get upgraded to Elite for the rest of the cruise.. 

The Platinum and Elite Captain's Circle event is held in one of the larger lounges, attended by the vast majority of senior officers including captain, couple short booster talks about the cruise, the line and what's upcoming - ships, itineraries, etc, and passenger counts. And an introduction of the 3 most traveled passengers aboard.... Drawing for a free cheap bottle of bubbles held also...  There's a small selection 9f free drinks passed around - red, white or pink wine, vodka martini, Manhattan, some type of fruity rum punch, fruit juice mocktail, etc. Free. Or you can order any drinks you want if you're willing to wait and pay as you go or whatever is covered by your package if you have one.. 

Your cabin mate can attend whichever party with you. 

• Like 2

1965 is right. No snacks. Take one drink while waiting for your free custom order drinks. B.S. with various White Shirts and maybe get some real info from them. Captain, cruise sales folks will dominate the stage. If you win the sparkling wine give it to the people next to you… you really don’t need the headache. 

39 minutes ago, neverbeenhere said:

1965 is right. No snacks. Take one drink while waiting for your free custom order drinks. B.S. with various White Shirts and maybe get some real info from them. Captain, cruise sales folks will dominate the stage. If you win the sparkling wine give it to the people next to you… you really don’t need the headache. 

Yeah all the Captain Circle on last 4 cruise no snacks..also miss the snack mixes that were available in the bars before the pandemic. 

Free drinks no snacks, and they weren't really checking medallions at the door on the 3 cruises that we took, that had a a Captain Circle party over the past month.  On the last one, they didn't even take the invitations for the drawing, names were chosen from this Elite/Platinum list.

• Like 2

On 5/15/2023 at 10:15 AM, snoozecrooze said:

Yes, you can bring along a non-Elite/Plat guest with you.

It's just a party of niceties, small talk, and some "insider info"/"feeling special" vibes, especially for the first few times... but you're not really gonna get any actual insider info most of the time unless your captain is more forthcoming.

Actually, you're not supposed to bring anyone who isn't platinum or above. The PES lounge yes, not the Captain Circle party. They check your invitation at the door

16 hours ago, gvre said:

Yeah all the Captain Circle on last 4 cruise no snacks..also miss the snack mixes that were available in the bars before the pandemic. 

Getting rid of the bar snacks helps cut down on Noro

My Bride was Red on our last cruise. My color is Black, and I got the invitation.  We dropped it in the bucket, but walked by all the officers without any issues.  She was quickly served the free drinks.  I have never seen a bouncer at the door limiting admittance strictly to the invitation holder!  Because of the Rah Rah nature of the event, I doubt that they would want to risk alienating anyone, or risk that the invitation holder (and guest) would leave and miss the announcements (which included the new ship name at last month's event).

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, sirclean said:

My Bride was Red on our last cruise. My color is Black, and I got the invitation.  We dropped it in the bucket, but walked by all the officers without any issues.  She was quickly served the free drinks.  I have never seen a bouncer at the door limiting admittance strictly to the invitation holder!  Because of the Rah Rah nature of the event, I doubt that they would want to risk alienating anyone, or risk that the invitation holder (and guest) would leave and miss the announcements (which included the new ship name at last month's event).

For that matter you could attend all the parties that evening for free drinks. No one will say a word. 

btw- No more drooping off an invitation. 

23 hours ago, BamaVol said:

Speaking of behind, let’s hope they stop before they get to Uranus.

Sounds a lot like the previously mentioned Moon Princess...

• Haha 2

18 hours ago, Waynetor said:

My wife and I did 9 B2B last year and each won once the draw for the free bottle. It was much better than the bottles they give as prizes in some games

Agreed. On one cruise they pulled my invitation out of the bucket and the bottle of bubbly I won was much better than the ones I had won before and since for other things. We did actually drink all but one of the bottles we have won. That one went down the sink after we tasted it.

1 hour ago, MissP22 said:

For that matter you could attend all the parties that evening for free drinks. No one will say a word. 

btw- No more drooping off an invitation. 

Dropping. 😄 LOL

• Haha 1

On 5/16/2023 at 9:24 AM, toofewcruises said:

Actually, you're not supposed to bring anyone who isn't platinum or above. The PES lounge yes, not the Captain Circle party. They check your invitation at the door

On our last 4 cruises in the last month, they did not check anything at the door.  We forgot our invitation at one of the parties and thus lost out on the opportunity of winning a bottle of bubbly (fancier than the ones that you win at the other functions, these actually had foil around the neck of the bottle, must cost more than $3 each. 😁)  But for the most part, they didn't even check the medallions for color.  Should've brought our newbie friends, but it would have been a waste of time since they don't drink.

• Like 1