Prima continues to disappoint and I haven't even sailed.

cc-riderslc

Just when you think you have done everything right along comes a letter like this. I think the wording makes me as mad as losing the reservation. I booked it exactly 120 days out, got exactly what I wanted and now, just like that, I don't. 

Screenshot_20230525_134203_Samsung Notes.jpg

1 hour ago, cc-riderslc said:

Just when you think you have done everything right along comes a letter like this. I think the wording makes me as mad as losing the reservation. I booked it exactly 120 days out, got exactly what I wanted and now, just like that, I don't. 

Sorry this happened to you. We got a similar letter for Le Bistro on a recent cruise. What is weird is NCL doesn't even release all of the reservation slots pre cruise. We were confused why they would just cancel our reservation. In the end, we just booked it when we got on board. I wouldn't worry too much about it. There ought to be plenty of availability on embarkation. We agree Prima is a huge disappointment, but for other reasons. Good luck to you.

Edited by luv2kroooz
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, cc-riderslc said:

Not a big deal at all. No, the sky is not falling. Just rebook now or onboard. All better. Have a great cruise. We have sailed on the Prima twice and love the ship… Palomar not so much. 

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

if the only problem you have is the cancellation of a restaurant reservation, consider yourself lucky at the very least and blessed at  the most.

with so many other options available, as don henley once quoted "get over it" look at the other sign of the coin. you could have kept the reservation, sat down to dinner, and been disappointed with your meal.

relax, and enjoy the ride. to me after 25 ncl cruises, cagney's still wins hands down!!!

• Like 1

I agree with folks who have said essentially - make the best of it but I also think this is ridiculous.  How about a letter that we have booked you at another time or we have booked you in another restaurant, complimentary for the inconvenience.  This is really poor customer service.

• Like 8

7 hours ago, cc-riderslc said:

You might try booking online again, perhaps for a different night or different time.  If you aren't able to get an acceptable reservation online, then try again once you are on board.  The likelihood of finding an acceptable time will be better if you check availability as soon as you get on board the first day of your cruise.  Good luck and enjoy your cruise.

Can’t read the attachment as it’s too blurry.  Assuming it’s to let you know one of your dinner reservations has to be changed?  If so, as others said, rebook it on board.  This is really a simple fix and by no means, an indictment of the entire ship and/or trip.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, luv2kroooz said:

Prima is a huge disappointment, but for other reasons. Good luck to you.

Can you elaborate or direct me to a review? We were going to book Prima next year but may avoid if it's a mess. We were happy on Bliss and might just try it again out of LA. in the summer.

7 minutes ago, pc_load_letter said:

Can you elaborate or direct me to a review?

there are many lovely things about the prima. there are also nasty, atrociously ill-conceived and executed things. do a search here for "prima" and acquaint yourself with the good, the bad and the worse.

nobody can predict whether you'll like the ship. try it and see for yourself.

i personally would never sail it until they fix the known noise problems in an unspecified number of rooms. get one of those rooms and you may lose many days of sleep. avoid those rooms and you have a greater likelihood of having a great time... as long as you don't mind aimlessly roaming around the ship looking for seating or waiting to dine in restaurants or be served at bars.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, graphicguy said:

Can’t read the attachment as it’s too blurry.  Assuming it’s to let you know one of your dinner reservations has to be changed?  If so, as others said, rebook it on board.  This is really a simple fix and by no means, an indictment of the entire ship and/or trip.

Amen.  Prima is a wonderful ship with top-notch staff.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, pc_load_letter said:

I generally like to read what people complain about and determine if it's not relevant to me or something I could care less about.

Here's my brief take on the ship from my sailing in late April:

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, pc_load_letter said:

Great review! This should be a template that all reviewers should follow. Thanks for posting!

I enjoy prattling on about my experience though! This is far too concise for my style of prose.

Verbose | Word Genius

But, yes @JGmf, I too, appreciated your review of Pr1ma! 

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, cruiseny4life said:

I enjoy prattling on about my experience though! This is far too concise for my style of prose.

Verbose | Word Genius

But, yes @JGmf, I too, appreciated your review of Pr1ma! 

Just curious but I noticed a couple of times you wrote Prima as "Pr1ma".   Typo or is there some meaning to that?  I noticed a couple of others do that also.

Thx.

Edited by ColeThornton
  • Like 1

51 minutes ago, ColeThornton said:

Just curious but I noticed a couple of times you wrote Prima as "Pr1ma".   Typo or is there some meaning to that?  I noticed a couple of others do that also.

Thx.

In marketing materials for the release, NCL would spell Prima as PR1MA. I've just carried on the tradition since it appears NCL has stopped using PR1MA. 

image.png.0c6f2ae9619baaa0055b8dce466ed293.png

Sourc3: https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ncl.com%2Fnewsroom%2Fnorwegian-cruise-line-unveils-much-anticipated-norwegian-prima%2F&psig=AOvVaw1WK6dfd70aeRGVVw-IREGL&ust=1685216990265000&source=images&cd=vfe&ved=0CBAQjRxqFwoTCLjB19Pgk_8CFQAAAAAdAAAAABAD

EDIT: Looks like they took this photo off the official page. Here's a few other photos from a search for "ncl pr1mapress release"

image.thumb.png.a16450997a945d1302120e1f215356ef.png

Edited by cruiseny4life
  • Thanks 2

We loved the Prima and found that most of the negative reviews were exagerations or non existant...at least for us. We also went to the Prima Theater first thing onboard to change some of our dinner reservations......no problem at all. I read so many bad reviews I all most wanted to cancel and soooooo happy that we did not. Go with a postive attitude and don't let the small stuff ruin your cruise. Have a wonderful trip. 

• Like 8