Liberty of the Seas passenger fined for cannabis aboard ship in Bermuda

3 minutes ago, smokeybandit said:

Bermuda searches cabins while the ship is in port?

And wow if that much marijuana has a street value of $1500 in Bermuda.

They have been doing it for many years. I don’t post all the times they fine people. I only post about it now and then when they do to make people aware. 

• Like 2

Why do people think they can break laws of other countries?

This is much more disturbing. Those dogs have very good sense of smell. Probably felt it from halls first. People manage to smoke it on the ship on some occasions.

Edited by Tatka
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Tatka said:

You're right. Their laws, their rules. But could you imagine the uproar if US customs boarded the ship for any stop in the USA and searched everyone's cabins?

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, smokeybandit said:

You're right. Their laws, their rules. But could you imagine the uproar if US customs boarded the ship for any stop in the USA and searched everyone's cabins?

Police did not just started randomly searching cabins.  They found something outside of the ship and then later searched the cabin. Yes they have a right. Ship docked in Bermuda is no different than house standing in Bermuda.

Edited by Tatka
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, Tatka said:

They found something outside of the ship and then later searched the cabin. Yes they have a right. Ship docked in Bermuda is no different than house standing in Bermuda.

It does not say they found it outside the ship. I know they routinely search cabins. I have seen them coming through. What I found interesting is they detected THC in an edible. First time I saw them mention THC in an edible. 

This is nothing new and not a scam.  Bermuda has been doing random searches of crew and guest cabins before Covid.  I personally had my cabin searched in Bermuda.  It was before Covid.  I did feel violated but understand that this is not the US.  They searched all my drawers and the bathroom.  There was a female agent with them.  Again, this is NOT new and NOT a scam.  No need for discussion.  It is what it is.  When you travel outside the US, you are bound by that country’s laws.  If you don’t agree with it or like it, don’t travel outside the US.  It’s that easy!!!

• Like 18
  • Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, Tatka said:

This is much more disturbing. Those dogs have very good sense of smell. Probably felt it from halls first. People manage to smoke it on the ship on some occasions.

We have smelled it many times while we were on our balcony 

• Like 3

Whenever someone posts a "Can I bring this legal in my home state but not legal everywhere drug with me?" type of question this is exactly the "It's not a problem until it's a problem" outcome that can occur.

Another scenario that can occur - a officer with a drug sensing dog is standing near the ship on a sidewalk and the dog hits when a person walks past.  Now they board the ship and search that person's cabin.  Perfectly legal search.  Now it's a problem for that person if they find anything not legal in their country. 

It's never a problem until it is, but when it becomes a problem, it can become a very big problem.   

• Like 4

2 hours ago, lovesthebeach2 said:

We have smelled it many times while we were on our balcony 

Shoot I've turned in other Cabin's for Smoking Cigarettes on their Balcony. They ended up being Fined. Was anything else I would have also... 

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Charles4515 said:

I don’t know about Bermuda but Royal Caribbean prohibits CBD oils. 

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/faq/questions/prohibited-items-onboard-policy

This is true. Thankfully when I’ve cruised on 3 different cruiselines I’ve carried my daughters prescription Cbd ( for seizures) in the carryon visable to everyone and no one has said a peep. She’s not on the drug anymore ( didn’t work) so no worry anymore. 

4 hours ago, Charles4515 said:

As I have posted over the years does have sniffer dogs inspect cabins for drugs.on ships docked in Bermuda. 

Liberty's first Bayonne cruise in May had  uniformed personnel (not Royal's) with a dog searching a cabin near mine. I thought it occurred in Labadee but it may have been Bermuda.

4 hours ago, Charles4515 said:

I don’t know about Bermuda but Royal Caribbean prohibits CBD oils. 

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/faq/questions/prohibited-items-onboard-policy

However, CBD capsules and gummies, and maybe oil in your meds carry-on, isn't going to get noticed.  Caribbean ports don't have dogs sniffing on ships unless they have been requested by the ship.  Just keep it and use it in your cabin. No Vaping.

3 minutes ago, meadowlander said:

Liberty's first Bayonne cruise in May had  uniformed personnel (not Royal's) with a dog searching a cabin near mine. I thought it occurred in Labadee but it may have been Bermuda.

Most likely Bermuda. 

9 hours ago, smokeybandit said:

They don't need to, they have already searched your luggage when you were boarding.