Do Pre-cruise Promotional Discounts Ever Change?

Hello,

I haven't sailed with Royal in a bit so I'm just curious if the discounts on Beverage or Dining Packages or even Shore Excursions and Internet fluctuate (i.e. Larger Promotional Discounts offered depending on holidays, general sales, etc)? Right now it seems everything is around a 20% discount which pretty much reflects the discount I'm offered as a Diamond level C&A member.

12 minutes ago, Cruisegoer said:

Hello,

I haven't sailed with Royal in a bit so I'm just curious if the discounts on Beverage or Dining Packages or even Shore Excursions and Internet fluctuate (i.e. Larger Promotional Discounts offered depending on holidays, general sales, etc)? Right now it seems everything is around a 20% discount which pretty much reflects the discount I'm offered as a Diamond level C&A member.

To me they change and a couple days later change again. Lunch was stuck on 15% off .. went to 10% off and  now stuck there but base price went up. Excursions were as low as 35% off last black friday.

Sorry, I dont k know how you came up with 20% off. Lol I have  nothing booked at 20% off. Which items are you asking about?

Some items rotate between two price points.  Others don't change at all (or go up).  The only time the price really changes is around black friday/cyber monday.  You might luck out every now and then with a slightly lower price, or a technical error (when they ran the deluxe beverage for $17/day or Izumi Hibachi at $28/pp).  What people will say is if you like the price, buy it.  If it goes down (or you get a black friday or other sale) you can always repurcahse and then cancel your old order.  I will say there were at least 3 times where I was waiting to purchase and then the prices jumped up and never went back down.  For example the unlimited dining package was between $180-$200 every other week.  I decided to buy it on the next drop to $180 and the price jumped to $320 and has never come back down. I don't know that we have ever heard someone complain about buying too soon (but I am sure I will now...).  Until such time as RCI makes a cruise planner purchase non-refundable, you should buy now and look for lower prices later if you really want the product.

1 hour ago, firefly333 said:

To me they change and a couple days later change again. Lunch was stuck on 15% off .. went to 10% off and  now stuck there but base price went up. Excursions were as low as 35% off last black friday.

Sorry, I dont k know how you came up with 20% off. Lol I have  nothing booked at 20% off. Which items are you asking about?

Look at the Diamond level benefits for beverage (adult) purchase discounts (20%), that's what I'm being offered as the discount in "Plan My Cruise" off the Deluxe Beverage Package.  3 Night Dining package is also 20% off, Unlimited Dining is only 15% off, some shore excursions showing as only 10% pre-cruise savings.

27 minutes ago, The Scurvy Pirate said:

Some items rotate between two price points.  Others don't change at all (or go up).  The only time the price really changes is around black friday/cyber monday.  You might luck out every now and then with a slightly lower price, or a technical error (when they ran the deluxe beverage for $17/day or Izumi Hibachi at $28/pp).  What people will say is if you like the price, buy it.  If it goes down (or you get a black friday or other sale) you can always repurcahse and then cancel your old order.  I will say there were at least 3 times where I was waiting to purchase and then the prices jumped up and never went back down.  For example the unlimited dining package was between $180-$200 every other week.  I decided to buy it on the next drop to $180 and the price jumped to $320 and has never come back down. I don't know that we have ever heard someone complain about buying too soon (but I am sure I will now...).  Until such time as RCI makes a cruise planner purchase non-refundable, you should buy now and look for lower prices later if you really want the product.

You're talking about total cost $180-200-320 not per day correct? Right now it would be $400pp on my 5 night.

Everything about Royal seems to be dynamic and I've seen prices change for both cruises and cruise planner items in a 24-hour period. One thing is for sure: it seems like Tuesdays are the worst days to book a cruise, price always goes up and/or their "promo" ends. I haven't been as religious checking the cruise planner but it'd be interesting if that was on a cadence, too.  

25 minutes ago, taglovestocruise said:

A 5 night dining package should be under $200 pp.  A five night UBP would be about $500 total.

When did you last cruise and purchase a Deluxe Beverage Package? Prices went up big time in the last year, I think $80 per day is about average (it used to be $60ish).

4 hours ago, Cruisegoer said:

Hello,

I eyeball the prices every day for changes.  I've gotten significant savings on internet and Coco Beach Club by watching the prices. I simply rebook at the new price and cancel the higher priced one.  No issues doing that.  

Teddie

• Thanks 1

On 6/27/2023 at 1:33 PM, Another_Critic said:

The new slogan?  Relentlessly. Constantly. Indubitably.  

An alternative to Really Consistently Inconsistent ?

Thank you!  I didn't even see what I had done!  😄 

• Haha 1

On 6/27/2023 at 11:22 AM, firefly333 said:

They really rise as you get closer to your sail.  My suggestion is book and if prices drop get them repriced.  Many of the refreshments and internet package costs for my family are hundreds of $ more.

July 4th CP sale started today. You may or may not find something.

I don't buy the DBP or UDP... or very much in general but these sales haven't resulted in any overly exciting savings for my future Wonder cruises when I glance at them. Internet goes from $20.99 to $19.99, individual dining doesn't change at all, DBP goes down like $6/day or so, etc.

Mostly only looking at internet for my next cruise before we become D+ and start using our 4 free days/credit since my wife and I are OK sharing once account. Maybe it will be a couple bucks cheaper on Black Friday. Will also book a specialty meal or two.