Elite status minibar setup question

Purple Gallinule

First of all, YES I did do a search on this and did not find the answer to my question.

So, here goes. We just finished a B2B Alaska cruise on Majestic from and to Vancouver. Each Saturday we received the complimentary minibar setup. I am assuming this is because it was two cruises.

My question is: When you sail on a 14-day or longer cruise (e.g. full canal transit for 16 days) do you get more than one minibar setup? There is probably a simple answer, but I have not found it. We have two 16-day cruises booked.

Thanks in advance for any help.

5 minutes ago, Purple Gallinule said:

First of all, YES I did do a search on this and did not find the answer to my question.

So, here goes. We just finished a B2B Alaska cruise on Majestic from and to Vancouver. Each Saturday we received the complimentary minibar setup. I am assuming this is because it was two cruises.

My question is: When you sail on a 14-day or longer cruise (e.g. full canal transit for 16 days) do you get more than one minibar setup? There is probably a simple answer, but I have not found it. We have two 16-day cruises booked.

No. It goes by voyage number. Your 14 day b2b Alaska cruise was actually 2 voyages. A single cruise no matter how long, example 16 day Hawaii, is one voyage and thus one mini bar. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Mini bars are not equated to number of days sailing.  It is dependent on number of VOYAGES booked.  If you are doing two 16 day b2b voyages, then you "should" receive 2 mini-bars.  The exception would be if it was sold as one or two voyages.  

Your Alaskan cruise was booked as two 7 day cruises.  Hence 2 mini-bars. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, skynight said:

"one credit = one minibar." Not exactly. It does not go by cruise credits since there can be additional cruise credits for full suites as well as single occupancy. It goes by voyage. 

Correct…having never sailed solo or in a suite, I neglected to make that distinction…thanks.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, Purple Gallinule said:

Unfortunately, just one minibar setup. Your B2B, was two segments, so two setups. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, skynight said:

"one credit = one minibar." Not exactly. It does not go by cruise credits since there can be additional cruise credits for full suites as well as single occupancy. It goes by voyage. 

Basically off topic but....I just looked at our list of cruise credits.  Up to this point we have sailed twice in a suite, once on a 7 day Caribbean cruise and one on a 14 TA.  We received 2 credits for the Caribbean cruise but only one for the TA.  The difference between the 2 suites was the TA suite was through an upgrade bid.  Does anybody know if it's an official policy to only give 1 cruise credit for a suite attained through a paid upgrade?  I don't really care that much.  We're already elite.  I was just curious.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, msmoger said:

Basically off topic but....I just looked at our list of cruise credits.  Up to this point we have sailed twice in a suite, once on a 7 day Caribbean cruise and one on a 14 TA.  We received 2 credits for the Caribbean cruise but only one for the TA.  The difference between the 2 suites was the TA suite was through an upgrade bid.  Does anybody know if it's an official policy to only give 1 cruise credit for a suite attained through a paid upgrade?  I don't really care that much.  We're already elite.  I was just curious.

A long long long time ago.  Received an UPGRADE (not bid) to a suite (that's the one that spoiled me).  I was told since I didn't "pay" the suite fare, I would only receive on credit.  That may be the reason you did not receive the "extra" credit.  You paid for the bid, (which would also be an upsell) but did not pay full suite fare.  I don't know, just giving a real experience.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, msmoger said:

The TOS explains that scenario, for a bid there's no doubling of cruise credits.  Pre-covid we got them for upsells.  Times have definitely changed!

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/28/2023 at 4:29 PM, Purple Gallinule said:

Just got off a world cruise - altho' booked as one cruise, got new minibar setups each segment and made exchanges for what I wanted.  If they didn't automatically provide the setup I called and confirmed I was supposed to get, and got it delivered.

On 6/28/2023 at 1:51 PM, cr8tiv1 said:

Even if the OP booked as one 14 day sailing, they would have received a minibar on each turnaround day and receive 2 credits if not booked as solo or in a suite.

Years ago, you would have only received one cruise credit, but Princess updated its programming, in this instance, and should recognize that longer sailing is comprised of shorter voyages, and thus credit you for each. I have heard the term ‘logical’ sailing.

I know there is an exception to this in the SYD to USA sailings, as usually Princess will offer a short 4 or 5 day sailing Syd to Auckland and Auckland to USA, only if you book these as separate sailings, will you get credit for each. If you book Syd to USA, you will get 1 credit. I know Princess may then offer LA to YVR as a continuation or Syd to YVR, which includes the LA to YVR segment and assume you would get credit for that as a separate voyage if you booked Syd to YVR.

• Like 1

On 6/28/2023 at 12:51 PM, cr8tiv1 said:

Mini bars are not equated to number of days sailing.  It is dependent on number of VOYAGES booked.  If you are doing two 16 day b2b voyages, then you "should" receive 2 mini-bars.  The exception would be if it was sold as one or two voyages.  

Actually it does not depend how it was booked. It depends upon the number of different segments that a cruise could be booked as. If you booked a 14 day, that was also sold as 2 7 day cruises you would get 2 setups.  A 21 day cruise that could be purchased as 3 7 day cruises you get 3.

If you booked a 16 day cruise and it was the only way it could be booked you get 1.

Which also applies to how cruise credits are awarded. The number of individual segments that could be booked, even if you booked it as one cruise.

The main area cruise length really impacts the decision to book long or multiple segments is price and the various obc programs. 2 7 days $200 vs 1 14 day $250

21 hours ago, ldtr said:

Actually it does not depend how it was booked. It depends upon the number of different segments that a cruise could be booked as. If you booked a 14 day, that was also sold as 2 7 day cruises you would get 2 setups.  A 21 day cruise that could be purchased as 3 7 day cruises you get 3.

If you booked a 16 day cruise and it was the only way it could be booked you get 1.

Which also applies to how cruise credits are awarded. The number of individual segments that could be booked, even if you booked it as one cruise.

The main area cruise length really impacts the decision to book long or multiple segments is price and the various obc programs. 2 7 days $200 vs 1 14 day $250

So how does this work with going from Plus to Premier?  I was considering this for a B2B2B Grand Med out of Barcelona, for speciality dining (it’s not worth it for me if it’s 21 days versus 3 times 7 days).  I spoke with my TA.  She called Princess and nobody knows the answer.  I guess I’ll find out when I board in 12 or so days.

11 minutes ago, JJMD said:

So how does this work with going from Plus to Premier?  I was considering this for a B2B2B Grand Med out of Barcelona, for speciality dining (it’s not worth it for me if it’s 21 days versus 3 times 7 days).  I spoke with my TA.  She called Princess and nobody knows the answer.  I guess I’ll find out when I board in 12 or so days.

Do not know never purchased a package. 

1 hour ago, memoak said:

I believe the poster is inquiring about changing from Plus to Premier on boarding

I took it to be if you book a longer trip with shorter segments if you get specialty dining credits based upon what you booked or per segment.

3 hours ago, JJMD said:

So how does this work with going from Plus to Premier?  I was considering this for a B2B2B Grand Med out of Barcelona, for specialty dining (it’s not worth it for me if it’s 21 days versus 3 times 7 days).  I spoke with my TA.  She called Princess and nobody knows the answer.  I guess I’ll find out when I board in 12 or so days.

If you book 3 x 7-nighters (B2B2B) you should get the full package benefits for each week.  I.E., a total of 6 SD credits.  That's what some others have posted.  Personally, I don't see the benefit to booking one logical 21-night voyage if you can secure the same cabin on all segments (book early).  I don't book the cruise packages, but if I did, I would just do it on the ship on day 1.  If you have booked three physical 7-nighters, you could even make decision - potentially - to bypass the package after first week and add it back for the final week.