Something more fun - what's your favourite drink order?

Dreamscaper

What are your must-order drinks aboard Princess?  I want to make some wise informed choices within my 15 limit :classic_laugh:

Is there anything off menu you'd recommend that they know how to make?

We have Princess Plus, but if there's something really special I'm not above paying the overage for something great :)

17 minutes ago, Dreamscaper said:

What are your must-order drinks aboard Princess?  I want to make some wise informed choices within my 15 limit :classic_laugh:

Is there anything off menu you'd recommend that they know how to make?

We have Princess Plus, but if there's something really special I'm not above paying the overage for something great :)

On our Grand Princess Cruise in 2018 I discovered the Cherry Blossom Garden (loved it but I swear every bartender on that ship prepared it differently, even had one bartender serve it as a frozen drink, good Lord that one was good) On our last cruise in November none of the bartenders had ever heard of it (sigh). On said cruise, I fell in love with the "Dirty Banana".  If you like frozen drinks (and I do), the BBC (bananas, baleys & colada) and the Miami Vice (half strawberry daiquiri/half pina colada and when done right one vertical side of the glass is red and the other is white) are good cocktails.

DW discovered the Milky Way Martini (not a frozen drink and filled with what she calls "chocolatey goodness"). On the non alcoholic side, she enjoyed the Americano Latte.

• Like 1

Dirty Banana is a good frozen drink but my absolute favorite on my recent Royal Princess cruise was Dunes--it was at the Crooners bar but you may be able to get it elsewhere (over ice--coconut rum, melon and banana liqueur, pineapple juice and sweet and sour).

I was a fond of the Egyptian zombie (Bacardi Superior rum, Gosling's Dark rum, blackberry brandy, sweet and sour, orange juice, pineapple juice, grenadine) and Mai tai as well.

Edited by SuzieQ521

2 hours ago, J13C85 said:

On our Grand Princess Cruise in 2018 I discovered the Cherry Blossom Garden (loved it but I swear every bartender on that ship prepared it differently, even had one bartender serve it as a frozen drink, good Lord that one was good) On our last cruise in November none of the bartenders had ever heard of it (sigh). On said cruise, I fell in love with the "Dirty Banana".  If you like frozen drinks (and I do), the BBC (bananas, baleys & colada) and the Miami Vice (half strawberry daiquiri/half pina colada and when done right one vertical side of the glass is red and the other is white) are good cocktails.

DW discovered the Milky Way Martini (not a frozen drink and filled with what she calls "chocolatey goodness"). On the non alcoholic side, she enjoyed the Americano Latte.

The Cherry Blossom Garden was my favourite too! I'm so sad it's not around any more. 😭

The Pina Colada and Baileys Raspberry Martini are my new favourite drinks. 

Two favs for me.  Grey Goose (GG Orange if they have it) with tonic, float 2 orange slices.  Hendricks with cucumber tonic and loads of ice.  I don’t enjoy sweet frou frou drinks at all.  My DH only drinks Scotch (Macallan, preferably) neat.  Whispering Angel Rose at dinner for me and DH drinks some red stuff.  That’s it.  The most boring drinkers you will ever meet.

My (slightly embarrassing) favorite Princess cocktail is the Monte Chocso: hot chocolate, grand marnier and kahlua. 
It’s possible I had that for breakfast, maybe more than once. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, gottagoacruzn said:

Hey, does anyone know what the ingredients for a dirty banana are? Thanks.

From online:

Princess Cruises makes the Dirty Banana with Gosling’s Dark Rum, Kahlua, Patron XO Cafe Liqueur, cream, chocolate syrup, and fresh banana. 

My favourite drink is the London Lemonade martini.  It's no longer on the menu, but so far (fingers crossed), I've had good luck finding bartenders who remember it and will make it for me.  I love it because it's tart, not sweet like the Lemon Drop.  And of course, like all proper martinis, it is based on gin and not vodka!

My second fave is just a classic gimlet (again, gin not vodka) or the Chairman of the Board. 

9 hours ago, Lady Arwen said:

Two favs for me.  Grey Goose (GG Orange if they have it) with tonic, float 2 orange slices.  Hendricks with cucumber tonic and loads of ice.  I don’t enjoy sweet frou frou drinks at all.  My DH only drinks Scotch (Macallan, preferably) neat.  Whispering Angel Rose at dinner for me and DH drinks some red stuff.  That’s it.  The most boring drinkers you will ever meet.

Your husband would probably love this one. Heck, I'd love it too but the price is crazy. They had this on Ruby Princess last year. This is one spendy ounce of liquor.

8 hours ago, Thrak said:

Your husband would probably love this one. Heck, I'd love it too but the price is crazy. They had this on Ruby Princess last year. This is one spendy ounce of liquor.

I don’t see anything!  What am I missing?

13 hours ago, SuzieQ521 said:

From online:

Princess Cruises makes the Dirty Banana with Gosling’s Dark Rum, Kahlua, Patron XO Cafe Liqueur, cream, chocolate syrup, and fresh banana. 

35% cream (whipping cream)

• Like 1

Very classic guy here love a Dirty Martini with 3 olives 🫒.

‘Also like an Aperol Spritz. 

Open to try other drinks suggestions but not too sweet. 

interesting thread

Thanks

Sea Ya 

Eric