International Cafe

caravellov1

Almond croissant and Cubano Sandwich. My wife always eats the parfait. Depending on the ship the breakfast sandwich can be quite good or blandly horrid. Vanilla Latte - sometimes with a shot of Jameson.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

5 minutes ago, Cruzinnana47 said:

Dark roast coffee in the am...and sandwiches, salads and maybe some cookies in the PM...😉

I tend to avoid the Dark Roast as it has less caffeine. I'm more of a Black coffee with an extra 2 shots of Espresso. (Not often but I do sometimes order that. I've gotten some odd looks from other people waiting to order.)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Thrak said:

I tend to avoid the Dark Roast as it has less caffeine. I'm more of a Black coffee with an extra 2 shots of Espresso. (Not often but I do sometimes order that. I've gotten some odd looks from other people waiting to order.)

Nothing wrong with that, if this is your preference, go for it!   IMO, any coffee combo from the IC is so much better than the weak coffee in the DR's.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cruzinnana47 said:

Nothing wrong with that, if this is your preference, go for it!   IMO, any coffee combo from the IC is so much better than the weak coffee in the DR's.

They need something inbetween the double espresso and the Americano. Like a long black they're called over here. Or I guess a double espresso with some hot water on the side might solve it.

It’s possible to eat mostly healthy at international cafe for breakfast. Fresh pineapple pieces, yummy grapefruit sections, yogurt with fruit, egg bites (3 varieties), and a couple of muesli bars, with or without chocolate. Yummy. And cappuccino, extra strong, for here (in a china cup, not paper- please!)

IMG_9432.jpeg

IMG_9427.jpeg

IMG_9426.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

2 hours ago, Cruzinnana47 said:

I do agree that coffee in IC is vastly better than the coffee I've gotten in MDR. I once had a really good cup of coffee in MDR at lunch. I was amazed. I asked for a second cup and it was horrible. Seems to depend on who mixed the syrup? No idea but the second cup tasted like coffee that had been sitting on the burner in a gas station for about a week.

43 minutes ago, Over from NZ said:

They need something inbetween the double espresso and the Americano. Like a long black they're called over here. Or I guess a double espresso with some hot water on the side might solve it.

An Americano is nothing more than an espresso with extra water added. A long black is hot water that has espresso added to it. Not a whole lot of difference. Have you tried just asking for a long black?  I know I've asked for a Red Eye and for a Black Eye - neither of which is on the menu - and they didn't bat an eye (no pun intended) but just fixed my drink and handed it to me with a smile.

9 minutes ago, cr8tiv1 said:

Peanut Butter cookies, but you have to ask for them.  Perfecto when they warm them up a little.  I do miss the cookies and milk cart in the Piazza at 4 PM.  

I never met a cookies & milk cart in the Piazza at 4pm or any other time...my life is saddened!

Definitely cookies (currently my favorite is oatmeal, but it varies by ship...used to be peanut butter), pistachio croissants, the little egg muffins they used to have (like a mix between souffle & a bread muffin not the egg sandwich on an english muffin)...something new that catches my eye...

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, cr8tiv1 said:

I do miss the cookies and milk cart in the Piazza at 4 PM. 

The also used to do that on Lido deck. I remember walking across the deck and realizing that Casablanca had just started. I got sucked into it and was pleased when the 4:00 cart came around with cold milk and warm cookies. It was a really nice touch that has disappeared.

• Like 4

International Cafe room / balcony breakfast on the Sapphire.

0130_20230502_083120.thumb.jpg.19c6568d11fbc96d3bc6a72bb03f9a5b.jpg

- Smoked Salmon Sandwich

- Egg & Avocado Pumpernickel Bread

- Egg Muffin Brocolli Cheddar

(Mimosa from Calypso Bar, which is open early in the morning)

😊

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1