Name/Luggage Tags

Someone posted a bit ago that there is a way to input name on luggage tags before printing. Think I can remember where I saw that?  No.  Anyone here who can help me out — either pointing me to the right post or give directions for printing name?  Thank you.

26 minutes ago, Lady Hudson said:

Someone posted a bit ago that there is a way to input name on luggage tags before printing. Think I can remember where I saw that?  No.  Anyone here who can help me out — either pointing me to the right post or give directions for printing name?  Thank you.

I have not heard of this but am curious to hear the answer to your question.

You can do it with MS Word. Simply open the downloaded luggage tag PDF in Word, edit and add your name via edit mode, then save again as PDF and print. That's the method I use each time. You can do the same if you have a PDF editor program, most folks will have access to MS Word.

• Like 3

55 minutes ago, jean87510 said:

This is new to me.  I have never written my name on my luggage tag.  Was under the impression the room # was sufficient.

I think the room # is sufficient -- the crew doesn't care about /doesn't need your name.  They just want to get your luggage to the right hallway, and the colors /codes on the tag give them that information.  

However, I like to add my name with Sharpie.  If it were to go astray (which has never happened to me), I figure it could only be helpful.  

I snap a screen capture of the PDF. And overlay name and phone number on the bags. I want a name and phone number on bags, when (not if) there is a problem. We use Amazon luggage tag holders and put a tag on the top and a second tag on the side handle of each of our bags. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, island lady said:

I simply print out one tag from my cruise documents.  Then hand print my last name, then scan and make copies for all of my bags, two on each checked bag of course.  

I only put one ON each bag BUT I put one INSIDE bag also.

• Like 1

This reminds me of the old old old joke. 

"When NASA first started sending up astronauts, they quickly discovered that ballpoint pens would not work in zero gravity. To combat the problem, NASA scientists spent a decade and $12 billion to develop a pen that writes in zero gravity, upside down, underwater, on almost any surface, and at temperatures ranging from below freezing to 300 degrees Celsius.

The Russians used a pencil."

KISS - I write it in myself.

• Haha 5

We live in Canada and lately my Amazon orders have been unreliable-- things I have purchased with one day shipping on Prime Day still have yet to arrive. I have a laminator and film so figured if it's allowed I'd just laminate them.