PAYING for Pizza in Sorrento’s

18 hours ago, LobsterStalker said:

These 2 bolds are a bit contradictory .

Agree to an extent about specialty VS MDR except , until MDR is not an option at all , (which I have surmised may be their end game) , I will not pay an upcharge for a better quality dining experience , but instead enjoy the included food experience as best I can

Cheers

I also will not ever pay for food. If the food continues to get worse in the MDR or the WJ, then we’re out. We will either find another cruise line or quit cruising. To many cuts and it’ll be a no go for us.

• Like 8

21 minutes ago, ReneeFLL said:

I also will not ever pay for food. If the food continues to get worse in the MDR or the WJ, then we’re out. We will either find another cruise line or quit cruising. To many cuts and it’ll be a no go for us.

Maybe because I'm solo, and have all the obc to spend by myself I feel differently. When I did carnival vista, I did pay venues 6 of 7 nights (did Mdr lobster night). And it doesnt bother me to treat myself to a meal here or there. Celebrity I feel like I'm paying for extras for 2 people so rcl pay for everything still is my overall cheapest line. No other line discounts for solos. 

I too find myself booking more pay venues where pre covid I wouldn't have considered it. Do a bogo or some decent deal and figure it out. Might still be cheaper than other lines? Your shell dress needs to be worn to some more Mdr dinners. 

Hos stupid can the bean counters get Pizza is perhaps the cheapest main course to make on the ship.  If they start charging for it people will just strt eating the more expensive options. 

I have only once eaten at Jonney rockets and that was for breakfast which is free. 

Only food I like on Carnival is  their chicken shack. Guys burgers and BBQ and mexican food plus seafood bar chineese and sandwitch place.

All this will do is drive families away from RCL or perhaps that is their idea.

\

5 hours ago, Another_Critic said:

The same reason people go on the ship and eat at Golden Corral (aka Windjammer).

A lot of JR's on land have closed.  All the VA locations have.  In the DC metro, the ones left are at FedEx field where the "Commanders'" play.  There are several there.  Otherwise, SIx Flags and a couple of outlet malls are other locations.   It's not a place that most people go to regularly.  They tend to be in touristy places or sports complexes.  

• Like 1

Read an article RCCL may start charging for pizza at Sorento's pizza.  If RCCL reads these posts this is a perk most cruise passengers like and would be very disappointed if they start to charge.  Not sure how to let RCCL know passengers won't like this.  They changed their dinning menu and now charge for extra lobster.  Hope they don't start to nickel and dime us with everything.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, HicksRA said:

Out of curiosity, I was looking at the President’s cruise next year. Outrageous prices. $4770 pp for a JS. $10k for 7 days in a JS? And that’s not including airfare.  Maybe there are people dumb enough to pay these prices, but I’m not one of them. 

You have correctly demonstrated why cruise lines will, with outrageous pricing, contribute to their own demise 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, timbom said:

Only food I like on Carnival is  their chicken shack. Guys burgers and BBQ and mexican food plus seafood bar chineese and sandwitch place.

You got that point right for sure. Carnival is wiping the floor with RC when it comes to food. Guys, the Deli, and the Mexican place's food is amazing. Even their MDR has better tasting food than RC does right now and it's all included.

• Like 2

On 8/10/2023 at 10:44 AM, Jam0610 said:

Makes no difference to me, don't eat the stuff.

They keep raising prices an all inclusive resort in Cancun will take their place in our household.   

Which I have been doing for 3yrs now and love it!

2 hours ago, timbom said:

Hos stupid can the bean counters get Pizza is perhaps the cheapest main course to make on the ship.  If they start charging for it people will just strt eating the more expensive options. 

I have only once eaten at Jonney rockets and that was for breakfast which is free. 

All this will do is drive families away from RCL or perhaps that is their idea.

\

I can't imagine that's their plan when their two new ships are floating theme parks. It will be interesting to see what happens.

3 minutes ago, Ret MP said:

For how much longer?  LOL

That's true! 🤪 I did hear that they are changing their policy on the Mardi Gras regarding ChiBang and the Italian place. People will get to eat their one time during their cruise free but there will be a charge for any additional dinners.

5 minutes ago, depplep said:

I can't imagine that's their plan when their two new ships are floating theme parks. It will be interesting to see what happens.

I never thought of a cruise ship in those terms but as I contemplate your post, "floating theme parks" seems to be a valid expression.

Edited by Engineroom Snipe
typo
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Falling_down said:

That's true! 🤪 I did hear that they are changing their policy on the Mardi Gras regarding ChiBang and the Italian place. People will get to eat their one time during their cruise free but there will be a charge for any additional dinners.

I watched a Youtube about the Mardi Gras and the other new one(s) have a little strip mall type location, the Ledo, I guess, with all the little "grab and go" snack places.   I did notice that at least one, the seafood one, did have an upcharge to it.  My response:  Slippery Slope!  

Edited by Ret MP
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Ret MP said:

I watched a Youtube about the Mardi Gras and the other new one(s) have a little strip mall type location with all the little "grab and go" snack places.   I did notice that at least one, the seafood one, did have an upcharge to it.  My response:  Slippery Slope!  

Can you say, "Avalanche?"

😮

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I grew up in New Jersey.  Therefore I’m kinda icky about pizza.  It’s been a couple of years, but as I recall Sorentos was pretty decent.  I guess I’ll see on Friday!  

Our trip on NCL north to Anchorage is going to be tough for RCCL on the return trip.  

This sounds like one more nail in the coffin.  

• Like 1

8 hours ago, HicksRA said:

And the best chance at picking a screaming case of Covid from all the snot wiping tong grabbers. I’m sure that’s where I got Covid on Allure three weeks ago. 

Edit: sorry Off-topic

Edited by c-leg5

14 minutes ago, c-leg5 said:

On the President’s Cruise?

was anything said on that cruise about the present construction at Costa Maya or their plans for an enhanced experience? Will it be within the port, and and therefore shared with other cruiselines,or are they planning a private area exclusive for Royal? 

I didn’t hear anything about adding to the port.