do they want us to use paper menu or the phone?

mcatmcat

Coming from Royal where they prefer that we use the digital menu, I caught my celebrity waiter off guard when I told her that I was ready and I had the menu on the phone. Took another X cruise and it was the same, I also noticed that most people get paper menus which in my opinion can make the experience take longer. 

I was wondering what is the norm, paper or digital menu.

Thanks 

Paper menus will be given to you at your table.   I sometimes use the digital format in traveling on M or S in a suite to check other items to mix an match.   I also usually look at the desert menu in advance to determine if I should leave room for desert.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, jbcallender said:

Just got off Millenium.  I didn't see anyting about a digital menu and we had Room Service door hangers for the week in our suite.  Had coffee and muffins three mornings,  Just called romm service and host delivered.

The digital menu is on the app and you can order room service on the TV.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, mahasamatman said:

The electronic menu is often wrong, so it should be taken with a grain of salt. I have ordered from what I saw in the app and been told it's not available on multiple occasions.

I've found it very accurate, can you share anything specific that couldn't be ordered?

4 hours ago, jbcallender said:

Just got off Millenium.  I didn't see anyting about a digital menu and we had Room Service door hangers for the week in our suite.  Had coffee and muffins three mornings,  Just called romm service and host delivered.

There's a QR code on the table of restaurants

2 minutes ago, NutsAboutGolf said:

I've found it very accurate, can you share anything specific that couldn't be ordered?

We had this on Eclipse in January this year, didn't even have dinner menus for the first few days and then they started to appear but did not exactly match the paper menu so if you relied on the app you could find yourself ordering something that wasn't actually being served that day...

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Mark_T said:

We had this on Eclipse in January this year, didn't even have dinner menus for the first few days and then they started to appear but did not exactly match the paper menu so if you relied on the app you could find yourself ordering something that wasn't actually being served that day...

Interesting, thanks for sharing the datapoint.  Sounds like someone dropped the ball

1 minute ago, NutsAboutGolf said:

Interesting, thanks for sharing the datapoint.  Sounds like someone dropped the ball

It was still a great cruise, but the app was of limited value until they got caught up about half-way through....

2 hours ago, Ex-Airbalancer said:

Also the app doesn’t have the vegetarian menu , noticed it doesn’t have the kids menu anymore 

I found it easier to use the paper menu, as it lists allergies at the bottom. Never seen those on the digital menu.

I am always given a paper menu, when I pre order for the next day.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Ex-Airbalancer said:

Also the app doesn’t have the vegetarian menu , noticed it doesn’t have the kids menu anymore 

Some will say this will vary from ship to ship but it actually comes down to the app menu updating person/team.  I am seeing the kids section in the dinner on a few sailings I just checked