Compensation for lost laundry?

Nodakboiler

What course of action have they taken?  I had some late once by 3 or 4 days.  I texted by app, I called the front desk but the results came when I told my cabin steward - he found them by end of day. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Mary229 said:

What course of action have they taken?  I had some late once by 3 or 4 days.  I texted by app, I called the front desk but the results came when I told my cabin steward - he found them by end of day. 

Agree, it’s been over a decade but I had a missing outfit.  It was my cabin steward that went and found it.  

I haven’t had anything go missing since then.

• Like 2

Last winter, we had one item lost out of a full bag. Guest Services contacted the laundry supervisor who immediately searched far and wide and was extremely cooperative. Our cabin steward also got involved in the search. After bringing us a couple of items that were similar but not ours, they gave up and turned the case over to Guest Services. In due course, we did get some compensation, only a few dollars since the item was just a tee shirt, albeit a nice one. Should have said it was studded with diamonds rather than just a few sequins!   🤩

Overall, the incident was handled extremely well. For years, we have been extremely pleased with the HAL laundry service.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Nodakboiler said:

One caveat is that the NS ran out of the triplicate laundry sheets and were just using a single page. Unfortunately they didn’t take a picture of it but know it was between 12-18 items.

That makes it hard to get compensation. Did they use a laundry mark?  I feel like this will be found.  

I once had a pair of expensive PUMA shorts missing. When I contacted Guest Services, they forwarded the details to Seattle and I was reimbursed my cost - I had purchased them 1 year earlier. I did watch for them perhaps being worn around the ship as this did happen to a friend I once cruised with. 

During an ill fated cruise, my DH wound up in COVID quarantine in another cabin.  I had to move to a different cabin while they treated ours.  In the midst of this upheaval some clean laundry was returned.  I put it in the closet without even looking at it.  A couple of days later, no less than 6 cabin stewards showed up with some freshly laundered items I knew to be my husbands while on the hunt for some items that another cabin was missing.  I don't know how they figured it out but they were quite committed to solving they mystery.  Hang in.  Hopefully your friends' cabin stewards will be as helpful.  They are quite amazing in dealing with so many situations.

• Like 2

I had a brand new pair of expensive Jos A Banks pants lost one time. After a sincere full search they were not found. I was compensated in full. 
I/we have been very pleased with Hal’s laundry service.

Keep a copy of your submitted laundry sheet.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, aliaschief said:

I had a brand new pair of expensive Jos A Banks pants lost one time. After a sincere full search they were not found. I was compensated in full. 
I/we have been very pleased with Hal’s laundry service.

Keep a copy of your submitted laundry sheet.

They did not.  I am hoping they used a laundry mark 

We had someone else's laundry delivered to our cabin this year. I called GS and told them, and then called the cabin to let them know we had their laundry. They were very appreciative.

I had a beautiful blouse delivered on our Hawaii/Tahiti cruise this year that wasn't ours, although the blouse had our laundry tag. I took it down to front desk on our way to dinner and someone already reported the blouse missing. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, USN59-79 said:

I am guessing that what @Seasick Sailordiscussed is what happened.  It has happened to us.  Unfortunately, there is a certain type of person who will not do the right thing.  

Ray

But then if there is not laundry mark the item may never get back to the rightful owner regardless of best efforts.  I mark everything as I pack.  

3 hours ago, Mary229 said:

But then if there is not laundry mark the item may never get back to the rightful owner regardless of best efforts.  I mark everything as I pack.  

HAL glues on little cloth stickers with a laundry mark on it to your clothes.  They are especially irritating on the neck of your T-shirt, so I pull them off as soon as I can.  But I do take a picture of the laundry form each time.

Ray

• Like 1

Once had basket of laundry returned, but it was not ours.  The cabin steward hadn't delivered it and was in shock. I guess he thought he would be blamed.  Within 10 minutes had a visit from the Assistant Housekeeper: "so very sorry, I will find the right basket, pronto". He came back in 15 minutes with our basket, all items accounted for, profuse apologies, a small bag of the dark pillow chocolates we like and a speical HAL bag. Not sure why they went into overdrive, but it was a huge deal to them.

• Like 2

If they don’t find your clothing, they will pay for the cost of the clothes. They ruined a polo shirt of mine and reimbursed me. The red shirt came back with wide streaks of black on it. They tried to get it out, but couldn’t. I assume it was washed with a black item that ran in the wash. Don’t know why only that item was damaged.

14 hours ago, Mary229 said:

How do you do this?  I never thought to mark my own clothes.  I know they put those tags in the clothes.  

Before sending our bag of laundry out, I tally everything up (6 pr socks, 6 underwear, etc) especially if there is not a duplicate sheet of the laundry form.

On a Carnival cruise, we did get someone else's laundry once, I quickly notified our cabin steward & hopefully he got it to the correct person.

1 minute ago, Banditswife said:

How do you do this?  I never thought to mark my own clothes.  I know they put those tags in the clothes.  

Before sending our bag of laundry out, I tally everything up (6 pr socks, 6 underwear, etc) especially if there is not a duplicate sheet of the laundry form.

On a Carnival cruise, we did get someone else's laundry once, I quickly notified our cabin steward & hopefully he got it to the correct person.

I use a black or white laundry pen.   It doesn’t get packed unless it has our mark - we use DH’s initials.  If it ever goes missing we can always show them what to look for 

• Like 1