Coco Cay

We haven't been to Coco Cay serve they refurbished it. 

Would like to know where is the best, free, place to park ourselves for the day? There will be 6 adults. Any tips for anything that would make our time there fun would be appreciated! What time should we get off the ship, best food area, etc 😊

I wanted to try the funnel cake and freshly made chicken sandwiches. So for me I headed there.

Find the shuttle and worse comes to worse ride around and look. Oasis beach or some name seems like where I was.

There is also a buffet I never saw so hard to compare. Soft serve ice cream is here. The funnel cake was as good as I've read though. 

• Like 1

Don't think there is such a thing as a bad place on CocoCay.  We do get off early to snag a front row spot next to the water...They tend to fill up fast and you may have to sit a few rows back if you're late.  We like Chill Island...Some nice snorkeling on the other side of the rocks.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, CruisingLover said:

best food area

2 main included options...

Snack Shacks - chicken sandwiches, mozzarella sticks, funnel cakes

Chill Grill/Skipper's Grill - identical buffets with a taco bar (freshly made tortillas), hot sandwiches, burgers, hot dogs, salads, fruit, cookies, brownies, soft serve

I'm a big fan of both the snack shack food and the taco bar. Wife's favorite dessert hack is to fill a plastic drinking cup with vanilla soft serve and then crumble the chocolate chip cookies into it. Some add a brownie at the bottom.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, cruisegirl1976 said:

We head right for the pool.. tons of seating.. and centrally located, everything not far away.

11 minutes ago, Tromler said:

and the funnel cake place is right behind it!

Sounds close to our go to spot. 🤫

• Like 1

1 minute ago, stquentin said:

Does anybody realize that having a private island ensures every dollar spent goes directly into Royal Caribbean's coffers instead of providing income to locals near ports.

Nope. I believe you're the first person in history to have that epiphany. 🙄

Seriously though, the employees at Coco Cay are Bahamians--i.e. locals. As are the proprietors of the straw market shops. I'm sure Royal charges them rent, I'm not suggesting it is done as a charitable endeavor, but it's categorically false to suggest that no income from Coco Cay flows back into the Bahamian economy.

Besides which ...  it wasn't the Bahamian government that dropped a billion dollars in developing the island. Return on investment for a private corporation is hardly heresy. 😉 

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, stquentin said:

Does anybody realize that having a private island ensures every dollar spent goes directly into Royal Caribbean's coffers instead of providing income to locals near ports.

Bahamas definitely profits from every passenger that steps foot on (more accurately, is on a ship docked at) Coco Cay via taxes. 

Edited by smokeybandit
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, stquentin said:

and their shareholders,so thanks

3 hours ago, Tromler said:

and the funnel cake place is right behind it!

Is the funnel cake place included or should we bring cash?and you’re saying it’s right behind the pool? Haven’t been on CocoCay in years. Cannot wait!

Cruise lines have been facing increasing port fees so first attempt was the creation of Costa Maya. This port was created by a joint project supported by major cruise lines with a town 2 miles down a dirt road. Also the Alaskan cruises face taxation from Alaskan cities on gambling profits within their waters.

Just now, tamtot said:

Is the funnel cake place included or should we bring cash?and you’re saying it’s right behind the pool? Haven’t been on CocoCay in years. Cannot wait!

Included. Google for maps and find one that shows the "Snack Shacks." There are three of them (one is in the water park though).

Also, once on the island, there will be plenty of staff to direct you.

9 hours ago, CruisingLover said:

We haven't been to Coco Cay serve they refurbished it. 

Would like to know where is the best, free, place to park ourselves for the day? There will be 6 adults. Any tips for anything that would make our time there fun would be appreciated! What time should we get off the ship, best food area, etc 😊

We always park on Chill beach near the buffet. And bar,,, of course. It is a short walk from the beach to the pool and back. Lots of loungers and umbrellas. We have been there 4 or 5 times since the restart. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, tamtot said:

2 hours ago, OCSC Mike said:

Included. Google for maps and find one that shows the "Snack Shacks." There are three of them (one is in the water park though).

Also, once on the island, there will be plenty of staff to direct you.

In addition to the funnel cakes, the snack shack has a delicious (Included)  chicken sandwich, hamburger, hot dog and Greek salad. 

Enjoy.

M

• Like 1

The pool is the party zone. Really cool swim up bar and music. The beach is much more chill and quiet. We sat near the dive shack and there is a walk up bar right there. Agree to get off as soon as you can to get the best seats and the snack shack is great - standard burgers and fries, hot dogs, bbq, tacos so good. They also have lots of juice and water stands to hydrate. 

• Like 1