Elite Happy Hour - guests?

eengel34145

1 minute ago, eengel34145 said:

My husband and I are both Elite. We do not often attend the Elite/Platinum happy hour. My sister and spouse are joining us on our next Princess Cruise. They will be in a Penthouse Suite. Will they be able to attend the Happy Hour with us? 

Yes, It is for…..

Platinum,Elite and Suite guests.

40 minutes ago, Oxo said:

What is the Elite HH now since Princess has the Plus and Prenium?

It is a reception each evening for Platinum, Elite, and Suite passengers. It has some snacks and some drink specials. The drink specials don't make a difference to those with Plus or Premier, but the snacks are sometimes good.

• Thanks 2

9 minutes ago, sunsetme said:

they never checked last cruise

How do you know they never checked? With medallions, they would know who is in the room at any time and whether or not they are platinum, elite, or suite. After all, what's the point of the medallion if Big Brother isn't going to be watching us all the time.😉

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

33 minutes ago, NavyVeteran said:

It is a reception each evening for Platinum, Elite, and Suite passengers. It has some snacks and some drink specials. The drink specials don't make a difference to those with Plus or Premier, but the snacks are sometimes good.

Just off a ship.  Sorry the platinum, elite and suite happy hour had no “specials”. At least no discounted pricing if you don’t have the drink package.  We loved going to the vines and getting either tapas or sushi with our wine.  It did not spoil our dinner.  The pes has more food to offer buffet style and so we eat more.  But the vines has lost its loving feeling.

The "special" drinks at one time were $6.50 and on  a set drink menu of about 6 drinks.  I can only remember 2 - Chairman of the Board and an El Mjor.  DH enjoys going on the nights they have shrimp, salmon or tartare.  Always had a variety of cheeses/crackers, fruits, veggies and dip, soft pretzels. and other things I didn't eat.  

There's a sign at the door saying this was the PES party so you would think  people would know if they were to come in or not.  If you consider yourself entitled, then you walk on in.  

2 hours ago, Oxo said:

Doesn't sound like it is of any value except a place to sit. So, why check to see if you are authorized to be in there? What are they giving you?

Another perk gone away. 

The perk hasn't gone anywhere. The drink specials are still there, $1 off the PES drinks, as has been for years. Or full bar menu for any who want, as been for years...

Same perk as has been there for years upon years. 

Of course, if you have a beverage package that covers your drinks, or cruise package that includes a drink package, more power to you - your choice 

Doesn't change the perk... 

• Like 4

On the 28 day Round Australia cruise on the Coral Princess last April it was held in the Explorer's Lounge (there is no Skywalkers on the Coral) and was full almost every evening.  The appetizer offerings were varied, there was live music a few times, and every day there were officers circulating among the guests.  The only drawback was that that the bar was understaffed for the number of attendees. 

1 hour ago, coo359a2 said:

The "special" drinks at one time were $6.50 and on  a set drink menu of about 6 drinks.  I can only remember 2 - Chairman of the Board and an El Mjor.  DH enjoys going on the nights they have shrimp, salmon or tartare.  Always had a variety of cheeses/crackers, fruits, veggies and dip, soft pretzels. and other things I didn't eat.  

There's a sign at the door saying this was the PES party so you would think  people would know if they were to come in or not.  If you consider yourself entitled, then you walk on in.  

The Chairman of the Board disappeared from the PES offerings years ago. The entire lineup of discounted drinks was changed. This snip is old - 2019 - but was still accurate last year.

image.png.1b7f11f7273f0f869219b80ca7becd23.png

29 minutes ago, memoak said:

There is really nothing to se here  A fee apps and that is  about it. Cocktails I don’t care about when I have the plus package and even if I didn’t wouldn’t care

We attended on one of our last cruises as we have friends who are Elite but didn't book any package and we met up with them there. It was a nice time in the venue with friends and snacks. We used to eat late but anymore we book pretty early dining so we can make the early show in the theater and still be able to catch the later activities such as Trivia, Yes/No,The Liar's Club, True or Moo, etc. (I have not only won True or Moo but been congratulated on having the "best Moo ever". I give it my all... 🤪) Given that, the nosh is way too close to dinner time if we are planning to eat in MDR that evening.

We "may not" have a package on the first 31 days of our upcoming cruises (still vacillating on that) and, if we don't I may well visit the P/E/S nosh for a discounted drink or two. One never knows...

Edited by Thrak

4 hours ago, Oxo said:

Doesn't sound like it is of any value except a place to sit. So, why check to see if you are authorized to be in there? What are they giving you?

Another perk gone away. 

On a full sailing it is a bar space with live entertainment where it’s not a challenge to find a seat. I see that as a real benefit.

Currently on the Caribbean Princess headed back from Greenland. With cold weather indoor spaces can be very crowded. This ship normally hosts it in Skywalkers where there are very nice views, especially during sail away, but it is in Club Fusion for this sailing due to the high number of Platinum and Elite members 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Thrak said:

The Chairman of the Board disappeared from the PES offerings years ago. The entire lineup of discounted drinks was changed. This snip is old - 2019 - but was still accurate last year.

image.png.1b7f11f7273f0f869219b80ca7becd23.png

For us,  this was the second drink menu offered and never ordered anything off it. Nothing looked that good.    I haven't even seen or asked for a menu after the pause was over..  

8 hours ago, reedprincess said:

The perk hasn't gone anywhere. The drink specials are still there, $1 off the PES drinks, as has been for years. Or full bar menu for any who want, as been for years...

Same perk as has been there for years upon years. 

Of course, if you have a beverage package that covers your drinks, or cruise package that includes a drink package, more power to you - your choice 

Doesn't change the perk... 

Thanks for your info and opinion. I never considered this as a perk! $1 off a drink is somewhat cheap for a perk. Other lines did much more and gave free drinks for a couple of hours plus food each evening. 

We don't cruise for the perks, but if they are supposed to be perks, show some value. 

JMHO!

• Like 1

I’m on the Emerald now and have gone to the lounge most nights. There has been someone at the door every night I presume checking your status as they have their reader thingy. 

The food has been, in my opinion, quite nice. It is in skywalkers so lovely venue. Well attended but easy to socially distance. We are experiencing an uptick in CoVid on board (stewards have busted out the bleach in large quantities). Not surprising on day 10 of a 19 day sailing. 

I took a picture of the drink specials. They have been the same every night. 

IMG_4865.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

16 hours ago, sunsetme said:

they never checked last cruise

15 hours ago, sunsetme said:

last time it was very poorly attended and nobody was looking at your medallion

As you say, no one ever questions the people attending the happy hour even in past years even when it was more crowded. I think they're just happy to sell drinks & couldn't care less who's there.