Being charged $10 for Medallion shipping on Plus package

NoWhiners

Hi all

I just checked in for 2 cruises we are taking in November and December. We have the Plus50 package (I'll upgrade when we board) and we're supposed to get free shipping of the Medallions. I know this has been a continuing problem and that many people are being told to ask for a credit when they board. Has anyone been able to fix this by calling Princess and having the charge reversed?

I don't want to wait in a huge line at GS to get a credit for something I shouldn't have been charged for in the first place. Plus, it's ridiculous that Princess still has this problem, months after it was first identified.

I'm just trying to decide if I want to invest any time in calling Princess to get this resolved or if the answer will be "get a credit after you board".

Anyone have any experience is getting this fixed before you board?

Thanks for any help.

6 hours ago, NoWhiners said:

Hi all

I just checked in for 2 cruises we are taking in November and December. We have the Plus50 package (I'll upgrade when we board) and we're supposed to get free shipping of the Medallions. I know this has been a continuing problem and that many people are being told to ask for a credit when they board. Has anyone been able to fix this by calling Princess and having the charge reversed?

I don't want to wait in a huge line at GS to get a credit for something I shouldn't have been charged for in the first place. Plus, it's ridiculous that Princess still has this problem, months after it was first identified.

I'm just trying to decide if I want to invest any time in calling Princess to get this resolved or if the answer will be "get a credit after you board".

Thanks for any help.

If I were you, I’d wait a little to order your OM. Only because they have been “trying” to update the App OM portion.

Two weeks ago, they did make some changes.  IDK if they changed the $10 error charge for Plus/Premier guests.  They did take out the option for standard guests to pay $10 and have shipped.  Leaving standard guests only an option to pickup at port.  I thought that might have been their fix for not charging Plus guests. I sure hope not, but who knows?

Did you just recently try to order?  
If you do order, give feedback.

Some guests reported $10 credit already posted once OB. Some say never charged on their CC. 

Ridiculous this has been an issue so long.  

I really don’t know if the phone line will have an idea, you can try. Pick the option for Ocean Ready team. 

Edited by PacnGoNow
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Ombud said:

I just ordered my medallion shipped to my home for $10 so Standard cruisers can still opt to get it at home

Why not just pick it up at the port for free?  That seems to be the simple solution to all the angst about Medallion deliveries.  I just did this in Southampton and it was a snap.  Perhaps that's an outlier, but I'm planning on doing it again in Civitavecchia in November.

1 minute ago, DCThunder said:

Why not just pick it up at the port for free?  That seems to be the simple solution to all the angst about Medallion deliveries.  I just did this in Southampton and it was a snap.  Perhaps that's an outlier, but I'm planning on doing it again in Civitavecchia in November.

The problem with picking up at port is the super long, slow moving lines. I was cruising out of Vancouver last month, and it took us almost two hours to get through the line to pick up our medallions. They didn’t separate the lines into groups either. It was just one huge line. Perhaps this was just how it is in Vancouver, so YMMV.  I’d prefer if they would automatically refund the charge for those with status, or particular package on the booking. 

6 minutes ago, DCThunder said:

It wasn't a short line in Vancouver earlier this month to pick up the Medallion.  It would be nice if Elite's got free Shipping also for it and if you want to change after placing the order that can't be done either.  Seems like a ton of IT issues on the Princess side here.

3 minutes ago, dreams_of_travel said:

The problem with picking up at port is the super long, slow moving lines. I was cruising out of Vancouver last month, and it took us almost two hours to get through the line to pick up our medallions. They didn’t separate the lines into groups either. It was just one huge line. Perhaps this was just how it is in Vancouver, so YMMV.  I’d prefer if they would automatically refund the charge for those with status, or particular package on the booking. 

I don't mind standing in line, but that's ridiculous.

Just now, afurman said:

It wasn't a short line in Vancouver earlier this month to pick up the Medallion.  It would be nice if Elite's got free Shipping also for it and if you want to change after placing the order that can't be done either.  Seems like a ton of IT issues on the Princess side here.

OK, that makes sense.  I sailed out of Vancouver last year on HAL and the check-in process was a total mess and that didn't involve medallion pick-ups.  Disembarkation wasn't much better either.  (I though Canadians were so efficient 😉)

I agree having free shipping for Elites would be a nice additional perk.

• Like 1

I had the same issue when I went to order the medallions for shipping through the app. Even though we had Princess Plus it showed a $10 delivery fee at the “submit order” step (along with a a notice of no refunds). I used the chat function on the Princess web site and, after a lengthy and frustrating conversation with a rep, the order was placed for me at no shipping charge. This also put me back into the green lane for the second time.

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, NoWhiners said:

Hi all

Thanks for any help.

Plus50 doesn't include medallion shipping. (Or didn't, and wasn't added when the changes were made) 

That was a perk added when they changed packages, and added shipping charges to anyone who didn't have the new package in Dec 2022, and raised the price of the packages.... Free medallion shipping is for Plus/Premier 60/80.   $40 or $50 do not have free medallion shipping... 

So, pay the $10 (per order, not per medallion) or pick it up at port.. 

Edited by reedprincess

15 minutes ago, reedprincess said:

Plus50 doesn't include medallion shipping.

That was a perk added when they changed packages in Dec 2022 and raised the price. Free medallion shipping is for Plus/Premier 60/80.   $40 or $50 do not have free medallion shipping... 

So, pay the $10 (per order, not per medallion) or pick it up at port.. 

Possibly this is true but I thought ours included the free shipping. I have to admit, there have been so many changes to the names of the packages, I may have lost track 😉 I would have been fine with picking the Medallions up at the port, and I was going to do that for the 2nd cruise, but when I went to checkin, the software lumped both of my cruises in together, so I had to pick one option for both cruises.

I wonder if I can call or chat and get them to change it to just pickup at the port? (We are doing 2 cruises out of Rome, and board the 2nd one the day we disembark the first one).

Now I can stop worrying about checking in and start worrying about whether we will get Medallions for the 2nd cruise 😁 Of course, I got an email that said 'all is well' but Princess seems incapable of doing so many things these days, I have my doubts.

🤞

1 minute ago, NoWhiners said:

Possibly this is true but I thought ours included the free shipping. I have to admit, there have been so many changes to the names of the packages, I may have lost track 😉 I would have been fine with picking the Medallions up at the port, and I was going to do that for the 2nd cruise, but when I went to checkin, the software lumped both of my cruises in together, so I had to pick one option for both cruises.

I wonder if I can call or chat and get them to change it to just pickup at the port? (We are doing 2 cruises out of Rome, and board the 2nd one the day we disembark the first one).

Now I can stop worrying about checking in and start worrying about whether we will get Medallions for the 2nd cruise 😁 Of course, I got an email that said 'all is well' but Princess seems incapable of doing so many things these days, I have my doubts.

🤞

If you are sailing on a b2b same ship you will only have 1 medallion which will work for both cruises 

As we boarded our ship three weeks ago out of LA the couple behind us were given "key cards" instead of their medallions. The shipped medallions went to New Jersey instead of California. Looks like there is no way to program a medallion at the port. I suspect they will be even more disappointed when they see they were charged the $10 shipping fee. Not a good way to start your cruise. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, vivian02 said:

As we boarded our ship three weeks ago out of LA the couple behind us were given "key cards" instead of their medallions. The shipped medallions went to New Jersey instead of California. Looks like there is no way to program a medallion at the port. I suspect they will be even more disappointed when they see they were charged the $10 shipping fee. Not a good way to start your cruise. 

That's funny, we were just taking about using cards, like the good old days! Did they get the cards at the terminal or did they have to do it at GS? I would guess terminal, otherwise they couldn't board.

Princess sure has made a previously easy thing hard, with all their "improvements". Reminds me of Disney...

Edited by NoWhiners
correction

2 hours ago, NoWhiners said:

🤞

Prior to Dec 14, 2022 package changes, which took effect in Feb 2p23, ALL medallion shipping was fee, for anyone, regardless of packages

When they introduced the  "new" ones at $60/80, they added medallion shipping of $10 per order for anyone - unless you had Plus or Premier Cruise Package (at $60/80).

So, Plus50  doesn't have medallion shipping, juice bar, exercise classes, casual dining, room service or Ocean Now activation... Those are all Plus 60 benes... 

7 minutes ago, reedprincess said:

Prior to Dec 14, 2022 package changes, which took effect in Feb 2p23, ALL medallion shipping was fee, for anyone, regardless of packages

When they introduced the  "new" ones at $60/80, they added medallion shipping of $10 per order for anyone - unless you had Plus or Premier Cruise Package (at $60/80).

So, Plus50  doesn't have medallion shipping, juice bar, exercise classes, casual dining, room service or Ocean Now activation... Those are all Plus 60 benes... 

I have PLUS50 - ordered medallions prior to 12/14/22 - no charge at that time ... Will we still get them mailed to us at no charge?

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, afurman said:

That would be Princess spending money with no return. Not going to happen.