OMG The prices to now cruise on Royal Caribbean

2 hours ago, Itchy&Scratchy said:

kind of hard to find this kind of prices nowadays. By today's standards that's not a "fairly good" deal, it's an outstanding deal. Unless, of course, it's an ancient ship during the least popular time.

The "ancient ships" have fewer and more expensive balconies.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Flights aren't actually that bad just inconvenient times.

Nah, it's a hop, skip, and a jump... especially if you're only coming from Florida and flying into Fairbanks. 🤣 Trip of a lifetime for us but the travel days. 🙈

We ended our 18 day land/sea trip with a red eye from Vancouver by way of Chicago. As the plane was descending into Chicago in the early AM we swore we heard meowing. My wife and I swore we were hallucinating from exhaustion until we finally realized the girl behind us had a cat in a carrier. To the cat's credit, it was silent the entire flight until then.

We are sailing on the Wonder October 15th.

I booked this cruise April of 2022. So over a year and half ago. We are in a BW balcony and it was a steal.

Last time I looked at pricing just for the fun of it, it was nearly 3x the cost. Sometimes booking super far in advance is the best way to go.

I hope you find something. 

5 hours ago, vjmatty said:

Well this is concerning, as we are sailing Infinity in February from Athens to Israel and Egypt. Since the ship will be in the Mediterranean for some time by then I would hope the food will be hard to mess up since it will be supplied by European vendors… but I’m sure they can find a way to ruin it anyway. 

Unfortunately, they will find a cheaper quality of food regardless of where in the world they are.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, fredmdcruisers said:

3 weeks, if you do the land tour in between. To me, the land part is the best part of the trip. (Hoping Royal still overs that.)

as Ourusualbeach stated not many have jobs they only have to do every couple of months.

Edited by Illbcruzn4life
  • Like 1

On 9/21/2023 at 6:38 AM, vjmatty said:

Well this is concerning, as we are sailing Infinity in February from Athens to Israel and Egypt. Since the ship will be in the Mediterranean for some time by then I would hope the food will be hard to mess up since it will be supplied by European vendors… but I’m sure they can find a way to ruin it anyway. 

Enjoy some delicious local food in Athens before boarding and when off the ship.

• Like 2

My latest example of sticker shock:

I booked a spacious hump balcony on the Jewel of the Seas in September, 2022, in Next Cruise on the Oasis on September 11.

Today, on RCI's website during a mock booking, it is more than 4x my total booking price.

This is an almost double from YESTERDAY when I did a mock booking price.

It seems like a price fishing expedition as I cannot justify or understand a doubling of price in a 24 hour period.

😬

Edited by Engineroom Snipe
typo

15 minutes ago, Engineroom Snipe said:

My latest example of sticker shock:

I booked a spacious hump balcony on the Jewel of the Seas in September, 2022, in Next Cruise on the Oasis on September 11.

Today, on RCI's website during a mock booking, it is more than 4x my total booking price.

This is an almost double from YESTERDAY when I did a mock booking price.

It seems like a price fishing expedition as I cannot justify or understand a doubling of price in a 24 hour period.

😬

Sorry, correction, for some reason my search today was not in USD.

My apologies, I knew something had to be wrong.

3 minutes ago, Engineroom Snipe said:

Sorry, correction, for some reason my search today was not in USD.

My apologies, I knew something had to be wrong.

It is only double my original booking price, just like yesterday, Still, the price has doubled in less than 12 months, good for me now, not good for me in the future.

We had a booking on Jewel for this year out of Amsterdam to Iceland and Ireland (11 day cruise) which was around £4000 for the 2 of us. We had to cancel it due to a continuing medical issue my wife has.

I've been looking at the price for next year for a virtually identical cruise in a balcony cabin on Jewel. £11000. Who in their right mind would pay that for a balcony cabin? Could they actually be selling any? And the price keeps going up as it was around £7500 a few months ago when I first started looking at it and I thought that was bad lol!

• Like 1

On 9/22/2023 at 9:42 AM, Crazy planning mom said:

Enjoy some delicious local food in Athens before boarding and when off the ship.

This is a very good advice. It reminds us to lower our expectations in relation to food when cruising with Royal Caribbean. We have found very good restaurants in the port of calls to compensate for the rather, disappointing dining experiences on board RC ships. But this is an additional budget. So, one wonders why the cruise prices are increasing so much?

10 minutes ago, smokeybandit said:

When summer 2025 cruises come out, I expect to book a cruise that's one heck of a deal. I also expect that price to double a month later.

I hope you're right and I'm wrong but I fear the opening prices may not be as great of a deal as you are used to and expecting.

We are looking at cruises for week after thanksgiving which we do almost every year, we book suites and celebrity prices are ridiculous high. Looking at grand suites I find it strange that one oasis class is 1500 more than another per person. So now it’s between cheaper oasis class and MSc yacht club.