OMG The prices to now cruise on Royal Caribbean

Hey 

so I was looking up prices to sail on royal for me, my wife and three year old twin girls. 

We have been quite enjoying sailing with Disney cruise Line recently but I thought of trying to add in a royal cruise next year, thinking it could be like half the price, a wee extra trip. I haven’t looked at royals prices for mybe about a year but WOW the prices have rocketed 

I was looking and all months for the wonder next year and even with kids sailing for £99 it’s still really costly. I have looked up all different months and I’m very flexible. I always thought Disney were about double the price of royal. Now there is barley anything in it. In fact I normally get the three night dining package as don’t want to eat in the same restaurant each night and I would need a soda package as Disney normally has that in it. If I take that into it I would say some of there cruises are working out more expensive

even a 2 night cruise from Southampton next year is like £2000 pounds, not that I would do one that short  

I know prices have went up with all companies but WOW I was really shocked with how much by

Is anyone else experiencing this or am I missing something?

The days of getting a good deal on royal seem to have gone 🙁

Edited by Garyjames220
  • Like 10

There are many threads here about the crazy pricing.  We have sailed RCI exclusively for years, because we were happy with the product.  But, we have booked another line recently, and are considering others.

We will continue to sail RCI, when we find deals, and there are deals to be found.  You just have to be flexible. 🙂 But we will also consider other lines too.  

Hope you find a good price on a cruise.  We do love RCI and expect it to stay our line of choice.  We just don’t choose to throw all our $$$ at them. 😂

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

Wonder is currently the newest ship, though yes 2 more coming. I have wonder booked and want to see it as do others. People always want the newest ship. Yes of the cruises in my signature wonder is the highest. Utopia is only a 4 day. 

Have you considered 8/6  day adventure that imo has better, more unusual ports? I'm quite looking forward to the new ports. Not sure the dates you are looking what other ships. Just saying if price is a issue adventure ots has 8 day and 6 day alternating.  

• Like 1

If you are happy with DCL and can afford them, absolutely stay there! I love RC - and even Carnival as well - but nothing comes close in terms of service, food, and just general🤩than Disney. Maybe food is equaled by a line such as Virgin or Celebrity, I have no experience with those, but if price was no object (and if they sailed from Galveston for more than just a few weeks) you'd find me on Disney every cruise.

Unfortunately, they priced me waaayyyyy out of that being a possibility anymore... But at the rate the rest of the cruise lines are going, it looks like that gap is once again closing! I don't really take that as good news for those of us who are not independently wealthy. 😔

• Like 4

41 minutes ago, smokeybandit said:

Even in today's climate, I out of morbid curiosity compare an RC cruise I just booked to Disney. And always the RC price is at least 50% cheaper.

OP is comparing wonder to disney and surprised wonder specifically is expensive.  Lol wonder is expensive. Idk if wonder specifically is 50% less. 

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

OP is comparing wonder to disney and surprised wonder specifically is expensive.  Lol wonder is expensive. Idk if wonder specifically is 50% less. 

It's not just Wonder - I have been looking at Mediterranean cruises for next year (anywhere from July-Oct) and the cost of a 7-day cruise in a balcony is at least $1400-$1600. I know those cruises are more expensive but dang......   I finally booked on another line - 10 day - $1300 (balcony).

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, hollon said:

Im thinking about moving to another cruiseline if these prices keep going up

Actually mine have sropped going up. I posted back to ourusualbeach who sees more than I do if he thought the prices have stabilized. None of my 12 are going up and some are dropping. He didnt answer and either did anyone else comment so idk, but i don't see prices still rising. My 8 days out of Galveston for instance, were up ahead of wonder for a while and dropping bsck now. Those 8 days going to coco cay from texas were really hot. Drive to port and see coco cay, you bet texans said. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, firefly333 said:

Have you considered 8/6  day adventure that imo has better, more unusual ports? I'm quite looking forward to the new ports. Not sure the dates you are looking what other ships. Just saying if price is a issue adventure ots has 8 day and 6 day alternating.  

I think that Port Canaveral pricing is higher in general.  Pricing for Adventure 6/8 day itineraries in 2025 is outrageous compared to similar current Mariner pricing.  At least Mariner is amped with Playmakers!  We are pricing GS so maybe that has something to do with it.  Wonder JS pricing has at least doubled.  Glad we booked it when we did.  We have our cruises booked through Jan 2025 and can't find a single cruise past then that we would consider booking.  Sad.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, hollon said:

Im thinking about moving to another cruiseline if these prices keep going up

I’ve noticed plenty of others have posted they are now looking at other lines also. I know we are. Prices and grats going up is one thing, but when food and service continues to go down that’s another.

17 minutes ago, erby2283 said:

It's not just Wonder - I have been looking at Mediterranean cruises for next year (anywhere from July-Oct) and the cost of a 7-day cruise in a balcony is at least $1400-$1600. I know those cruises are more expensive but dang......   I finally booked on another line - 10 day - $1300 (balcony).

If the $1400.00 is for 2 people for a balcony I think that’s a fairly good deal. If it’s per person then not so much.

• Like 6

We really love RCI and it's the only line we've ever sailed because we love the ships, layout, entertainment, etc. However, we are finding we have to be extremely flexible in order to score anything close to a "deal". For example, I had a cruise booked in April that I canceled because of the price and in September because of the price. I just couldn't stomach what they wanted for a balcony. But low and behold, one day of random browsing I found a Suite GTY on a cruise in Oct and I jumped on it because these days, I got it for the same price many balconies are going for. So my advice, is if you can be flexible at all, you'll have better odds at finding a price point for your preferred category. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, GetToLivin said:

So my advice, is if you can be flexible at all, you'll have better odds at finding a price point for your preferred category.

That definitely helps.

For those of us who aren't flexible (or even if you are), I suggest finding a TA with group rates.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, ReneeFLL said:

If the $1400.00 is for 2 people for a balcony I think that’s a fairly good deal. If it’s per person then not so much.

It's per person.... 🫢   If it were a longer cruise then I'd probably be okay with it but that's just too much for a 7 day for me. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, RoperDK said:

I think that Port Canaveral pricing is higher in general.  Pricing for Adventure 6/8 day itineraries in 2025 is outrageous compared to similar current Mariner pricing.  At least Mariner is amped with Playmakers!  We are pricing GS so maybe that has something to do with it.  Wonder JS pricing has at least doubled.  Glad we booked it when we did.  We have our cruises booked through Jan 2025 and can't find a single cruise past then that we would consider booking.  Sad.

Look at grand suites on harmony we are paying about 2500 per for end of November, next November still under 3k per for grand suites, we used to do mainly celebrity suites but they are 4K plus . We are doing a celebrity suite for a music charter in March but next November will be harmony or a MSc yacht club.

• Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, erby2283 said:

It's per person.... 🫢   If it were a longer cruise then I'd probably be okay with it but that's just too much for a 7 day for me. 

Just curious why say a cruise costs this much . ...and only give 1 pax cost? It's not like you can book 1 person for that. I'm solo so of course assumed if someone gives a price that the total price. 

I for sure would have thought if someone says a cruise is $1400 that's the total price. Renee picked it up and asked, but I wouldnt have. $1400 not too bad total cost for a balcony I bet I wasnt the only one who thought that.  Idk ..confusing.  I know how much total my cruises cost. Total. Doesnt matter now, someone caught it. 

9 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

Just curious why say a cruise costs this much . ...and only give 1 pax cost? It's not like you can book 1 person for that. I'm solo so of course assumed if someone gives a price that the total price. 

I for sure would have thought if someone says a cruise is $1400 that's the total price. Renee picked it up and asked, but I wouldnt have. $1400 not too bad total cost for a balcony I bet I wasnt the only one who thought that.  Idk ..confusing.  I know how much total my cruises cost. Total. Doesnt matter now, someone caught it. 

I guess because I am single and when I cruise, I book with friends so I am only concerned with what it costs me - not total price of the trip.  Didn't know that majority would think this was total price. Sorry - not up to date on the CC rules. I probably should have said P/P.

Edited by erby2283
  • Like 1

Just now, erby2283 said:

I guess because I am single and when I cruise, I book with friends so I am only concerned with what it costs me - not total price of the trip.  Didn't know that majority would think this was total price. Sorry - not up to date on the CC rules.

No problem. It does help if you state per person or pp and it makes it easier to tell if the price is high or not for us. Not really CC rules, just makes it easier to understand.