OMG The prices to now cruise on Royal Caribbean

47 minutes ago, deliver42 said:

All cruise lines have raise their prices.

From what I can see this is true but RC are increasing a lot more than their equivalents. I do not see prices doubling (or more) on MSC.Their increases are more in line with inflation, than what they believe the market will bear. YMMV. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Billy Baltic said:

From what I can see this is true but RC are increasing a lot more than their equivalents. I do not see prices doubling (or more) on MSC.Their increases are more in line with inflation, than what they believe the market will bear. YMMV. 

As most know msc is currently usually the cheapest line. Even carnival rates are way up. With my loyalty discounts and group rates I can book rcl cheaper than carnival. So choosing the very cheapest line I personally dont care what msc charges. Dont want their food. Almost anything but msc. 

People used to say if you dont like the rates go book carnival. Carnival is up so now they say book msc.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

As most know msc is currently usually the cheapest line. Even carnival rates are way up. With my loyalty discounts and group rates I can book rcl cheaper than carnival. So choosing the very cheapest line I personally dont care what msc charges. Dont want their food. Almost anything but msc. 

People used to say if you dont like the rates go book carnival. Carnival is up so now they say book msc.

NCL price increases are also closer to inflation. The prices I’m seeing with RC are far higher than inflation. As I said, YMMV. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Billy Baltic said:

NCL price increases are also closer to inflation. The prices I’m seeing with RC are far higher than inflation. As I said, YMMV. 

I'm paying half the published price on wonder. Group prices. Have you asked a TA for a group price.

Maybe the issue is with last years double pts too many people reached diamond and higher and have more discounts and freebies like drinks. Comparing published rcl prices is a false comparison imo. No one I know is dumb enough to pay published prices. I pushed last year to solo discount which is 25% off. Without double pts I wouldnt be there. That 25% for me is huge. 

For me ncl costs more not less than rcl. My wallet is who decides. Rcl is cheaper for me 9 out of 10.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, bucfan2 said:

Lol....Gas prices, taxes, min wages, groceries, cruises, etc etc....all waiting/hoping for a unicorn.  Vegas won't even give odds on that.

Vegas (all MGM properties) is kind of shut down right now... 😃  I wouldn't expect much from them until they figure out this cyber attack.

11 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

I'm paying half the published price on wonder. Group prices. Have you asked a TA for a group price.

Maybe the issue is with last years double pts too many people reached diamond and higher and have more discounts and freebies like drinks. Comparing published rcl prices is a false comparison imo. No one I know is dumb enough to pay published prices. I pushed last year to solo discount which is 25% off. Without double pts I wouldnt be there. That 25% for me is huge. 

For me ncl costs more not less than rcl. My wallet is who decides. Rcl is cheaper for me 9 out of 10.

We have a booking on Odyssey next year which cost approx 5k for 4. The same booking now is 12k. We would like to book another for next year with our daughter but she’s too young to be in a cabin by herself and I gather group rates are only available on two person rooms. 

I understand other cruise lines may not appeal but the scale of difference in cost is making us consider it, especially when planing to travel with extended family. 

We are diamond so don’t buy the deluxe beverage package but extended family do. For our Odyssey sailing it’s over 700 euro for 1 person (for 7 days). 
On MSC, you can get drinks packages for 2 adults and 2 children for 600 euro total. 

I’ve been loyal to Royal but when asked to explain the difference, I can’t. RC are charging 5 star prices for a 3 star product. 

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, Billy Baltic said:

We have a booking on Odyssey next year which cost approx 5k for 4. The same booking now is 12k. We would like to book another for next year with our daughter but she’s too young to be in a cabin by herself and I gather group rates are only available on two person rooms. 

I understand other cruise lines may not appeal but the scale of difference in cost is making us consider it, especially when planing to travel with extended family. 

We are diamond so don’t buy the deluxe beverage package but extended family do. For our Odyssey sailing it’s over 700 euro for 1 person (for 7 days). 
On MSC, you can get drinks packages for 2 adults and 2 children for 600 euro total. 

I’ve been loyal to Royal but when asked to explain the difference, I can’t. RC are charging 5 star prices for a 3 star product. 

I get it for some with a family it may not be cheaper. For me as a solo royal is cheaper.

The one 14 day special journey cruise in my signature on carnival was during their half price birthday sale last year. The last published rate I saw was about $6500 for me as a solo. It's been sold out since last April, not even listed on their website. I could only pick one to apply the real 50% off to. I sure also wanted jubilee their new ship but couldnt justify the extra money above what I can book rcl for.

My experience isnt yours. I'm cruising solo. You cant just say for everyone other lines are less. Just say for you as a family of 5 it's less. Adding in DP340 for me makes almost every comparison less on rcl. You cant generalize. Yet you try to generalize as if what you say applies to all. I'm suggesting add qualifiers..for a family yes carnival might be cheaper. Their 3/4 rates are often less . No help to me.

I do get for some maybe some other ship is less, but not for me. I am comparing. I'd book ncl prima or ncl jubilee if I could justify the cost. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

Idk I think I saw ourusualbeach beach post that. . Idk how he gets around it though to book me solo. But I've seen that posted.

He would certainly know better than me. I could easily be wrong.

On 9/7/2023 at 9:23 PM, PACrew said:

I dont think its apples to applies but MSC America will be a brand new ship. Is icon worth and extra $6k. I dont think so at this time. 

Since you mention it, I was just checking out the MSC America.  It cracks me up how many different concepts they rip-off from RC ships - boardwalk like area, royal promenade, Two70, bumper cars, to name a few.

34 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

You cant just say for everyone other lines are less. Just say for you as a family

I never said it was applicable to everyone. YMMV. In this case your milage does vary, so you’re lucky. Congratulations. You’ll see on CC many people have the same experience or observation as I do. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, EllieinNJ said:

I just booked the Liberty for next September and the Odyssey for Feb. 2025 and got great balcony group rates through my TA.  Cheaper than MSC or Carnival.

11 minutes ago, Billy Baltic said:

I never said it was applicable to everyone. YMMV. In this case your milage does vary, so you’re lucky. Congratulations. You’ll see on CC many people have the same experience or observation as I do. 

And I saw Mike post .. lots of us say our mileage varies. Post after post. 

But with 5 pax I can see your issue .. sorry. 

Just curious have you actually even asked a TA for a group rate quote or just making assumptions these rates are not better. 

Edited by firefly333

11 hours ago, Billy Baltic said:

We paid $2,600 Canadian all in for 4 passengers in 2 cabins when Odyssey came out.  Boy were we lucky to get that 8-day cruise for that price in comparison to what you are paying for your cruise next year.  We would love to book more cruises with RCCL, but unless our travel agent notices some amazing deals for when we can travel, we will have to look elsewhere to spend our vacation money.

• Like 2

Its a totally different booking experience and process between the US and Europe/UK bokings. 

For example your TAs offer big incentives/discounts, UK ones dont.

US i believe can price match, so if found cheaper can re-price. UK/Europe cannot even if booked direct. 

However saying that taking into acocunt exchange rates i have often found the US prices on par with UK prices or often more when using royals website. (By changing my location). Granted i havent looked at every cruise and date. 🤷

18 hours ago, OCSC Mike said:

He would certainly know better than me.

Group rates are only available for double occupancy staterooms in certain balcony staterooms and below. The only exception was Icon where there was limited availability for group rates for some quad cabins but those could only be held for 30 days and not as part of the regular group inventory

We love Royal and Celebrity.  However prices are getting insane- we enjoy sailing in a suite on both and will not be able to sail on four cruises a year.  Cutting down to three or two- and soon will no longer be able to sail in a suite on either.  

While the passengers might be loyal to Royal- Royal isn't loyal to it's passengers.

• Like 2

Also sticker shock over here. We have 16 cruises exclusively with Royal but are trying NCL next month. We have an MSC booked for next October. It seems a lot of the cruise lines include at least a basic drink package, Wifi, tips, etc. depending on the line. Royal includes nothing. I'm getting prices twice as high on Royal for the places/dates we were looking at. Looking at it as finding a new friend.

• Like 4

Not just cruise lines.  I checked the current cost of a flight to Seattle versus what I booked in early August and the airfare increased 80% for the exact same flight and seat class.

And now the price of diesel fuel is starting to climb back up again...😡

• Like 1