Cost for bag of laundry?

Kamfish642

I apologize, since I'm sure that this question has been asked previously.  However, I have terrible search skills, and we are on a 27-day cruise around Australia on the Coral Princess in March 2024.

What is Princess' current price for a bag of laundry?  Does Princess normally run specials for a bag of laundry?

1 hour ago, Rick&Jeannie said:

What if I only have one pant that needs washing?  They always refer to a "pair" of pants!  😄

They used to be two separate pieces. They were worn with a codpiece. (GAH!!!)

9 minutes ago, Kamfish642 said:

Are the laundry rooms open 24 hours a day?  Any suggestions on the best time to access washer/dryer?

Pro Tip(s) - if you can, take your own washer/dryer sheets - no need to try something new on a cruise that might not agree with you.  Also, get your 'tokens' ahead of time  -  don't need to have load(s) of laundry and then have to track down another vending machine or go to customer service.

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Kamfish642 said:

Are the laundry rooms open 24 hours a day?  Any suggestions on the best time to access washer/dryer?

Some ships open 24 hours some do not.  I am an early riser I would start very early of the day/late night.  You might be better off doing your own laundry than to send it out.    $3 a load to wash and $3 a load to dry.  Just bring along some detergent pods/dryer sheets.  The laundry room also has iron to press the clothes too.

Edited by ChattTenn
  • Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, Kamfish642 said:

Most ones I have been on are locked up over night. Hours seem to be maybe 7am to 8 pm but that is just a general idea

When we first started cruising with Princess, they had a laundry special day on most cruises.

Fill the paper laundry bag and they would wash it for a flat fee, I think around $10.

Amazing how much you get in the bag.

30 minutes ago, gvre said:

When we first started cruising with Princess, they had a laundry special day on most cruises.

Fill the paper laundry bag and they would wash it for a flat fee, I think around $10.

Amazing how much you get in the bag.

Over 40 Princess cruises and never have experienced this. I would not count on it.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Kamfish642 said:

Guest laundry is open 24 hours on a Royal Class ships as of recent.  Best to do laundry early morning or late evenings.  It gets busy during the day on sea days.  Depending on the cycle, the washers finish in around 40 minutes and each dryer cycle is 40 to 45 minutes.  As a courtesy to others, set a timer and come back on time or wait for laundry cycle to finish.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, wcflats said:

We’re going on a cruise…let someone else do the laundry 🧺!

Have used my Elite benefit of complimentary bags of laundry a handful of times and never again.  The detergent used is way too harsh and they nuke your clothes in the dryer.  Sometimes pieces end up missing or you get someone else's clothes back.  I bring my own detergent pods and dryer sheets and have control over how the clothes are washed/dried.  Sometimes I take washed clothes to hang dry in my cabin.  If something goes missing, then it's no one's fault by my own.

Super grateful for the guest laundry on Princess ships.  It has allowed me to bring less clothes and take longer cruises.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, SCX22 said:

Have used my Elite benefit of complimentary bags of laundry a handful of times and never again.  The detergent used is way too harsh and they nuke your clothes in the dryer.  Sometimes pieces end up missing or you get someone else's clothes back.  I bring my own detergent pods and dryer sheets and have control over how the clothes are washed/dried.  Sometimes I take washed clothes to hang dry in my cabin.  If something goes missing, then it's no one's fault by my own.

Super grateful for the guest laundry on Princess ships.  It has allowed me to bring less clothes and take longer cruises.  

Yes, we are elite and my wife will not send out any of her clothes.  I have had scorched shirts, melted buttons, mysterious tears, and a tuxedo shirt returned missing all the buttons on formal night.

I have filed claims with Princess for the scorched Brooks Brothers shirts but not worth all the hassle with their forms and their investigation process. Got credit for them and they confiscated the shirts. Not sure what they did with them.

• Like 1

On 9/6/2023 at 3:12 PM, Kamfish642 said:

I apologize, since I'm sure that this question has been asked previously.  However, I have terrible search skills, and we are on a 27-day cruise around Australia on the Coral Princess in March 2024.

What is Princess' current price for a bag of laundry?  Does Princess normally run specials for a bag of laundry?

Just to give you an idea of what it might cost to send in laundry I am on day 18 of a 19 day sailing. I am elite so my laundry is free but they do show the charges and then credit my account. I send in my laundry almost daily (always take pictures).  On this sailing I’ve sent in laundry 13 days. I gave it to my steward in the early evening and I got it back the next evening. Until the last few days when I think everyone on the ship decided to send in laundry and now it’s taking 2 days. The ship is at 3100 passengers and for the Emerald that is a full ship. 

The charges for one person so far is $207 (I’m sailing solo) the last two batches will come back today & they will probably add another $20. I’ll walk off with only one set of dirty clothes and pjs needing to get washed. Many times I don’t bother having all clean clothes when I disembark but I’m still traveling for several days when we get to NY. 

I do this every cruise. (36 on princess)  I never send anything I would be heartbroken if it got damaged or lost. But I routinely send linen, Cotten, silk & rayon clothing without issue. They lost one bra once and nothing has ever been damaged. 

The laundry rooms have irons and ironing boards as well. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1