Seriously now-how many of you are REALLY looking at other cruise lines because of the CEO's changes going on?

Linda W.

Elite plus.

Already cancelled 3 this year.  One more location based cruise, Jan 24, then it's  bye. Spending FCC issued as an apology for a disastrous cruise on Silhouette in January 23

Already been Azamara, Oceania and Princess this year. All far and away superior to tired old Celebrity.

Celebrity?They've lost the plot.....completely..

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Cruise till you drop said:

I can’t remember myself. Sorry

No problem. The issue is that Princess on some of those specific Aug 2024 Enchantment cruises you referenced messed up and marked all of their Premium and Deluxe Premium cabins as 3-person cabins, which is the reason why people looking for a 2-person cabin on one of those itineraries only can see the guaranteed option.

Unfortunately, the Princess online booking system will not allow cabins to be marked as available if they have been earmarked in another category, like in this weird case, or on another itinerary. Your TA or CVP should be able to resolve this issue for you. Here's a more common scenario regarding this issue. If Princess offers a 21-day cruise that is actually three (advertised) 7-day cruises, as well as included as part of some other 14-21 day combinations, you will only see a specific cabin number available on only one of those itineraries. Last summer we were booked on a 21-day Regal cruise, whose three 7-day legs were spread across 11 different itineraries if you can believe that.

Anyway, that's what I discovered and sorry OP for going off on a tangent on your important thread.

• Like 1

Status, who cares..I sail Celebrity, MSC YC. Royal and NCL with younger family.

My Bride and I are late 50’s.  Big Celebrity fans.  

Honestly, with the attitudes I’ve seen by some here, glad y’all are moving on.  I’m sure the next line will disappoint too. 

Edited by PTC DAWG
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 2

On 9/9/2023 at 11:44 AM, terrydtx said:

Thank you I will not make that mistake again. My last boss before retirement was an Ian.

Not really a big issue.   Iain is the Scottish Gaelic version of Ian and is pronounced the same.    He will respond to either ----

• Like 1

On 9/9/2023 at 11:54 AM, Cruise till you drop said:

Oh I get it.  Capital I (eye), not lower case l (el).

I used to work with a guy named Eoen from England (sounds like Owen)

How do you phonetically pronounce Iain?

There is an Irish version of the Euen -   ahh.. all these British versions of the same name.      I chuckle on cruises as they usually address me as Mr James.    The only one that called me James was my Mother when she was pissed at me. 

• Haha 1

I'm stuck with upcoming Nov cruise (dreading MDR food for 16 nights) which was booked solely to use up $1000 FCC that'd been hanging around for two years.  In 2024, four cruises booked on X = two (Feb/Mar) are set in stone, one in Apr could go either way (only $100 deposit and air is with miles), and a really iffy one in Nov.  If I take the Apr cruise, it will determine if Nov is worth the money and/or effort.  I probably should book something else for Nov (refundable) as a spare.  For 2025, Celebrity is out and I've booked one Regent and have another on hold today.  Meanwhile, continuing to research HAL, Cunard, Azamara, Oceania, Explora Journeys, Seabourn, and Crystal for more 2025 options.  One of my primary considerations is whether a line can handle a gluten-free room service hot breakfast.  X still does that pretty well and it's what made Princess a no-go. 

I did like an earlier poster's suggestion to just let X cruises with $100/$200 deposits lapse rather than cancel....if I decide against Apr and/or Nov cruises, I plan to do exactly that (but will let my TA know).

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, goofysmom99 said:

I'm stuck with upcoming Nov cruise (dreading MDR food for 16 nights) which was booked solely to use up $1000 FCC that'd been hanging around for two years.  In 2024, four cruises booked on X = two (Feb/Mar) are set in stone, one in Apr could go either way (only $100 deposit and air is with miles), and a really iffy one in Nov.  If I take the Apr cruise, it will determine if Nov is worth the money and/or effort.  I probably should book something else for Nov (refundable) as a spare.  For 2025, Celebrity is out and I've booked one Regent and have another on hold today.  Meanwhile, continuing to research HAL, Cunard, Azamara, Oceania, Explora Journeys, Seabourn, and Crystal for more 2025 options.  One of my primary considerations is whether a line can handle a gluten-free room service hot breakfast.  X still does that pretty well and it's what made Princess a no-go. 

I did like an earlier poster's suggestion to just let X cruises with $100/$200 deposits lapse rather than cancel....if I decide against Apr and/or Nov cruises, I plan to do exactly that (but will let my TA know).

What is the difference between letting a cruise lapse and cancelling?

15 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

There is an Irish version of the Euen -   ahh.. all these British versions of the same name.      I chuckle on cruises as they usually address me as Mr James.    The only one that called me James was my Mother when she was pissed at me. 

Hubby worked with a firefighter, originally from Scotland, named Euen. Great guy! They don't let him talk on the radio, though, as no one can understand him well if they can't see his lips moving. 

2 hours ago, terrydtx said:

My TA was telling me last week, as bad as Celebrity has raised prices Royal has raised theirs even worse. We are also booked on the Koingsdam in November from San Diego.

Terry, I noticed that you have a cruise coming up in a few days. Are you planning on doing a live report?  Or maybe just a summary post after the cruise?

• Like 1

On 9/9/2023 at 2:44 PM, QuestionEverything said:

More than cruises - we are now cancelling 1/2 of the cruises we planned in the future.

We are now confirmed for land vacations in Europe, south Asia etc.

Our TA has Concierge services that provides customized driver, vehicle and guides that will take us anywhere we want, anywhere in the World!. 

Used this in Rio and it was outstanding. We decided what local restaurants we wished, they brought us to the restaurant, they talked to management and they waited outside the restaurant - we had communication with our concierge if we needed it. Did not wait for any activities, we got to the 1st of the line for anything we wanted.

Just loved the service.

Folks - YOU have the option to get out of the CRUISE RUT and see the real world.

We are not interested anymore in having yet another meal in X, Y, Z restaurant on a ship. Blah. Done that.

There is a Big world out there and we wish to see the Reality of it.

Up to you all, but realize there is more of the world to see other than via a cruise.

What ever you decide, enjoy.

Time is precious and it is slipping away - Maximize it.

How we would love it, but there is no way we could ever afford going this route. We do try to book small group excursions from private companies. For those whose budget can handle it, your way sounds fantastic. Enjoy!

Susan

2 hours ago, PTC DAWG said:

Status, who cares..I sail Celebrity, MSC YC. Royal and NCL with younger family.

My Bride and I are late 50’s.  Big Celebrity fans.  

Honestly, with the attitudes I’ve seen by some here, glad y’all are moving on.  I’m sure the next line will disappoint too. 

I think you are just too young to remember the "good old days" with Celebrity.  Everything changes---- from one generation to the next and next and next.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, carolyn22 said:

Terry, I noticed that you have a cruise coming up in a few days. Are you planning on doing a live report?  Or maybe just a summary post after the cruise?

We leave tomorrow morning from San Antonio to fly to Houston and then Amsterdam to get on the Apex Thursday.  I am not sure if I will do a live report or just a thread about my experience with the new butler team. We are traveling with a group of friends and may not have the time to do a live thread, so I may just do the report on the butler teams and other SS changes. If I do a summary I could do it after we get off the Apex and go to Santorini for 5 days.

Edited by terrydtx
  • Like 5

5 minutes ago, terrydtx said:

We leave tomorrow morning from San Antonio to fly to Houston and then Amsterdam to get on the Apex Thursday.  I am not sure if I will do a live report or just a thread about my experience with the new butler team. We are traveling with a group of friends and may not have the time to do a live thread, so I may just do the report on the butler teams and other SS changes. If I do a summary I could do it after we get off the Apex and go to Santorini for 5 days.

Bon Voyage Terry! Safe travels.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, terrydtx said:

Have a wonderful time. That looks like a great itinerary. 

• Like 1

We used to pretty much sail Celebrity exclusively but stopped sailing them 5 years ago when the prices started creeping up.  We are Elite level but will never get to Elite+.  We've been on many cruises since then but only 2 on Celebrity and only because I found them at a really great price with a lot of OBC. 

I have one booked for April and keep looking but won't book unless I find another great deal.. Till then, we will keep sailing, just not Celebrity.

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, caymancouple said:

we are also in SAT.  What area do you live in?  We are in Roseheart subdivision.  1.5  miles north of 1604 off Bulverde.  

We live in Grandview subdivision off of Kyle Seale North of 1604. We have a view of 6 Flags and UTSA.

The good old days become older with each passing day, do they not? So, if you have cruised with Celebrity for any length of time you have certainly experienced some changes, and not all for the better. Even so, changes are never the result of one particular entity. They come about over time because of varying circumstances, including the behavior and attitude of the passengers. Think about it, you could be responsible for Celebrity's shortcomings. We are not innocent in this blame game and no matter your cruising status some folks somewhere have a hand or two in the current events.

This is the easy way. Band together - as it has always been - and ridicule Celebrity. There are many on these forums who are manipulated by a few. It's much easier to be in good stead, although wrong, than to be in disagreement and unpopular. Seriously, I'm not looking at other cruise lines because of any CEO's changes.

Let's hope we get the proper pronunciation and spelling of people's names on these threads. Celebrity is probably cringing with the thought that someone somewhere will blame them. Seriously, that would really ruin lobster night.

Edited by Spif Barwunkel
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, Spif Barwunkel said:

The good old days become older with each passing day, do they not? So, if you have cruised with Celebrity for any length of time you have certainly experienced some changes, and not all for the better. Even so, changes are never the result of one particular entity. They come about over time because of varying circumstances, including the behavior and attitude of the passengers. Think about it, you could be responsible for Celebrity's shortcomings. We are not innocent in this blame game and no matter your cruising status some folks somewhere have a hand or two in the current events.

This is the easy way. Band together - as it has always been - and ridicule Celebrity. There are many on these forums who are manipulated by a few. It's much easier to be in good stead, although wrong, than to be in disagreement and unpopular. Seriously, I'm not looking at other cruise lines because of any CEO's changes.

Let's hope we get the proper pronunciation and spelling of people's names on these threads. Celebrity is probably cringing with the thought that someone somewhere will blame them. Seriously, that would really ruin lobster night.

Huh?

• Like 1