Paper Boarding Pass

JTBCruiser

14 minutes ago, JTBCruiser said:

Checked in for our Nov cruise.  Can you still print your boarding pass?  How many days before embarkation do you request your boarding time, I simply forgot.  Thx

Part of the check in 45 days prior to your sailing is picking your arrival time. You can print your set sail pass from the website.

For my upcoming Vision cruise, I noted this info for non app folks:

Checking in at the counter

Get in line: Wait for an available agent
Parties without mobile boarding passes arriving at busy times can expect an extended wait.

Be prepared: Each guest must complete the process

Show your travel documents

Take your security photo

Add a payment card for onboard expenses

Answer health questions

Get onboard: Almost there
Show your paper boarding passes and start vacationing.

I of course prefer the app.  Using a screenshot works perfectly fine.

45 days out to pick your boarding time.

10 minutes ago, reallyitsmema said:

Part of the check in 45 days prior to your sailing is picking your arrival time. You can print your set sail pass from the website.

I checked in but it didn't give me the option of picking a boarding time.  We are 43 days out.

4 minutes ago, JTBCruiser said:

I checked in but it didn't give me the option of picking a boarding time.  We are 43 days out.

Adding your travel information is the first step, next is the arrival time and last is the health questions but those questions aren't available to just before your cruise.  The app has been funky the last couple of days and there is another thread that someone couldn't pick an arrival time.  Maybe there is a glitch.  I would try logging out of the app and back in again as that seems to fix problems.  If you are using the website, I would clear cookies and/or try a different browser.

34 minutes ago, JTBCruiser said:

On the app, the arrival time selection is separate from the check in.  You have to click on it.

1 hour ago, jean87510 said:

For my upcoming Vision cruise, I noted this info for non app folks:

Checking in at the counter

Get in line: Wait for an available agent
Parties without mobile boarding passes arriving at busy times can expect an extended wait.

Be prepared: Each guest must complete the process

Show your travel documents

Take your security photo

Add a payment card for onboard expenses

Answer health questions

Get onboard: Almost there
Show your paper boarding passes and start vacationing.

I of course prefer the app.  Using a screenshot works perfectly fine.

45 days out to pick your boarding time.

Worst place to ne at check in is behind someone who has their boarding pass on their phone and has to scroll through pages of photos to find it - just print the boarding pass directly from the app - 10X quicker

1 hour ago, JTBCruiser said:

System currently is not linking to the Arrival Times page - neither the app nor the website do anything when you click on that link

59 minutes ago, BND said:

On the app, the arrival time selection is separate from the check in.  You have to click on it.

When it works, it is a lot quicker to do it on the pp. Unfortunately, today it is not working at all.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, JTBCruiser said:

Checked in for our Nov cruise.  Can you still print your boarding pass?  How many days before embarkation do you request your boarding time, I simply forgot.  Thx

If you have already checked in, you are past the time you should have picked an arrival time. 

We always carry paper copies and don't fuss with a phone. I don't need anyone, who handles lots of other people's germy documents, touching my phone. We paper passes for boarding and drinking until we get the sea pass at our room. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, orville99 said:

Worst place to ne at check in is behind someone who has their boarding pass on their phone and has to scroll through pages of photos to find it - just print the boarding pass directly from the app - 10X quicker

System currently is not linking to the Arrival Times page - neither the app nor the website do anything when you click on that link

When it works, it is a lot quicker to do it on the pp. Unfortunately, today it is not working at all.

If you are behind me, you won't wait at all.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, jean87510 said:

Apparently we have never been behind you, because everyone else have been behind that is trying to pull up their boarding passes seem to have forgotten that they are actually getting on a cruise and those might be needed.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

41 minutes ago, jean87510 said:

Same here.  Our set sail passes are in our wallet on our iPhone. 

We avoid getting in line behind someone with their big folder of everything cruising who then inevitably starts handing out paper set sail passes to everyone they are sailing with.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I'm on team paper for this. I'll take the paper set sail pass, fold it in half (with the pass itself visible) and  place as a bookmark inside my passport to the photo page. Then, during check-in, the agent has my passport on the right page and set sail pass right there. Things go super quick.

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, reallyitsmema said:

Same here.  Our set sail passes are in our wallet on our iPhone. 

We avoid getting in line behind someone with their big folder of everything cruising who then inevitably starts handing out paper set sail passes to everyone they are sailing with.

yep.  I have it ready to go when coming from the airport.  Not difficult.  

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, orville99 said:

Apparently we have never been behind you, because everyone else have been behind that is trying to pull up their boarding passes seem to have forgotten that they are actually getting on a cruise and those might be needed.

You probably don't see me because by the time you are pulling your papers out, I've already had my bar code scanned on my phone.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

22 minutes ago, jean87510 said:

You probably don't see me because by the time you are pulling your papers out, I've already had my bar code scanned on my phone.

Why would pulling a piece of paper out take longer than pulling a phone out?

• Like 4

If you go the the RC website and log in, there will be a link in the section showing your upcoming reservation that says "View boarding pass." If you click that, it will take you to a page showing the people on the reservation.

Under each person is a link that says "View SetSail Pass." If you click that link, it will bring up a page showing the SetSail boarding pass for that person (it will first show an annoying pop-up telling you to download the app - just click the X to close it).

In the banner above the boarding pass is an underlined link that says "print this page." click on that and the print dialog for your printer should pop up. Repeat for everyone on the reservation whose boarding pass you want to print.

If you don't see any links to view your boarding pass then that means you haven't fully completed your check in.

4 minutes ago, OCSC Mike said:

Why would pulling a piece of paper out take longer than pulling a phone out?

I can only answer for myself.  I personally find it quicker.  I see people with folders digging through papers in line.  I pull out my phone which is ready to go.  I just used paper on Carnival Elation last month and found it aggravating especially when being spoiled with the app.  I prefer paying for things with an app.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, jean87510 said:

I can only answer for myself.  I personally find it quicker.  I see people with folders digging through papers in line.  I pull out my phone which is ready to go.  I just used paper on Carnival Elation last month and found it aggravating especially when being spoiled with the app.  I prefer paying for things with an app.

Don’t you need your passport out too?