Horrible Service Have been lied to

dawcruiser

9 hours ago, itsnotjustme said:

Questions:

1) Currently you have completed two cruises.  How long was each to total 345 days?

2) You have cruised all lines.  One was NCL.  What was the other?  Are you aware there are many dozen cruise lines?

3) How far in advanced did you book the Jade, and did you book a Balcony or above?

If you look at their signature, the days are going back to 1988.  Its just a brag.  

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, ziggyuk said:

@dawcruiser When did this happen?

The current offer staring yesterday (3rd October) is double up again, plus 4 months out instead of the normal 6 months.

There is no reason why you cant get the cert added now. Strictly it's for new booking but I never had a problem adding them to existing bookings, in fact, I often book with one then add a second when double-up starts.

You can even do it yourself on the app, the website insists on full payment but the app allows partial payment, just make a payment of $250 and click the certificate as the funding method.

image.png.0e539a331644787eb07060810d7559c2.png

Thanks ziggyuk, I just added a second cruisenext to my oceanview booking. 🙂

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Capitan Obvious said:

So, you're going to go with the "virtue" excuse?

Yeah, "informing" this forum that the on-board NCL CN sales staff might be misleading is like telling us all that there is a good chance that NCL's next promo will be exactly the same as the current promo.  IOW, if somebody here doesn't already know this they are either a) very new or b) very slow.

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

33 minutes ago, ziggyuk said:

There is no reason why you cant get the cert added now

I have to disagree. There certainly is a reason.

The OP declared, in all caps and with all certainty: "I WILL NEVER CRUISE ON NCL AGAIN."

Given that clearly stated fact, for the OP to add a second cert would require them to violate their stated position. And given the OPs stated disdain for lies, we know that just isn't going to happen.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

OP has cruised "all lines" yet has taken only 4 cruises for a total of 345 days? Um-kay, something doesn't smell right. I think he misstated something, which is interesting given that he's accusing NCL of lying (when it might have been a misstatement or misunderstanding). BTW we booked a cruise using 3 CN certificates because NCL was having a (rare?) promo where balconies and above qualified for 3. We sail next month. 🙂

Just spoke to our Haven mixologist, Ezyra!  She says her contract is up this coming December, but may be extended for 30-60 days.

I know some are sailing the Epic after me.  

Ezyra is excellent.  Hope you get to meet her!.

BTW, she said unlike any other bartender on board, she gets to mix and pour whatever she wants with no pour rules to follow.

A co-worker went on a NCL cruise a couple of years ago (around her 3rd NCL cruise). After a few drinks she went up to Cruise Next desk to enquire about the Cruise Nexts and the next thing she did was purchase 8 CNs for the "low price" (her words) of $1000. As it turned out she didn't listen to the whole sales pitch or read .... I had to break the bad news to her that she could use only one, sometimes two, per cabin when she books future cruises. She went a big 🤦‍♀️. I added that she has 4 years to use them and also she can transfer some to her relatives or friends if they had NCL accounts.

She went on another NCL cruise the following year and used 2 CNs, and she donated some CNs to family as gifts so they booked the same cruise to go with her. They had a jolly great time together on the Encore.

😁

2 hours ago, RedwingHockeyFan said:

Not holding my breath to have OP come back and reply but I will assume they meant 40 and not 4.

If we expand the OPs signature it shows 40 cruises.   Poor fella getting reamed over a typo.   

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

7 minutes ago, TPgal said:

If we expand the OPs signature it shows 40 cruises.   Poor fella getting reamed over a typo.   

Imagine swearing off a cruise line FOREVER and failing to proofread on your way out the door. 😁

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

41 minutes ago, TPgal said:

Given the shouted "never again" declaration and the over the top accusations of "horrible service" and "lies", I'm guessing that the "reaming" is more because the OP (while making many errors) is demanding that NCL be 100% perfect.

Well, that and we're 40+ replies in and we still haven't identified a single "lie".

21 hours ago, dawcruiser said:

After my next 2 cruises I will have completed 4 cruises.  Amounting to 345 days on a ship.   I have cruise all lines.

I hope you don't just see me as a complainer, because I am not.  Yes I have been on bad cruises but I have never posted about it.  But, this is totally different.  While on the Breakaway 9/11/22 I listen to a future cruise presentation.  I asked about the restrictions.  I was informed I could the $250 credit and bonus $250 credit on the same cruise.  So this year I tried to book a cruise on the Jade for May 15th.  First I was told I could only use both $250 on a balcony.  I told the person that I was told on the Breakaway that I could .  Then he told me I could if I booked a cruise which was over 6 months in advanced. So I booked the Jade May 15th.  After I booked it they only credited a $250.  I called and spoke to a person in resolutions and explained all that had happened.  He told me I couldn't apply both credits.  I asked for a refund of my original $250.  He told all refunds needed to asked for within 30 days.  

So here is my conclusion.  I WILL NEVER CRUISE ON NCL AGAIN.  I can take almost anything but lyind to me is crossing the line with me.

Since you will NEVER sail NCL again I'll give you $100 for the two certifiocates.  You were not lied to.  Offers change and what as in effect at one point will not be at another.  BYE!

2 hours ago, bluesea777 said:

I had to break the bad news to her that she could use only one, sometimes two, per cabin when she books future cruises. She went a big 🤦‍♀️. I added that she has 4 years to use them and also she can transfer some to her relatives or friends if they had NCL accounts.

Why didn't she just obtain a refund?

46 minutes ago, ChiefMateJRK said:

Why didn't she just obtain a refund?

It was well past after her cruise …. She was okay 👍🏻 with it … she had a bit too much to drink and was a bit flossy but she’s okay … there was a Plan B 😉

A lesson for her to learn. 

P. S. She, her family and friends love the NCL … so they’ll carry on cruising with them. 

10 hours ago, MoCruiseFan said:

Since you will NEVER sail NCL again I'll give you $100 for the two certifiocates.  You were not lied to.  Offers change and what as in effect at one point will not be at another.  BYE!

I never said I wanted to sell them.  Like a friend of mine who got a returned check he framed it and put it on his office wall and when people asked about it he told the story.  I just might do the same thing.  I am a retired President and CEO.   s not about the money it is the principal that matters to me. 

• Like 1