Nieuw Statendam - Israel War Breaking Out

CNSJ

32 minutes ago, ger_77 said:

I'm so glad the missing passengers returned to the ship and pray for the people who have to be disembarked due to a medical condition - what a horrible time for a medical emergency!   Please keep us updated as you can; we worry about all of you.

Perhaps the slow to return passengers wound up saving life of person that left in ambulance.  

I doubt we would have pulled back in to take them off had we left a few hours earlier. 

• Like 13

2 minutes ago, CNSJ said:

Perhaps the slow to return passengers wound up saving life of person that left in ambulance.  

I doubt we would have pulled back in to take them off had we left a few hours earlier. 

It might have been a two way street.  The medical emergency gave the two passengers time to get back on board.  I know the patient will get good medical attention, and I hope they and those with them will be headed out of there soon.

• Like 4

39 minutes ago, ger_77 said:

I'm so glad the missing passengers returned to the ship and pray for the people who have to be disembarked due to a medical condition - what a horrible time for a medical emergency!   Please keep us updated as you can; we worry about all of you.

Personally, I would rather take my chances with the ship medical team, then get stuck there.

• Like 7

5 minutes ago, Quartzsite Cruiser said:

It might have been a two way street.  The medical emergency gave the two passengers time to get back on board.  I know the patient will get good medical attention, and I hope they and those with them will be headed out of there soon.

Captain waited more than four hours on two passengers.  Medical issue popped up as we were casting off lines. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

15 minutes ago, CNSJ said:

Captain waited more than four hours on two passengers.  Medical issue popped up as we were casting off lines. 

Under normal circumstances, I doubt the captain would have waited.  So you were right about the passengers possibly saving the passenger's life or at the least, preventing them from getting timely, needed care.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Alberta Quilter said:

I've been communicating with someone onboard and was advised that all passengers made it back on board so I'm sure your parents are safe.  Maybe that will give you some comfort.  Hopefully they'll be in contact with you soon to let you know directly. 

Thank you so much

On 10/7/2023 at 4:57 AM, CNSJ said:

Tour departed early this AM.  We were on tour of Galilee region at Jordan River when we were all recalled to the ship.  

Were you told on the tour why you were being recalled to the ship  ?

(just curious) 

42 minutes ago, joeyancho said:

I am not in charge of anything but I think it will be quite a while before any ships dock in Isreal.  It would be grossly irresponsible to take tourists to a war zone.  What insurance company would cover that?  

I agree and no HAL ships will not be calling at Israeli ports while that country is at war. The HAL situation/control room and the duty officer(s) in Seattle have been/are no doubt working overtime on this since yesterday morning! 

As far as being on non-ship sponsored private tours, please ensure the front desk has your individual cell/mobile phone number and that you, as the person taking that tour, have working cell phone service while abroad. In addition, if you're taking that private tour, please ensure that the front desk has the phone number of a contact person for that tour company. When circumstances like what sadly has been happening in Israel since yesterday occur, one of the captain's priorities will be to get his guests, as well as crew on shore leave, back onboard ASAP and then to leave port.

Doing that with ship organized shore excursions is fairly easy because the ship's shorex manager, with the assistance of the tour company representative who is always on or near the ship, is able to get a hold of the bus driver(s) and/or tour guide(s) on the buses. For those of us who have been to Israel on HAL ships. you know tours travel extensively from the port to places like Jerusalem as well as other locations not close to he port. Under the circumstances currently present in Israel, those buses will be instructed to turn around and return to the ship ASAP. 

Private tours will be given the same orders provided the ship's pax and/or the drivers/guides on those tours can be reached via mobile/cell!

My thoughts and prayers are with the people of Israel under these extremely difficult circumstances! 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 16