Having beds separated in advance

Having recently disliked our inside guarantee because the TV is in the way of the person who is on that side of the bed.

This next cruise it appears to be the same.

How do I have the beds separated in advance so as to have that done when we arrive?

I have gone through our profile, our app, our reservation.  I am unable to find that info.

Thank you.

21 minutes ago, cruiseorcamp said:

Having recently disliked our inside guarantee because the TV is in the way of the person who is on that side of the bed.

This next cruise it appears to be the same.

How do I have the beds separated in advance so as to have that done when we arrive?

I have gone through our profile, our app, our reservation.  I am unable to find that info.

Thank you.

You need to call whoever booked your cruise.  Either Royal or your TA.

Even then there are no gtys that  the request will make it to the ship.

Edited by Ourusualbeach
  • Like 2

Also shortly before your cruise (2-3 days IIRC) watch for an email with a link for several stateroom requests.  I think “separate beds” is among the requests you can check via that link.  Perhaps if you specify on your booking and on that link, your beds will be separated when you arrive.  If not, the steward will re-do them for you. 

We also find separate beds to be an efficient set up in small interior and OV cabins.

Edited by Starry Eyes
  • Like 1

DH and I have always had beds together but on the last few 3-day sailings we elected to take an inside cabin. The beds were together, but we discovered that if they are separated you have more room. Having a center aisle between gives you way more room. The cabin steward was more than happy to re-arrange for us.

• Like 1

As has been stated above, our TA has always been able to put in our request. And recently, there is an email just a few days before sailing, in which you are asked for your preference.

If all else fails, just tell your room steward the first day.

• Like 1

Really Consistently Inconsistent.

They used to ask.  Then the tried to guess based on genders and last names.  Then they just make them together and had the stewards separate if requested.  Now it seems they are back to asking.

If they ask, tell them.  But either way, don't be surprised if they are together.  If you want them separated, tell your cabin steward to separate and it will be done in a short time.

12 hours ago, BecciBoo said:

RCCL agents have asked me that question during the booking process the last few cruises.

Sure, they ask and put it in your profile. Then when you get to your cabin, you can ask the attendant to separate them. The default is together as cabins are made up quickly the morning of departure day.

20 hours ago, HicksRA said:

Got the email prior to the sailing I’m currently on. Requested beds separated. Guess what. They were not. You can’t count on a prior request. Just ask the steward when you get there. 

Have requested beds separated for our last two cruises and it was done.  Will be interesting to see if that's the case on the third one.  

I've had this request ignored on all of my recent cruises. I think they don't want to offend same-gendered couples so they just leave them together unless you request in person. I've certainly filled out enough request forms ahead of time to have them separate. The cabin attendants are spread thin now, I had to search out mine on my last cruise to have the beds changed when we were leaving for dinner. In the past, the attendant would greet you in the afternoon and get your preferences.

14 minutes ago, Jasukkie said:

I've had this request ignored on all of my recent cruises. I think they don't want to offend same-gendered couples so they just leave them together unless you request in person. I've certainly filled out enough request forms ahead of time to have them separate. The cabin attendants are spread thin now, I had to search out mine on my last cruise to have the beds changed when we were leaving for dinner. In the past, the attendant would greet you in the afternoon and get your preferences.

Has nothing to do with gender. Lack of communication, overwhelmed staff, and it's faster to leave them together. 

This spring on QoS we did the prior request for seperate beds.  Once on board at 1pm we did the request through app as room steward was not around.  After dinner we made the request through room steward.  At 10pm we went to guest services.  At 11 we finally got through to house keeping to request.  Almost midnight a poor guy shows, by that time my travelling companion ripped apart the bed and pulled out all bedding stored under bed trying to make up beds herself but all had disgusting stains, room was a disaster zone, never forget the look on his face 🤣.  Needless to say the worker got a mention and extra tip, felt so bad for him

• Thanks 1

On our last 3 cruises they have never had the bed separated when we board the ship even though I put in the request as soon as I book the cruise.  We simply tell the steward that we want the bed split into separate beds and it has always been done before dinner.

This irks me too.  It used to be that beds were separated, but now they are not.  I complete the email request to separate the beds, but beds are still not separated.  I have had to leave a note on the bed if I can't find my cabin steward.  Last cruise, when the beds were separated, the steward only put one nightstand between the beds so there wasn't much room.  :classic_sad: Also, no top bedsheet and I had to ask several times for one. ☹️

5 hours ago, moposh said:

This irks me too.  It used to be that beds were separated, but now they are not.  I complete the email request to separate the beds, but beds are still not separated.  I have had to leave a note on the bed if I can't find my cabin steward.  Last cruise, when the beds were separated, the steward only put one nightstand between the beds so there wasn't much room.  :classic_sad: Also, no top bedsheet and I had to ask several times for one. ☹️

Ask for what you want, or like we do, move the 2nd nightstand between the beds. The beds move easily and I'm 76 so if I can move a night stand over a bed to the middle so can you. Have never had to ask a cabin attendant twice for anything.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, fredmdcruisers said:

Ask for what you want, or like we do, move the 2nd nightstand between the beds. The beds move easily and I'm 76 so if I can move a night stand over a bed to the middle so can you. Have never had to ask a cabin attendant twice for anything.

I'll do that next time.