🐾 🐾  Sea Dog gets Wet, a "Soggy Adventure LIVE" 10-21-23

Sea Dog

On 10/20/2023 at 4:22 PM, cruisingpeople said:

I completely forgot that I saw your name on the Roll-Call sheet. I see only one cabin listed for you. Are you solo this trip?

Yes! Tom, Phoebe, and Brittany will be on the Bella 2.0 cruise. I think everyone should be recovered by then?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, BonTexasNY said:

Thanks Greg.  When do I reserve the time?

Well I’m learning that the earliest you can book My Time Dining is 6:45pm the early seating for traditional is 5:30 and late is 8pm so it makes it difficult to try and schedule something earlier than 6:45 for my time. I hate the way they have structured the dining times.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

9 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

If you don't reserve early on your planner when times become available you will end up with all times 8pm or later.

There used to be a blackout time for the middle popular dining times that couldn’t be reserved but were still available on board.

I am not sure that is still the case since the mess with MTD but I agree on N American sailings early MTD will be popular because people want early but not as early as traditional dining early! It appears early dining is still often available on standby basis without reservations but we book late anyway so can’t verify that.

Since they appear to be booking the new sailing they are considering close-in, you are correct it may/may not be available to pre-reserve.

Edited by c-leg5
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

So @Jimbo got me thinking about this cabin/ internet speed and thought I would do an experiment for everyone. Here are my results.

IMG_2711.thumb.jpeg.83c4e6b2fa4f02fc6372d94c2b0aa6c7.jpeg

Balcony speed test. Very slow lots of enclosed steel.

IMG_2710.thumb.jpeg.2856c1753c1e07029f5649dd7dda9e05.jpeg

IMG_2712.thumb.jpeg.db3f94c726ba90a1f2af9807676ab9be.jpeg

Cabin door closed.

IMG_2713.thumb.jpeg.0cfd0c48d5952fbc790d10a249e019da.jpeg

Better.

IMG_2715.thumb.jpeg.e5534a9c5f10a21c6c1f62cbf122b870.jpeg

Cabin door ajar slightly

IMG_2716.thumb.jpeg.c06b3ee49022fc49fec4f22cea8d4631.jpeg

Ok that’s better

IMG_2717.thumb.jpeg.dc5a027dd680d6836b6c10426882c1e2.jpeg

Door propped wide open and yes I have clothes on!

IMG_2718.thumb.jpeg.9eb69330e2421177edf5104305a44637.jpeg

Now we are talking.

IMG_2719.thumb.jpeg.d5b331052c0185cbd5eb0036d878d06f.jpeg

Now in the library right by our cabin.

IMG_2720.thumb.jpeg.296dda8bcce20036eefa2725ca9ee0cf.jpeg

Big winner! Now it’s great since our cabin is right next to the library but opening the cabin door does make a big difference. Science experiment is now officially over. You may resume your normal activities.

Thanks for doing the experiment.   I have always heard about this trick but did not realize how much of a difference it can make!  

BTW, I will take this time to thank you for those with rooms near you,  Thanks for doing the experiment with your clothes on!  😆 

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

5 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

Now who would do such a thing 🤔 

image.thumb.png.7d3a7920467ce2775c6a7b23b41fbac5.png

I found it easier to just bring some duct tape with me for my CPAP Machine. Just ran the cord from the Make up desk then behind the tv, down the cabinet to the floor then used about 16 inches of tape over the cord on the rug so there is no chance of tripping over it. Then ran the cord under the bed to either side to the night stand on my side of the bed. Very easy.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Sea Dog said:

Well I’m learning that the earliest you can book My Time Dining is 6:45pm the early seating for traditional is 5:30 and late is 8pm so it makes it difficult to try and schedule something earlier than 6:45 for my time. I hate the way they have structured the dining times.

I think this has been the norm for awhile.   We enjoy the traditional seating at 5:30.   Always dread seeing the MTD lined up when we leave the MDR.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

This Kraken Colada with a Kraken floater is for all of you. Cheers!!

IMG_2762.thumb.jpeg.d3bc937449da3844a76c046960b33cb7.jpeg

Looks like a nice blue sky with no impact from storm Tammy.   

We're doing yard work / leaves and trimming bushes today.  I sure could use of those Kraken Coladas right now!!   Enjoy🤩

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I think this has been the norm for awhile.   We enjoy the traditional seating at 5:30.   Always dread seeing the MTD lined up when we leave the MDR.

We have switched back to TD. Just wish they had the 6:PM time slot for TD. MTD hours are too late and no way do we want to show up without reservations. Agree about the lines. 

• Like 5

9 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

I found it easier to just bring some duct tape with me for my CPAP Machine

It was easier than when you used magnetic hooks????   Hard to imagine it would be easier.   We didn't have to go behind the tv, didn't have to tape it to the carpet and have a bump.   Never came close to tripping over it.  What problems did you have with the magnetic hooks?  

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

It was easier than when you used magnetic hooks????   Hard to imagine it would be easier.   We didn't have to go behind the tv, didn't have to tape it to the carpet and have a bump.   Never came close to tripping over it.  What problems did you have with the magnetic hooks?  

Looks too MacGyver looking, you have the wires up against the mirror seeing double wires with reflection and makes the cabin look messy. We like the cabin looking nice.

Try the duct tape next time. I run the duct tape around my shampoo bottle and use what I need.

Edited by Jimbo
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

Looks too MacGyver looking and makes the cabin look messy. We like the cabin looking nice.

Umm , I was looking for a way to phrase there’s too much stuff hanging from the ceiling.   My hubby uses a CPAP and he basically runs the cord along the baseboard.   

• Like 2

Lunch in the Windjammer

IMG_2767.thumb.jpeg.5a5ccc22da6d81423789fffa966121f1.jpeg

Missed lunch in the MDR so we had to go to zoo I mean Windjammer. It was really crowded at 1:15pm only table available was for 5 but we sat down. A little later a couple asked if we minded sharing with them we said fine and it turns out they are from Kansas. City also. Talk about a small world. 

IMG_2765.thumb.jpeg.c10a564eca25e9ae9f72b299ae37462c.jpeg

Food was ok. Linda had to wait for new burgers to be made.  I did not get dessert but glad I didn’t as we had this nice surprise for us back in the cabin.

IMG_2766.thumb.jpeg.20a1a5a51ffd632c7c526aa282799905.jpeg

Time for a nap then get ready for formal night and head to the Diamond Lounge for happy hour and then our second visit to the MDR which Linda got a call from manager and said we are to ask for Royal and that he will take care of us. We will see , fingers crossed 🤞 🤞🤞🤞

• Like 13

19 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

Lunch in the Windjammer

IMG_2767.thumb.jpeg.5a5ccc22da6d81423789fffa966121f1.jpeg

Missed lunch in the MDR so we had to go to zoo I mean Windjammer. It was really crowded at 1:15pm only table available was for 5 but we sat down. A little later a couple asked if we minded sharing with them we said fine and it turns out they are from Kansas. City also. Talk about a small world. 

IMG_2765.thumb.jpeg.c10a564eca25e9ae9f72b299ae37462c.jpeg

Food was ok. Linda had to wait for new burgers to be made.  I did not get dessert but glad I didn’t as we had this nice surprise for us back in the cabin.

IMG_2766.thumb.jpeg.20a1a5a51ffd632c7c526aa282799905.jpeg

Time for a nap then get ready for formal night and head to the Diamond Lounge for happy hour and then our second visit to the MDR which Linda got a call from manager and said we are to ask for Royal and that he will take care of us. We will see , fingers crossed 🤞 🤞🤞🤞

If I remember correctly didn’t you slip the Maître D a monetary “ gift “ to get better treatment on a previous cruise ? You should look into getting hearing aids to help with your hearing loss .  

We had to wait in line for 11/2 hrs to clear immigration in Seattle. Luckily, it was in the dining room so hubby could sit . Passengers around us were getting concerned about him . So , I understand your problem with long lines . 

KC is playing LA Chargers , today , and I want KC to win . How dare the Chargers move up the freeway to LA after 50 years in SD ? All about the money of course and new stadium. 

• Like 3

I think My Time Dining is really Their Time Dining.

We're confirmed with traditional early but thought to reserve MTD at 6.  Now I know we can't.  I guess we'll have to miss Happy Hour

$$&**!#!!

Greg, any plans for a group meet up with the Bella squad?

Waiting to read about your 2nd MDR experience.  I hope Royal comes through for you and Linda.

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, NHProud said:

If I remember correctly didn’t you slip the Maître D a monetary “ gift “ to get better treatment on a previous cruise ? You should look into getting hearing aids to help with your hearing loss .  

We had to wait in line for 11/2 hrs to clear immigration in Seattle. Luckily, it was in the dining room so hubby could sit . Passengers around us were getting concerned about him . So , I understand your problem with long lines . 

KC is playing LA Chargers , today , and I want KC to win . How dare the Chargers move up the freeway to LA after 50 years in SD ? All about the money of course and new stadium. 

They will always be the San Diego Chargers to me. I loved traveling to SD for 12 years with the Chiefs. I love that city.

27 minutes ago, BonTexasNY said:

I think My Time Dining is really Their Time Dining.

We're confirmed with traditional early but thought to reserve MTD at 6.  Now I know we can't.  I guess we'll have to miss Happy Hour

$$&**!#!!

Greg, any plans for a group meet up with the Bella squad?

Waiting to read about your 2nd MDR experience.  I hope Royal comes through for you and Linda.

You nailed it Bonnie! Their Time Dining. Yes I did take care of the dining room mgr. last time and I am prepared to do so this cruise. Waiting to see where we end up tonight.

• Like 6