Diamond (Crown Lounge) Access

17 hours ago, jean87510 said:

I don't get the appeal.

And I don’t really get responses like this. You can’t understand why people may like to relax in a certain lounge with breakfast in the morning or snacks at night? It may not appeal to you, personally, but it’s pretty easy to understand why others of us do find it appealing.

I don’t care for Broadway shows, never seen one onboard, but I would never post “I don’t get the appeal.” Everyone likes what they like.

• Like 13

1 minute ago, OCSC Mike said:

Definitely not this in my case. Put the coffee machine, breakfast spread, & HH snacks somewhere else, call it the crappy lounge, and I’d happily go there instead.

Good suggestion.  Maybe they should open a small room somewhere with just the ever-so-popular coffee machine and call it the Diamond and above coffee kiosk.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, OCSC Mike said:

And I don’t really get responses like this. You can’t understand why people may like to relax in a certain lounge with breakfast in the morning or snacks at night? It may not appeal to you, personally, but it’s pretty easy to understand why others of us do find it appealing.

I don’t care for Broadway shows, never seen one onboard, but I would never post “I don’t get the appeal.” Everyone likes what they like.

So I'm supposed to just say it appeals to me because it does to others?  Did you ever research an excursion to see if you would like it and you notice that one review that didn't.  Instead of being offended because they dared to say it didn't appeal to them, you read WHY it didn't appeal to them.  You see that the chairs to rent were broken, the tour bus had wooden boards for seats...etc...  

I don't expect everyone to agree that it is or isn't appealing.  But both you and I and others are permitted to have our opinions and post in a non confrontational manner.  

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, jean87510 said:

I don't expect everyone to agree that it is or isn't appealing.  But both you and I and others are permitted to have our opinions and post in a non confrontational manner.

Of course, maybe I delved too far into semantics. If so, my apologies.

Saying "I don't get the appeal" isn't the same thing as saying "I personally don't care for it" to me but it seems that's all you meant, which is of course 100% OK as I'm the world's biggest proponent for people liking different things on cruises.

That's why I gave the example of understanding the appeal of Broadway but not personally liking it. Let's chalk it up to semantics and move on.

• Like 1

We’re currently on the Odyssey TA and we are very Top Heavy with Ds and D+. Well over 800 of each (will learn the exact amt at the Top Tier event)as well as almost 300 P but I haven’t heard anything about Ds being restricted during the HH. We don’t go in there then because it’s too crowded. 
The coffee machine situation is another story.  And it’s still called Diamond Lounge. Hasn’t been changed. I figure that will change when it gets back to Florida. 

EDIT to add that we each got 1 coffee added to our daily allotment of drinks because you can’t get near the machine when it works to get coffee. But it’s not easy to get on this ship. But we’re managing. 😁

Edited by lovesthebeach2
  • Like 1

On Radiance, Panama Canal, there were so many D and over.  They opened the whole Starquest.  The coffee machine was broken so Latitudes had a long line.  D and over free cappuccino or americano in the morning in addition to their free drinks.  We don’t drink coffee so used one of our vouchers for hot cocoa.  That’s the only reason we use the lounge in the morning.  Since we eat early we rarely go into the lounge anymore.  

If they change it to D+ it will be easier to get a drink for sure.   But a lot of people will be unhappy.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, jean87510 said:

So I'm supposed to just say it appeals to me because it does to others?  Did you ever research an excursion to see if you would like it and you notice that one review that didn't.  Instead of being offended because they dared to say it didn't appeal to them, you read WHY it didn't appeal to them.  You see that the chairs to rent were broken, the tour bus had wooden boards for seats...etc...  

You jump on mike for liking it but I've seen where you too want your coffee in the morning and would be so unhappy to be barred you expect reimbursement of a extra voucher if kept out. 

Oh but you dont get the appeal where people want to go get free specialty coffee  .. then stay out if it's not for you. 

I dont go in at HH because early dinner is at 5 pm and the lounge at 5 pm. Nothing against it. I see the appeal but think they changed the early dinner to be exactly the same time on purpose. 

Edited by firefly333
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, OCSC Mike said:

Well put!

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

You jump on mike for liking it but I've seen where you too want your coffee in the morning and would be so unhappy to be barred you expect reimbursement of a extra voucher if kept out. 

Oh but you dont get the appeal where people want to go get free specialty coffee  .. then stay out if it's not for you. 

I dont go in at HH because early dinner is at 5 pm and the lounge at 5 pm. Nothing against it. I see the appeal but think they changed the early dinner to be exactly the same time on purpose. 

Deleted because this is a stupid first world argument

Edited by jean87510

2 hours ago, OCSC Mike said:

Of course, maybe I delved too far into semantics. If so, my apologies.

Saying "I don't get the appeal" isn't the same thing as saying "I personally don't care for it" to me but it seems that's all you meant, which is of course 100% OK as I'm the world's biggest proponent for people liking different things on cruises.

That's why I gave the example of understanding the appeal of Broadway but not personally liking it. Let's chalk it up to semantics and move on.

Understood and thank you.  I feel the same.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lovesthebeach2 said:

We’re currently on the Odyssey TA and we are very Top Heavy with Ds and D+. Well over 800 of each (will learn the exact amt at the Top Tier event)as well as almost 300 P but I haven’t heard anything about Ds being restricted during the HH. We don’t go in there then because it’s too crowded. 
The coffee machine situation is another story.  And it’s still called Diamond Lounge. Hasn’t been changed. I figure that will change when it gets back to Florida. 

EDIT to add that we each got 1 coffee added to our daily allotment of drinks because you can’t get near the machine when it works to get coffee. But it’s not easy to get on this ship. But we’re managing. 😁

Thank you for this.  So the daily coffee added to your card, are there restrictions on what type of coffee?  Is it a dollar amount, or certain types of coffees allowed?  

Just now, The Fun Researcher said:

Thank you for this.  So the daily coffee added to your card, are there restrictions on what type of coffee?  Is it a dollar amount, or certain types of coffees allowed?  

From what I was told in Cafe 270, it’s restricted to cappuccinos and lattes without any syrup or flavorings. Same as you would get in the lounge.
An odd thing in Cafe 270 yesterday I was told by the guy making it that because I’m D+ over 340 I can get the big cup. I thought that was odd. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

29 minutes ago, The Fun Researcher said:

We also were given a free voucher on the Anthem for coffee each day.  It was for any type of coffee.  

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, The Fun Researcher said:

We had  the extra coffee coupon on the Jewel transatlantic. Basically, it was any of the non-alcoholic specialty coffees at Café latitudes. You could have a pump of flavor, cappuccino/espresso/latte, etc. 

you could use it for iced coffee as well

I don’t know if it could be used for double espresso shots

m

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, lovesthebeach2 said:

From what I was told in Cafe 270, it’s restricted to cappuccinos and lattes without any syrup or flavorings. Same as you would get in the lounge.
An odd thing in Cafe 270 yesterday I was told by the guy making it that because I’m D+ over 340 I can get the big cup. I thought that was odd. 

1 hour ago, Tlbecker1 said:

We also were given a free voucher on the Anthem for coffee each day.  It was for any type of coffee.  

23 minutes ago, cruisegirl1 said:

We had  the extra coffee coupon on the Jewel transatlantic. Basically, it was any of the non-alcoholic specialty coffees at Café latitudes. You could have a pump of flavor, cappuccino/espresso/latte, etc. 

you could use it for iced coffee as well

I don’t know if it could be used for double espresso shots

m

Thank you.  Do they give you physical coupons to use, or rather vouchers loaded onto your Seapass card in some way?  Sounds like some ships are maybe doing it one way and others differently?

1 minute ago, Another_Critic said:

Anthem does.  Also cappuccinos and frappucinnos.

Voyager also has lattes and cappuccinos.

Works for me.  😉    Though as long as one of the lounges have a working machine...will try there first  for my early morning Java in those.  Good to know we have an alternative though on those ships.  🙂 

11 minutes ago, The Fun Researcher said:

Thank you.  Do they give you physical coupons to use, or rather vouchers loaded onto your Seapass card in some way?  Sounds like some ships are maybe doing it one way and others differently?

It is just loaded on your seapass card, just like the drink vouchers.

• Thanks 1

The coffee voucher is nice and all, but aside from it being more convenient for me (maybe not others) to use the CL machine, I know I'm not the only one who drinks significantly more than one specialty coffee per day so that's not really an equivalent replacement for access to the machine.

#teammachine

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1