When are double/triple loyalty (latitudes) usually offered?

GrammieCruising

• GrammieCruising changed the title to When are double/triple loyalty (latitudes) usually offered?

Their is no usual time.  They are offered when NCL wants to fill ships.  Right now NCLH is running at 106% capacity so I don't expect to see too many extra points.  They may offer the extra points on select itineraties that aren't selling well.   This offer was very common after the Covid shutdown.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, GrammieCruising said:

We got Triple loyalty points on our last cruise. How often and what times of year are they usually offered? Have our eye on a cruise-hoping to get this same or similar perk.

Thanks. 

Other than bookings made last year, I don’t recall seeing triple points for standard rooms in the past. 

2 hours ago, shof515 said:

it might get posted here or you need to check the website every now and then

Thanks, we got double points on our second NCL cruise, a Western Mediterranean cruise on the Epic in 2012 for our 35th anniversary. I don't think I realized at the time we each got the extra points, but they came in handy for the next NCL cruise as it put us at the next Latitudes level.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, DominicAUS said:

I managed triple points earlier this year on a spring break cruise. LA to Mexico in March, was heaps happy with that. So it does happen. Just need to watch out for the specials 

I got 4 times points last year since i was sailing in the Haven!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, ontheweb said:

How does one find out about these offers? Do you have to constantly check the NCL website?

You can find the insider offers on NCL’s website.  You need to logged in to see them.  They will also sometimes be included in an email from NCL.  Right now they are offering select sailings, one of which is a Norway/Iceland trip we booked last month.  Just emailed my guy at CAS and asked him to add it to the booking.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I got triple points on the Bliss to Alaska this summer, booking it a bit last minute. (Booked in mid-May for a mid-June sailing.)

I usually just check the Latitudes past guest offer page on the first of the month. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, Russiamomm said:

You can find the insider offers on NCL’s website.  You need to logged in to see them.  They will also sometimes be included in an email from NCL.  Right now they are offering select sailings, one of which is a Norway/Iceland trip we booked last month.  Just emailed my guy at CAS and asked him to add it to the booking.  

Booked that as well, but having issues with the website, it won't let me access the cruise and even though it's listed on the November select sailings, there's no mention of the extra points.  I'll wait a bit to see if the prices do go down (hoping for a reduced solo supplement). Not that the points make that much difference to me any more.  Just made Diamond, a reallllly long way to Ambassador!

Past Guest offer page always gives me no results - and yes, I'm logged in.

52 minutes ago, julig22 said:

Booked that as well, but having issues with the website, it won't let me access the cruise and even though it's listed on the November select sailings, there's no mention of the extra points.  I'll wait a bit to see if the prices do go down (hoping for a reduced solo supplement). Not that the points make that much difference to me any more.  Just made Diamond, a reallllly long way to Ambassador!

Past Guest offer page always gives me no results - and yes, I'm logged in.

I hear you.  My guy said he’d have to rebook it to add the points and the price went up since we booked.  Told him to leave it be.  We don’t need the points either.  Im sapphire and DH is platinum.

See you onboard!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, PhillyTravelBug said:

just keep checking. I got triple points on the prima sailing this summer. Went from silver to being 4 points away from platinum now. 🎉

Congratulations on that.  👍

I remember your review on this board. IIRC, you were on the cruise after ours. You would have been leaving Reykjavik on 8/17 if I got that correct.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/2/2023 at 7:13 PM, GrammieCruising said:

We got Triple loyalty points on our last cruise. How often and what times of year are they usually offered? Have our eye on a cruise-hoping to get this same or similar perk.

Thanks. 

I've gotten the triple loyalty points on two cruises this year. Both were repositioning cruises. One I booked about 5 months in advance (sailed in April) and the other I booked about 6 months in advanced (and sailed in November). 

On 11/2/2023 at 4:13 PM, GrammieCruising said:

. How often and what times of year are they usually offered? Have our eye on a cruise-hoping to get this same or similar perk.

Check the Latitudes rewards link on your profile when you log into the NCL site.  Or you can check this link for the current latitudes bonus offers. Insider-Offer

As others have mentioned there is no set time of year or itineraries.  It is primarily about giving a little incentive on itineraries that they Up untl recently it seemed like there were NO 2024 cruises listed.  Earlier this year, it seemed that their focus was solely on the Alaska itineraries, a couple of weeks ago it seemed like it was all south pacific / Asia itineraries.  Now there seems to be a decent assortment again, including a few transatlantics that are also very inexpensive....

• Thanks 1

On 11/2/2023 at 7:16 PM, shof515 said:

it is very rare and random

I agree it is rare (uncommon), but I am certain it is not random.  I believe NCL uses this as a marketing/sales tool to sell cabins either at large (like in the initial post-covid era) or for specific lower occupancy sailings.  As others have noted, NCL is doing quite well at filling ships lately, so triple may be very uncommon in the near future, with double continuing for selected sailitngs.

We managed triple on a 16-day transatlantic (in a suite) for 64 points taking us into Saphire, and triple again on back-2-back 7-day cruises (no suite) for 42 points.

• Thanks 1

On 11/3/2023 at 2:59 AM, DominicAUS said:

I managed triple points earlier this year on a spring break cruise. LA to Mexico in March, was heaps happy with that. So it does happen. Just need to watch out for the specials 

I got this offer too & I got quadruple points for a European cruise I got back from last month

• Like 1