Celebrity Pass ....new purchase for priority boarding, etc ?

Smmessineo

15 hours ago, maggie.1008 said:

Loyalty , suite and Zenith perks now for sale. I have a short X cruise in December and another Alaska cruise booked with friends. After that I am going back to premium and luxury lines. 
way better value for the money. 

Yeah, everytime I see one of these cash grabs I think the same thing. We have a 10night southern caribbean in January and Greenland/Iceland in August and if the experience is anything like what I am reading about on these threads it will be time to move on.  Even thinking of canceling the Greenland/Iceland before final payment and just flying to Iceland for a week.  

34 minutes ago, m8zenblue said:

I will be cruising in January, 2024.

I did not receive this e-mail, I would not take advantage of this offer anyway, but, interested  to read the entire e-mail, if anyone still has it. 

The E-mail itself just let you know it was available, with no real details. It then linked to the cruise planner, which when you click on the icon of the X-pass would give the description as posted in post #1 here. I have not checked on the app, just the computer web-site, but there is a new tab (link) in the cruise planner titled VIP Passes that will bring you to it.

It's not about "if you don't like it , don't buy it."

It's about a suite passenger who may also be at the Zenith level having to compete for priority with a passenger who did buy Celebrity Pass and who actually expects to jump in front of the Zenith Suite passenger.

If so many have priority, who is the gatekeeper?

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Mr. Click said:

Yeah, everytime I see one of these cash grabs I think the same thing. We have a 10night southern caribbean in January and Greenland/Iceland in August and if the experience is anything like what I am reading about on these threads it will be time to move on.  Even thinking of canceling the Greenland/Iceland before final payment and just flying to Iceland for a week.  

I did the Celebrity Iceland to Boston via Greenland last year. (Preceded by other time on land and sea on/around Iceland.) My advice: do NOT cancel. Just alone the 4-6 hours spent traversing the Prins Christian Sund is totally worth the cost of the cruise. A highlight of our Iceland trip.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, RedIguana said:

The E-mail itself just let you know it was available, with no real details. It then linked to the cruise planner, which when you click on the icon of the X-pass would give the description as posted in post #1 here. I have not checked on the app, just the computer web-site, but there is a new tab (link) in the cruise planner titled VIP Passes that will bring you to it.

No 'VIP Passes' tab for either of our upcoming cruises (Nov '23 and May '24)

1 hour ago, Susanb10567 said:

I truly hope suite passengers get priority before the people getting this pass..

What's  the  anticipated pecking order?

Pass Purchasers, Zenith,  top Suites, Sky suites, gambler perk( various levels) , Elite Plus, Elite, AQ Class, Concierge Class...

Doorway is not wide enough for everyone to be first!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

20231103_180917.thumb.jpg.3c363e3afd8db8d6d5df6d6516614ea6.jpg20231103_180937.thumb.jpg.cb5ee6fb489709d7577f4774d4752e50.jpg

2 hours ago, hasentreelake said:

No 'VIP Passes' tab for either of our upcoming cruises (Nov '23 and May '24)

To get to the page in the pictures. I had to choose manage reservation, click on beverage packages, which I think brings up this screen.

...and next month, or week, it will be something else over and over again.  I am waiting for Celebrity to add a fee to get to book first before bookings are released(shhhhish)...maybe a total package where you get to book it all with only one price!  It’s my money and I still have a choice where to spend it; I am just sad that the Celebrity I loved has been changed into the Celebrity I really don’t know anymore.  New cruisers do not carry this baggage, so I will be a newbie on another cruise line.  Maybe that’s the secret...do not get attached.  Live in the moment and enjoy what you can because it can be gone in a flash!🥳

I do feel sorry for the crew, as they have to keep track of all of these changes...I cannot even do that myself🫠

Edited by Lastdance
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Lena11033 said:

I have a VIP tab for one of my cruises next year but no pass

New rollout, might not be populated for all cruises yet. Also, if it follows the Royal Model, the number sold will be limited and/or not offered on all cruises or ships. 

Maybe it's ship specific or maybe it's a certain timeframe such as all sailings past April 2024

The VIP pass doesn't appear at all for me for the Eclipse, Summit, or Reflection

The VIP Passes tab DOES appear for the Infinity in the spring but only extend your stay:

image.thumb.png.b42ca637d38a73299a01c206d63a470c.png

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Purplsmurf said:

Everyone complains about it…..just don’t buy it! Things could be worse, like sailing on Princess, which we just did. Can’t wait to get back to Celebrity next month!!

Easy to say “just don’t buy it.” Well duh, of course. Nobody is forcing anyone to purchase this. The issue some of us are reacting to is not the new product per se, but rather this as a symptom of the general strategy of marketing to the masses. It goes along with all the added 4-5 day booze cruises to NassU and the so-called private island. It is part of the general lowering of their targeting, a different passenger demographic. My recent Celebrity cruises have been like a revisit to drunken college frat parties. 

• Like 1

Some of us are reacting to our loyalty benefits being watered down but as others have said, everyone is selling those benefits now.

I looked at our Jan trip on the Beyond and I see nothing at all about an X pass.  No biggie.  We don't drink so the whole bev package thing means noting to us.  We are good with sharing one device of wifi plus we get 90 minutes on the other account since we are both elite...even though we should both get the minutes once you activate a pre-purchased package it kills the free minutes whether or not you used the loyalty benefit..... We are just gonna go and have a good time and relax in the Caribbean for 10 days.  I like to use the KISS system on these trips.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, PTC DAWG said:

Nothing is free. 

I know we are paying for it with the price of the cruise.

My issue is that if I book in advance I have no idea what I am going to get with Celebrity.  I thought that I had complimentary room service until they started charging for it.  I though that they had quality food until they degraded the cuts...

This is CookieGate 2.  Let the cheesiness continue.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Mr. Click said:

We are good with sharing one device of wifi plus we get 90 minutes on the other account since we are both elite...even though we should both get the minutes once you activate a pre-purchased package it kills the free minutes whether or not you used the loyalty benefit.....

@Mr. Click Have you asked in the iLounge?  Your CC minutes are Premium.   I know you can't do it in the app but I'm pretty sure you used to be able to get the 90 premium minutes added if you had a classic package.  Maybe they have changed it in the last year?