Empire Supper Club

2 hours ago, CruisingHogFan said:

Bookings finally are open and looks to be the rumored amount of $200. 2-3 hours and formal attire only. I think we plan to try it in June.

I can’t wait for the “it’s my vacation and I ll wear what I want” crowd to complain. 😂

What does rccl consider formal, a clean T-shirt maybe . 

1 hour ago, George C said:

What does rccl consider formal, a clean T-shirt maybe . 

Empire Dinner Club dress code per RC:

Suit jackets, slacks, cocktail dresses, formal pantsuits, and formal jumpsuits

• Like 1

Royal continues to offer a little something for everyone. 

I'm not sure how big the venue is but on a 6,000+ passenger ship, no doubt they will have no problem selling it out in spite of the $200 price tag & formal dress requirement. 

At least in the short term. 

16 minutes ago, SG65CB said:

Suit jacket is not for formal, I did wear a tux on all my cruises from mid 1980’s to late 2010’s , maybe 1 in 30 dressed formally on last few cruises.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, SG65CB said:

Jumpsuits for men, right? I'm thinking something along the lines of Elvis, but without the cape. Maybe the RC logo in blue and gold sequins on the back. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, Husky1987 said:

Now rather than the dress code police making their inane "if you wanna wear shorts, go eat in the Windjammer" argument, the rest of us can just say "if you wanna dress up, go hit the Empire Supper Club."

I'm glad they finally have a place of their own!

Edited by 3CatsInMA

47 minutes ago, Husky1987 said:

Now rather than the dress code police making their inane "if you wanna wear shorts, go eat in the Windjammer" argument, the rest of us can just say "if you wanna dress up, go hit the Empire Supper Club."

I wouldn't consider having to wear pants and a normal shirt in the MDR dressing up.

If you have to wear decent clothes (pants) to a nice restaurant on land then people should also be forced to do it on a ship….

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CruisingHogFan said:

If you have to wear decent clothes (pants) to a nice restaurant on land then people should also be forced to do it on a ship….

If...

Seriously though.  Good for Royal for making a dining space with an actual dress code, unlike the MDR or other specialty dining.  Now people who want to wear their finest for dinner can finally dine with like-minded folks.  

Edited by Husky1987
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Husky1987 said:

I remember the days that if you wear shorts you had to eat in the windjammer that was a long time ago , too bad.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CruisingHogFan said:

I wouldn't consider having to wear pants and a normal shirt in the MDR dressing up.

And this is why you’ll be very happy with all the other fashion police in your new members only club