Becoming diamond

cusematt4

14 minutes ago, cusematt4 said:

Hi all - if someone reaches diamond status mid cruise, would the benefits kick in halfway through the cruise, for the full cruise or after the cruise?

Thanks so much. 

No. Not until the next cruise. Something to look forward to on the next cruise. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Pinballs83 said:

I messed that up.  I am one day from Diamond... last cruise should have been one more day!

oh well.

It's very hard to get it bang on unless you live within driving distance of a port that offers lots of short cruises. 😕

• Like 2

7 hours ago, cusematt4 said:

Hi all - if someone reaches diamond status mid cruise, would the benefits kick in halfway through the cruise, for the full cruise or after the cruise?

Thanks so much. 

No.  It would be nice.  We reached Diamond 4 days into a 15 day transatlantic and D plus on my last cruise 3 days into a 9 day cruise.  I did ask onboard both times and was politely told no and make sure to book another cruise so you can get the benefits...🙄

7 hours ago, cusematt4 said:

Thanks so much. 

Congratulations ,a big no ,but   just but . 🌝

Do realize that everyone reaches the next level sometime during the cruise.  Your points are not tallied until a week to 10 days after the full completion of your cruise.  

The only level that is recognized while on the current cruise (but not awarded the perks) is Pinnacle.  

Each time we made it to the next level...as someone already mentioned...it made looking forward to the next cruise that much sweeter.  🙂 

Congrats on making it to Diamond.  

Points take about 1-2 weeks to post AFTER you disembark. There is no such thing as reaching Diamond halfway through a cruise. Points aren’t posted on a daily basis. They are posted in lump after the cruise. Someone close to Diamond should know this by now

Edited by TheDawg79

10 minutes ago, TheDawg79 said:

Points take about 1-2 weeks to post AFTER you disembark. There is no such thing as reaching Diamond halfway through a cruise. Points aren’t posted on a daily basis. They are posted in lump after the cruise. Someone close to Diamond should know this by now

Lol well there are people who want special treatment .. can I get it early? If I ask nice. .. just kidding. Agree. 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Another_Critic said:

Not directly related to C&A tier status, but note that points (140, 210, 280, 350, 420, 490, 560, 630, 700, etc.) for crystal blocks ARE recognized during the current cruise.

Not in our case. Never received a crystal block. I believe (?) we hit the 140 mark in 2015. No biggie. 

43 minutes ago, doghog said:

Not in our case. Never received a crystal block. I believe (?) we hit the 140 mark in 2015. No biggie. 

Saved you $3000!

Not the cost  of the damn thing, that’s “free!” More, in the excess baggage fees the airline will charge you to fly it home! It has the gravitational mass of a Neutron star!

Professional shot-putters fear them, in case they break their wrists!

Edited by Jetdriver787
Auto-corrupt!
  • Haha 4

43 minutes ago, doghog said:

I never got my Crystal Block either. I think it would have been 2015 too. Maybe they had run out of them. I didn't really care about  getting it so never inquired.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Jetdriver787 said:

Saved you $3000!

Not the cost  of the damn thing, that’s “free!” More, in the excess baggage fees the airline will charge you to fly it home! It has the gravitational mass of a Neutron star!

Professional shot-putters fear them, in case they break their wrists!

Good grief man, how large is this thing?  🤣 

Edited by doghog

6 minutes ago, doghog said:

Nice collection. They look nicer than the recent ones I've seen posted on CC lately. 

Got one of the new colored ones from Wonder a couple of weeks ago.  Was a duplicate, but different design.   I like it, but your bro does not, so it's on my desk as a paper weight.  😉 

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, jean87510 said:

No.  It would be nice.  We reached Diamond 4 days into a 15 day transatlantic and D plus on my last cruise 3 days into a 9 day cruise.  I did ask onboard both times and was politely told no and make sure to book another cruise so you can get the benefits...🙄

I guess we are officially chasing points.  We swore we wouldn't do it, but here we are.  We will be 3 points shy of Diamond+ with our currently booked cruises.  We aren't close to ports to easily fit in a short cruise.  We will see how we end up.  We switched to Royal from Carnival.  A plus for them is if you board a cruise where you will reach the next level at any point in that cruise, you are awarded that status at the start of the cruise.     

30 minutes ago, RoperDK said:

I guess we are officially chasing points.  We swore we wouldn't do it, but here we are.  We will be 3 points shy of Diamond+ with our currently booked cruises.  We aren't close to ports to easily fit in a short cruise.  We will see how we end up.  We switched to Royal from Carnival.  A plus for them is if you board a cruise where you will reach the next level at any point in that cruise, you are awarded that status at the start of the cruise.     

Yes carnival you upgrade before your cruise, royal you upgrade after your cruise,.. simply put. Easy for me to remember. 

I'm turning diamond next on carnival. So I'm diamond (200 pts) when I board. I'm at 197 pts. It's a 14 day. For sure I hit diamond. I had some dinners on carnival I couldn't eat and switched back to rcl. I switch back and forth. Food mostly. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, firefly333 said:

Lol well there are people who want special treatment .. can I get it early? If I ask nice. .. just kidding. Agree. 

Actually I was lucky when Concierge called me up in my Cabin and asked if I was going be at upper Tier Party. They had Captain give me D+ Certificate that day, this even though still had couple more days to reach actual point level. We'd just started a 13nite Cruise. She even sent me down to get Status on my Card updated. Though this was about 15yrs ago. Know it doesnt happen, but it did to me

Edited by ONECRUISER
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, Babblespeak said:

Carnival recognizes it if you move up a tier during a cruise, but not Royal. 

Carnival is the only cruise line like that. Norwegian is like royal where you level changes when you get back from the cruise

12 hours ago, ONECRUISER said:

Actually I was lucky when Concierge called me up in my Cabin and asked if I was going be at upper Tier Party. They had Captain give me D+ Certificate that day, this even though still had couple more days to reach actual point level. We'd just started a 13nite Cruise. She even sent me down to get Status on my Card updated. Though this was about 15yrs ago. Know it doesn't happen, but it did to me

Similar to what happen when we hit D+ on a cruise. 

We were on B2B cruises and booked while onboard the first cruise to stay onboard for a 3rd cruise on which we hit the C&A points for D+ status.

I think it helped that the LA was also in charge of further cruise bookings and we also booked with her while on that third cruise a 15 night Oz cruise leaving few months later. I had mentioned to her that third cruise we were currently on and had booked with her would make us D+ for the Oz cruise. She was the one who offered us D+ status and its privileges on that cruise.