Thoughts, impressions, and observations for the World Cruise.

10 minutes ago, Mike07 said:

That's really cool.

It's probably largely (if not completely) funded by their viewers. Most who do stuff like that have a "patreon" or similar where they offer "perks" for monthly payments that "allow us to keep bringing you this content".

Edited by WrittenOnYourHeart

Just now, WrittenOnYourHeart said:

It's probably largely (if not completely) funded by their viewers. Most who do stuff like that have a "patreon" or similar where they offer "perks" for monthly payments that "allow us to keep bringing you this content".

Lame.... Pay your own way. But thank you for the feedback.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, WrittenOnYourHeart said:

Oh, I agree it's lame. I feel like the people who pay them are lamer though. Either that or they have more money than they know what to do with.

I'm younger than most of the CC demographic by far, but believe me, I'm not into this "influencer" or other 2023 social media status junk. I would personally never do this patreon stuff.

Edited by Mike07
  • Like 3

There are a couple pairs of sisters, who are traveling with their parents. It’s not always Patreon. It’s all about followers and clicks. Some older vloggers on YouTube do very well from posting content. But I also find their content much more interesting and informative.

• Like 4

Some folks just start doing it as a hobby. I don’t know what “influencer stuff” means. People start things up for all different reasons. I agree that the folks making up stories for clicks is wrong but plenty are just vlogging their journey for fun. Nothing wrong with it.

• Like 2

Like others have mentioned, I initially followed a bunch of cc and fb members that posted links to their vlogs, insta and fb.  I don't do TikTok or X anymore.  So, there are probably a dozen to 15 posters that I'm aware of right now.  What the news media seems to pick up and write stories about are TikTok videos from people who aren't on the cruise, but, are going viral by talking about the legitimate vloggers' content.  They'll pick up a small detail and talk about it at length and stir the pot by mentioning "drama" onboard and other nonsense , like that which someone pointed out here about exclusive Northern lights viewing. Good grief.

There is most definitely a younger set of cruisers who are gaining a following and in return, Royal is now extending some additional hospitality to them in exchange for their reposts of Royal social media and the free exposure for Royal.  I don't think anyone was initially treated to the cruise, although I hear rumors that some social media people with established followings will be joining on future legs, at whose expense, I don't know.  

I'm interested in the World cruise experience, but, slogging through some of this "content" has been a bit dull so far.  I've even picked up that one poster who was genuinely herself at first seems to be mimicking a younger poster's delivery style and "open mouthed having the time of my life" facial expressions now.  It's all getting a bit bizarre to watch and so it's quite nice to come here for a more traditional "live from" style review and chat.  Thanks for providing this @island lady!

Edited by Steeler Nation At Sea
  • Like 10
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, BND said:

A couple of hours ago I posted a link to the RC blog that is about this on this thread and I'm STILL waiting for it to be approved. Where are the admins today?

I never knew there was any form of pre-approval required to post a link to CC.

Are you sure that the blog address itself isn't the issue? 

3 minutes ago, Steeler Nation At Sea said:

It happens at times. It seems like code words that are flagged and then posts need to be approved.

Edited by A&L_Ont
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Steeler Nation At Sea said:

I never said it was because it just a link. I just said I was waiting for it to be approved.  Not sure how you read what you did.   The RC blog links has now been approved and if you go back a page or so, you'll find it now.

2 minutes ago, BND said:

I never said it was because it just a link. I just said I was waiting for it to be approved.  Not sure how you read what you did.   The RC blog links has now been approved and if you go back a page or so, you'll find it now.

Not sure what you're talking about.  I literally only said that I never knew posts required pre-approval.  I wondered if it was your link. 

7 hours ago, shipgeeks said:

According to some comments I've seen, they are not aboard, but are picking up comments here and there, and posting them as their own, or even making things up, including some absurd "facts" that have no basis in reality.

There is more then a few posting from onboard, think watching 8-9 different posters. Couples, Boomers, Gen X and Millennial's. Haven't watched any of the Postings from anyone not on the Ships and don't plan on it

Edited by ONECRUISER
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Steeler Nation At Sea said:

Like others have mentioned, I initially followed a bunch of cc and fb members that posted links to their vlogs, insta and fb.  I don't do TikTok or X anymore.  So, there are probably a dozen to 15 posters that I'm aware of right now.  What the news media seems to pick up and write stories about are TikTok videos from people who aren't on the cruise, but, are going viral by talking about the legitimate vloggers' content.  They'll pick up a small detail and talk about it at length and stir the pot by mentioning "drama" onboard and other nonsense , like that which someone pointed out here about exclusive Northern lights viewing. Good grief.

There is most definitely a younger set of cruisers who are gaining a following and in return, Royal is now extending some additional hospitality to them in exchange for their reposts of Royal social media and the free exposure for Royal.  I don't think anyone was initially treated to the cruise, although I hear rumors that some social media people with established followings will be joining on future legs, at whose expense, I don't know.  

I'm interested in the World cruise experience, but, slogging through some of this "content" has been a bit dull so far.  I've even picked up that one poster who was genuinely herself at first seems to be mimicking a younger poster's delivery style and "open mouthed having the time of my life" facial expressions now.  It's all getting a bit bizarre to watch and so it's quite nice to come here for a more traditional "live from" style review and chat.  Thanks for providing this @island lady!

Not surprised, Royal even allows a few their workers to Post that includes a few things that a Reg workers wouldn't be allowed to. Interesting 2 of them I remember off hand Posted amount of Money the earn from Royal and what they make from those Sites. Their Royal income wasnt bad at all but the money they make from just Posting Royal Videos all I can say is Wow! 

Edited by ONECRUISER

21 minutes ago, William W said:

Just stumbled on a channel from a crew vlogging on the Ultimate World Cruise.

Personally, I found this to be more interesting than passengers vlogging their journey. 

https://youtu.be/HX3sDqo3xc8?si=dzL_i_zn8h6aEaCP

Thanks for posting this, finally shows some interesting things that are happening around the ship. Haven't seen anything like this so far on this thread.

Here is another interesting you tube from the same person.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

Has anyone heard if there will be changes to the itinerary in April when cruising from Dubai through the Red Sea and the Suez Canal?  Will they not allow anyone on the upper decks from sunset to sunrise while heading into the Red Sea?

15 hours ago, mv_hana said:

When we went from LA to Buenos Aires a few years ago we were booked for the whole itinerary. Didn't realize it was also sold as segments, but it never interfered with our plans or excursions. Guests on and off for their leg were hardly noticeable.

If you go to the "Post Office at the End of the World" in Ushuaia and want to mail post cards drop it off inside. We put ours in the mailbox outside the entrance door and are still waiting! Maybe they never checked the box lol. 

Also, Machu Picchu is an experience of a lifetime. If you're on the several day excursion the hotels where you stay and the restaurants serve coca tea at breakfast and coca candy, tea, energy bars are sold everywhere. Yes, coca as in cocaine but without the high. If you get altitude sickness (any many do) it resolves it very quickly. However, don't try to take it back on the ship or across the border because you'll be in arrested (they warn you). Not a good way to spend a vacation.

Can't wait to hear about your cooking class in Buenos Aires! We always heard about the beef in Argentina, and have to say it's the best we every had, Funny about the restaurants serving dinner so late. We stayed in Buenos Aires for 2 weeks when we disembarked there. First night asked the hotel concierge to book us at a restaurant for 7:30 pm. She laughed and told us no one eats dinner before 9pm and that was early. So we did as the locals do and it was great. Also, many different types of empanadas and all delicious! 

Patagonia is a beautiful and breathtaking part of the world. Enjoy every second of your trip and safe travels!

Lorraine

Yup.  Bucky worked down here as consultant to a new power plant at the Cape years ago.  Was down there for weeks.  Most of them ate dinner at 11 pm...maybe 10 pm if they wanted to eat earlier.  😉 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, vacationlover_mn said:

I saw an article that there are a ton of young social media influencers on the world cruise.  Is this true?  Apologies if this has been discussed, but I didn’t read every post on this thread.

Most of them are not on the cruise...just making you think they are...and of course are all full of false information.  💩

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, Steeler Nation At Sea said:

You are most welcome.  I don't bother with the those other social media sites either.  Mostly just a bunch of crap and trying to stir the pot.  

This thread is for everyone...without the drama.  😉 

• Like 12
  • Thanks 2

24 minutes ago, mugtech said:

Has anyone heard if there will be changes to the itinerary in April when cruising from Dubai through the Red Sea and the Suez Canal?  Will they not allow anyone on the upper decks from sunset to sunrise while heading into the Red Sea?

Protocol is to close those upper decks in the evening, darken the inside areas, require that cabin curtains be closed etc. I can’t imagine that this cruise protocol would be any different from other cruises that go through that region. Further, there will probably be a “Safe Haven“ drill, where passengers are required to gather in an inside windowless  area (theater, hallway, an  inside cabin) should there be an emergency announcement from the captain. The idea is to be away from a window.

When we have gone through that area, extra security was brought on board.  
m

• Like 2