Thoughts, impressions, and observations for the World Cruise.

7 minutes ago, WrittenOnYourHeart said:

Are they even sailing where the northern lights can be seen? I thought they were way too far south for that. (One of the things the blogger whines about - that some allegedly got invited to see them.) Regardless, I agree - she clearly doesn't understand how cruises work. There are almost always things that upper tiers are invited to that lower tiers aren't. It's just how things work.

I don't think anyone needs an invitation to the sundeck to look at the night sky. The same applies to the helicopter pad on R class ships.

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

46 minutes ago, WrittenOnYourHeart said:

Are they even sailing where the northern lights can be seen? I thought they were way too far south for that. (One of the things the blogger whines about - that some allegedly got invited to see them.) Regardless, I agree - she clearly doesn't understand how cruises work. There are almost always things that upper tiers are invited to that lower tiers aren't. It's just how things work.

Their Best chances of seeing the Northern Lights won't come until August when they are in Iceland and Greenland.

How come we aren't seeing any pictures of the IGUAZÚ FALLS ? on this thread yet? That was todays highlight wasn't it?

Edited by Jimbo

16 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

Their Best chances of seeing the Northern Lights won't come until August when they are in Iceland and Greenland.

How come we aren't seeing any pictures of the IGUAZÚ FALLS ? on this thread yet? That was todays highlight wasn't it?

Those WC cruisers aren't back on the ship yet.  Still on their way according to some other social media posts.  Long day of travel for them.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, temple1 said:

I didn't watch the TikTok but read some of the article at the link below. Seems some people don't know there are different types of cabins on ships. Wait until she finds out what other perks frequent Royal cruisers receive, perhaps she'll leave the cruise.  😉

https://www.dailydot.com/news/royal-caribbean-9-month-cruise-special-treatment/

‘Clacissm? On MY elite world cruise?’: Passengers on 9-month Royal Caribbean cruise say they booked the same experience–but some people are getting special treatment

'You can't convince me that this isn't a social experiment.'

This article is so full of mis-information!! There's a video clip in the article that is titled "Pinnacle Status Room vs Interior Cabin" with the BELOW paragraph by the Tik Toker " The purported Pinnacle Club member's room (as shown in the video) is an INFINITE VERANDA CABIN ON A CELEBRITY SHIP!! 

from the article "The beginning of the video is from TikToker @calma_floral, who is a Pinnacle Club member. She says after hearing the controversy over how Pinnacle members are treated differently, she’s showing viewers her room to prove “it’s really not that different from what the other people are showing.”

In her video, viewers see a bed, couch, vanity, chair, and a balcony with a small table and seating for two.

Next, the video cuts to a TikTok posted by user @little_rat_brain. In the clip, viewers see that her room is windowless and visibly smaller than the Pinnacle Club passenger’s room. "

I will only read/follow posts from those I know who are actually on the cruise and really appreciate what Pat @island lady is posting.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

just watched a you tube video about all the bad weather and it showed the water stained carpet in the gym area.   So far it sounds like the weather has only be nice about half the time.

Hoping for the best as you go around the horn and down near Falklands.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Oceansaway17 said:

just watched a you tube video about all the bad weather and it showed the water stained carpet in the gym area.   So far it sounds like the weather has only be nice about half the time.

I think you have an entirely inaccurate impression. I've been watching plenty of videos since this began and they have had typical tropical weather with occasional heavy rain showers and clearing.  The day of the flooding was the first full day of indoors only weather that I can recall.

One of my friends posts the daily weather forecast on his FB every single morning! 

Edited by Steeler Nation At Sea
  • Like 4

2 minutes ago, Steeler Nation At Sea said:

I think you have an entirely inaccurate impression. I've been watching plenty of videos since this began and they have had typical tropical weather with occasional heavy rain showers and clearing.  The day of the flooding was the first full day of indoors only weather that I can recall.

I think not. My impression is the weather has caused issues and not quite so smooth sailing for the WC

You tube has quite a few videos from the ship and they were all posted in the last day or so.

they even mention the weather near Brazil.  I think flooding in the gym area and those wet carpets would cause some mold.  

Not interested in arguing I just mentioned what I saw on line.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

21 minutes ago, suzyluvs2cruise said:

This article is so full of mis-information!! There's a video clip in the article that is titled "Pinnacle Status Room vs Interior Cabin" with the BELOW paragraph by the Tik Toker " The purported Pinnacle Club member's room (as shown in the video) is an INFINITE VERANDA CABIN ON A CELEBRITY SHIP!! 

from the article "The beginning of the video is from TikToker @calma_floral, who is a Pinnacle Club member. She says after hearing the controversy over how Pinnacle members are treated differently, she’s showing viewers her room to prove “it’s really not that different from what the other people are showing.”

In her video, viewers see a bed, couch, vanity, chair, and a balcony with a small table and seating for two.

Next, the video cuts to a TikTok posted by user @little_rat_brain. In the clip, viewers see that her room is windowless and visibly smaller than the Pinnacle Club passenger’s room. "

I will only read/follow posts from those I know who are actually on the cruise and really appreciate what Pat @island lady is posting.

LOL.  People got the cabin they paid for, regardless of status, just like any cruise.  

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, BND said:

LOL.  People got the cabin they paid for, regardless of status, just like any cruise.  

never heard of a pinnacle room either.

I swear these tik tokers need to just shut up sometimes as they make stuff up 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

26 minutes ago, Oceansaway17 said:

I think not. My impression is the weather has caused issues and not quite so smooth sailing for the WC

You tube has quite a few videos from the ship and they were all posted in the last day or so.

they even mention the weather near Brazil.  I think flooding in the gym area and those wet carpets would cause some mold.  

Not interested in arguing I just mentioned what I saw on line.  

It was your observation that "half" of the cruise has been impacted by bad weather that I took to be an exaggeration and I don't believe that's accurate.  They are on day 27.  Bad stormy weather beginning in Brazil was only a couple of days ago and the photos from both Montevideo and Iguazu Falls today look like the sun is shining again.

Edited by Steeler Nation At Sea
  • Like 6

2 hours ago, Jimbo said:

There's been a bunch posted on that other site.  Look for Cruising Around the ....in....days

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Greetings all, just came onboard today, will be on until Los Angeles. 

this is a little long, there are 4 topics here: 

1)) the most amazing part of embarkation was when Raheem ( from security) came racing down the gangway to take my carryon rollerboard up all those gangway steps! ( the bag contained Candy for the crew and some camera equipment). While I can handle it on the standard ramp, it's a challenge on all those steps. Gold stars to Raheem ( yes I'll give him a tip envelope). 

2))It was wonderful to see ShoreEx team members from previous cruises, that was terrific. 

3)) Mentioning this to point out what happened with process today. Wonder if this happened to other passengers? Today SeaPass cards were given out in the terminal, at the same time passports were taken. The SeaPass card they had for me was on Deck 4. That would have been fine, except that earlier in the week my RoyalUp bid was accepted, my new cabin was on deck 9. Three days before the cruise the App had the new cabin number and the new set sail pass, the website had the Setsail pass and the new luggage tags. Normally, they would have printed the new SeaPass card in the terminal. They couldn't do that, as the printer ribbon malfunctioned. After I came onboard, security told me to go to guest services to get a new SeaPass card, which I did. When I got to the deck 9 cabin, there was a SeaPass card on the door. I should have been able, in theory, to go to the new cabin and use the SeaPass card on the door rather than going to guest services. Except, I was told in the terminal and at the security check point on the ship to go to guest services. ( There is opportunity for process improvement here). 

4)) The  " what's happening here" moment happened in the Crown Lounge around 7:30 PM.  I noticed a group in the CL standing up by the windows, looking down at one of the hot tubs. There was discussion about a woman in the hot tub, specifically what she was NOT wearing. One of the concierge team called security. I didn't stay to watch the arrival of security or the removal of the woman from the hot tub. I didn't see any of the TikTok Tribe in the area. Hopefully the only video is RC security video. 

Apologies again for this long text. To all onboard, have safe travels. To all at home, enjoy following this and have fun! 

• Like 23
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

49 minutes ago, Cruiser99365Girl said:

1)) the most amazing part of embarkation was when Raheem ( from security) came racing down the gangway to take my carryon rollerboard up all those gangway steps! ( the bag contained Candy for the crew and some camera equipment). While I can handle it on the standard ramp, it's a challenge on all those steps. Gold stars to Raheem ( yes I'll give him a tip envelope). 

2))It was wonderful to see ShoreEx team members from previous cruises, that was terrific. 

3)) Mentioning this to point out what happened with process today. Wonder if this happened to other passengers? Today SeaPass cards were given out in the terminal, at the same time passports were taken. The SeaPass card they had for me was on Deck 4. That would have been fine, except that earlier in the week my RoyalUp bid was accepted, my new cabin was on deck 9. Three days before the cruise the App had the new cabin number and the new set sail pass, the website had the Setsail pass and the new luggage tags. Normally, they would have printed the new SeaPass card in the terminal. They couldn't do that, as the printer ribbon malfunctioned. After I came onboard, security told me to go to guest services to get a new SeaPass card, which I did. When I got to the deck 9 cabin, there was a SeaPass card on the door. I should have been able, in theory, to go to the new cabin and use the SeaPass card on the door rather than going to guest services. Except, I was told in the terminal and at the security check point on the ship to go to guest services. ( There is opportunity for process improvement here). 

4)) The  " what's happening here" moment happened in the Crown Lounge around 7:30 PM.  I noticed a group in the CL standing up by the windows, looking down at one of the hot tubs. There was discussion about a woman in the hot tub, specifically what she was NOT wearing. One of the concierge team called security. I didn't stay to watch the arrival of security or the removal of the woman from the hot tub. I didn't see any of the TikTok Tribe in the area. Hopefully the only video is RC security video. 

Apologies again for this long text. To all onboard, have safe travels. To all at home, enjoy following this and have fun! 

Welcome aboard @Cruiser99365Girl we at home would enjoy more updates from all on board. 

• Like 7

Here are a couple of observations from our first day!  

The food we had for lunch today in the Windjammer and tonight for dinner in the MDR (My Time) was all piping hot and delicious!  Our MDR Waiter told us that each night, there will be an off menu “special”.  Tonight, it was a 6 oz Filet Mignon, which Jim ordered!  He said it was cooked perfectly, and delicious!  Tomorrow night’s off menu “special” will be swordfish, but we will be in Izumi.  We rarely eat in the MDR as we buy the the UDP, which wasn’t offered on this cruise.  We did get the 10 night package (the most offered) on each cruise, but if the MDR continues to impress us, we may cancel that for the next cruise.

As most of the FWC, and many others went to Iguazu Falls today, the ship seemed almost empty tonight!  We were almost alone at Vintages and there were only a few people at the Schooner Bar when we walked by after dinner!  The show tonight featured local Tango Dancers, Musicians, and Singer brought onboard for tonight only!  They were fantastic!

We are happy to be onboard!

• Like 18

2 hours ago, BND said:

2 hours ago, Oceansaway17 said:

never heard of a pinnacle room either.

I swear these tik tokers need to just shut up sometimes as they make stuff up 

I seriously doubt that TikToker @calma_floral is a Pinnacle member (as quoted in the article) as the cabin type shown in the video clip is not a cat they have on Serenade but is an Infinite Balcony on CELEBRITY

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

20 minutes ago, pstone1 said:

The food we had for lunch today in the Windjammer and tonight for dinner in the MDR (My Time) was all piping hot and delicious!  Our MDR Waiter told us that each night, there will be an off menu “special”.  Tonight, it was a 6 oz Filet Mignon, which Jim ordered!  He said it was cooked perfectly, and delicious!  Tomorrow night’s off menu “special” will be swordfish, but we will be in Izumi.  We rarely eat in the MDR as we buy the the UDP, which wasn’t offered on this cruise.  We did get the 10 night package (the most offered) on each cruise, but if the MDR continues to impress us, we may cancel that for the next cruise.

As most of the FWC, and many others went to Iguazu Falls today, the ship seemed almost empty tonight!  We were almost alone at Vintages and there were only a few people at the Schooner Bar when we walked by after dinner!  The show tonight featured local Tango Dancers, Musicians, and Singer brought onboard for tonight only!  They were fantastic!

Agreed on the MDR dinner. That steak was superb! The best beef I've had on an RC ship! ( heard from Chef Shetty that it was grass fed beef). 

Edited by Cruiser99365Girl
Quoted post appeared twicd
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, Cruiser99365Girl said:

1)) the most amazing part of embarkation was when Raheem ( from security) came racing down the gangway to take my carryon rollerboard up all those gangway steps! ( the bag contained Candy for the crew and some camera equipment). While I can handle it on the standard ramp, it's a challenge on all those steps.

I had a similar experience today, only it was a crew member, on his own time, returning from being off the ship on his break.  Special thank you to Sonny in Chops! 

• Like 8

On 12/17/2023 at 6:32 PM, The sea calls my name said:

This is interesting. When we were in Cartagena, Columbia in Oct on ROS, we tried to buy coffee with a credit card, but couldn't because we didn't have our passports on us. To use a CC you had to have. That might prove interesting in the next 268 days. 

When in Florence, Italy in 2015, I used my credit card to purchase a blouse for my granddaughter and was asked by the vendor for my passport.  I did have my driver's license with me and he accepted that.  First and only time this happened.

On 1/2/2024 at 3:56 AM, island lady said:

Oh yeah...that Mac and cheese in a box with mystery powder.  😄  

Don't forget "Spaghetti Os" in a can.    LOL!  

My granddaughter's favorite, Beefaroni when she comes to visit Chicago.  My DD has convinced her it is only available here.

• Haha 7

2 hours ago, pstone1 said:

I was on Jewel for a Canada/New England cruise in October and the food was mediocre at best. My travel partner and I actually found the buffet a better option.

7 hours ago, pstone1 said:

I just want to say that I am really enjoying this thread!  Thanks for creating it Pat!

We jumped onboard today, so hope to share a glass of wine with you and Bucky in the near future!  

Paula, how long are you staying on?

5 hours ago, Oceansaway17 said:

Strong wind and raining  hard sideways out of Boston my Corner/Aft Cabin Carpet got soaked from sliding Door to under my Bed. Also on Serenade. Royal was really giving 5yrs ago Pre-CV $$$$

• Like 1

9 hours ago, pstone1 said:

Paula and Jim, Mean Mary and I hope that you have a fantastic cruise(s). We will be following the thread and taking care of things back here in Florida. Bon Voyage!!!!

• Like 1

15 hours ago, cruisegirl1 said:

I know the pineapple rumor has been around for a long time, but  my point was the NY Post,s "shocking"  headline.   

Person NOT on the cruise sees an innocent video, makes something up about it and tells it to someone NOT on the cruise,  who then writes a news story about a cruise  that many will believe to be factual.  sad indeed.

M

Agree...these individuals without a life of their own....trying to get attention by making things up.  Sad existence.  

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1