Thoughts, impressions, and observations for the World Cruise.

2 hours ago, RFerrington said:

This really sucks !  I'll bet you could find a friendly full WC bubba to smuggle one onboard for you !

Especially if you sit them at dinner and share the bottle with them.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, island lady said:

Only for full WC pax.  

5 hours ago, RFerrington said:

This really sucks !  I'll bet you could find a friendly full WC bubba to smuggle one onboard for you !

Full segment cruisers can bring wine on board, too.  Only mini-segment people cannot.

• Thanks 1

On 1/7/2024 at 2:37 PM, doghog said:

I'll  just consider the source.

On 1/7/2024 at 2:40 PM, island lady said:

You got that right.  😉 

I think he was making a light-hearted joke? (He used the winking emoji!)

• Like 5

11 hours ago, RFerrington said:

LOL...probably...but with the Deluxe drink package, and the bottles of wine they send to our cabin...I guess we really don't need to bring anything additional on board....but that is just me.  😉 😄 

Edited by island lady
  • Like 3

5 hours ago, Merion_Mom said:

Full segment cruisers can bring wine on board, too.  Only mini-segment people cannot.

Not what I was told by Fabio, concierge in Concierge Lounge.  He checked to be sure and was told full WC cruisers only.  

5 hours ago, CruiszBug said:

I think he was making a light-hearted joke? (He used the winking emoji!)

I am not sure some seniors and anyone taking meds (because they have to) really thought it was a well thought out joke? 

Edited by island lady
  • Like 8
  • Haha 1

37 minutes ago, mugtech said:

The coast of Ecuador is where the drug wars are raging.  Manta not worth getting off the ship

We have a cooking class tour there...booked with ship tour.  Guess we will find out.  

1 hour ago, island lady said:

We have a cooking class tour there...booked with ship tour.  Guess we will find out.  

Good luck, would not stray from the tour.  Have some expat contacts in Ecuador, they are suffering through curfews currently, things are not quite as bad in the Andes, but Quito still has a curfew.

• Thanks 2

A guy I follow on Instagram just boarded a Seabourn Adventure Expedition Ship to Antarctica yesterday.  These are his posts late last night. 

His comment in the second screenshot says it all.  If I was on the world cruise I’d be happy to be waiting till the weather let up. 

IMG_3327.thumb.jpeg.b3ed5e6e0a8ed37d8778490d5cf958a6.jpeg

IMG_3328.thumb.jpeg.29b0e97404bb6caf993a04745a4f531c.jpeg

• Like 10

Here is an interesting question given how this has taken and one can assume generated the media buzz they wanted it to generate do we think Royal could and would use a larger ship for a future ultimate world cruise like Anthem or Ovation or name your big ship within reason assuming ship would fit into ports

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, ace2542 said:

Here is an interesting question given how this has taken and one can assume generated the media buzz they wanted it to generate do we think Royal could and would use a larger ship for a future ultimate world cruise like Anthem or Ovation or name your big ship within reason assuming ship would fit into ports

In a word - NO. Doubtful they will ever do a cruise like this again, let alone dedicate a larger ship to one.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, orville99 said:

In a word - NO. Doubtful they will ever do a cruise like this again, let alone dedicate a larger ship to one.

Why not it's a sell out isn't and doing the media buzz they wan't and they can't be surprised at the media buzz. But ok maybe not on a larger ship

1 hour ago, A&L_Ont said:

A guy I follow on Instagram just boarded a Seabourn Adventure Expedition Ship to Antarctica yesterday.  These are his posts late last night. 

His comment in the second screenshot says it all.  If I was on the world cruise I’d be happy to be waiting till the weather let up. 

IMG_3327.thumb.jpeg.b3ed5e6e0a8ed37d8778490d5cf958a6.jpeg

IMG_3328.thumb.jpeg.29b0e97404bb6caf993a04745a4f531c.jpeg

They are not waiting until the weather lets up though, they are heading straight for the Antarctica.

The Captain changed the itinerary, flip flopped it. If he does go back to the Falkland Island later, that just means they have to go through Drakes Passage again which may not be good idea.

They were scheduled to go to the Falklands Islands first before Antarctica which would have been good, they could have waited it out there until they get 3 or 4 days of good weather to head to Antarctica.

The weather Serenade is in now is only going to get worse ! Double up on desserts today and tonight, No harm no loss.

They are defintely not going to get the Drake Lake, it's going to be the Drake Shake for sure.

@A&L_Ont Don't think you will need a Flow Rider for this sailing.

Good Luck to All

Edited by Jimbo

12 minutes ago, ace2542 said:

Why not it's a sell out isn't and doing the media buzz they wan't and they can't be surprised at the media buzz. But ok maybe not on a larger ship

The ship is only about half full and as far as I know, not a single segment (or mini segment) is even close to being sold out. Add to that fact, the reality that the ship is nowhere near in quality as any of the existing ships (including RCL's own Silversea brand) that do annual world cruises at approximately the same cost per night.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, orville99 said:

The ship is only about half full and as far as I know, not a single segment (or mini segment) is even close to being sold out. Add to that fact, the reality that the ship is nowhere near in quality as any of the existing ships (including RCL's own Silversea brand) that do annual world cruises at approximately the same cost per night.

Every segment in Europe is nearly sold out and hence remaining cabins are very expensive.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Saab4444 said:

Every segment in Europe is nearly sold out and hence remaining cabins are very expensive.

Not surprised at that, but it doesn’t really help the bottom line all that much. IMHO, they are losing their shirts on this cruise.

• Like 1