Our next cruise has Abraham Hicks guests on board

gordylad

Just checked excursions on our next cruise 11 March 2024 Celebrity Silhouette. Many excursions reserved for Abraham Hicks guests on board. We have never been on a Celebrity Cruise whereby its I suppose a kind of charter, I'm not sure as there could be 2 AH guests or 1k AH guests.

I assume they will participate in their own seminars etc?

We were on a cruise with the AH people pre-pandemic and it was not a problem.  Sometimes they had a venue reserved for their meetings etc but it was never an issue.  Since we rarely book ship's tours I have no idea about them clogging up those tours.  As Georgia Peaches said, they are pretty nice people and are happy to stick to themselves.

• Like 1

We were on a cruise with a very large Abraham Hicks group in September (Vancouver to Hawaii). There was a LOT of hand wringing in advance but our cruise wasn't the least bit negatively impacted.

They did have sessions in the theatre during the day most days and there was a sign outside indicating that it was a private function. They didn't seem to have sessions anywhere else during the day. 

The line up at CAB was longer when they broke for coffee and first thing in the morning before their sessions.

I wouldn't worry about it. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Big ships often get large affinity groups.  We were once part of a group of 200 on the galaxy.  We had private events in areas of the ship. We also were all seated in a closed off section of the MDR.   If you were on a small ship, a large group could be a problem.Relax and enjoy .

• Like 1

Google is your friend on this sort of thing. Not trying to be a smarta**...they have their beliefs about their founder, etc. Not about to pass any judgement...have a look yourself...

I suspect they will not interfere with your personal enjoyment of the cruise...

• Like 3

5 hours ago, gordylad said:

Just checked excursions on our next cruise 11 March 2024 Celebrity Silhouette. Many excursions reserved for Abraham Hicks guests on board. We have never been on a Celebrity Cruise whereby its I suppose a kind of charter, I'm not sure as there could be 2 AH guests or 1k AH guests.

I'm trying to wrap my head around the concept of excursions ONLY for certain guests being exposed to non-members of the group.  It makes sense, so maybe I just have never encountered it before.  I'm curious... did the description say 'ONLY ABRAHAM HICKS GUEST ARE ALLOWED TO BOOK THIS EXCURSION" or similar?  Or did they actually have some sort of screening going on when someone decides to book, like having to put in your booking number?

I've been on full charters with excursions run by the charter company. Since there were no people outside the charter group on the ship, there was no way that an ordinary cruiser could book any of them.  We also had ordinary excursions in port, which were run by the cruise company and mostly looked like excursions on ordinary cruises.

And for a very short time, I know at least one cruise company had different excursions for those who were vaccinated and those who were not.

Anyway, my official opinion on AH and partial charters are in the post that was linked earlier.  Enjoy your cruise!

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Honolulu Blue said:

I'm trying to wrap my head around the concept of excursions ONLY for certain guests being exposed to non-members of the group.  It makes sense, so maybe I just have never encountered it before.  I'm curious... did the description say 'ONLY ABRAHAM HICKS GUEST ARE ALLOWED TO BOOK THIS EXCURSION" or similar?  Or did they actually have some sort of screening going on when someone decides to book, like having to put in your booking number?

On my last Celebrity cruise, there was some group on board (I forget what the name was), and a number of the excursions had duplicates, one open to all, and one that had the same name of the excursion with the name of the group just after in all caps. The description said "This is only open for members of the [blah] group. Any reservations that are not part of this group will be cancelled."

The group rate was very slightly cheaper.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, someguyfl said:

On my last Celebrity cruise, there was some group on board (I forget what the name was), and a number of the excursions had duplicates, one open to all, and one that had the same name of the excursion with the name of the group just after in all caps. The description said "This is only open for members of the [blah] group. Any reservations that are not part of this group will be cancelled."

The group rate was very slightly cheaper.

Thank you for sharing your experience.  This is, I suppose, one way to identify whether your ship has a significant group onboard.  I have found that cruise lines (not just Celebrity) tend not to be forthcoming about any large groups that are on their ship.

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, gordylad said:

When booking excursions we can reserve the ones which does not say 'ONLY ABRAHAM HICKS GUEST ARE ALLOWED TO BOOK THIS EXCURSION!

Thanks for the clarification.

Another question if you're willing... would you say that there are MORE excursions that are restricted to AH guests than those that are available to others, or are there are FEWER AH restricted excursions, or would you say they're about the same (i.e., most or all excursions that are available to ordinary passengers have a version for AH guests).  Thanks in advance!

Last year I was on a cruise with a large group of retired American airlines flight attendants. They had some of their own excursions which could not be booked by others. I’m pretty sure there was no way to know ahead of time that they would be there because it was a closed group booking available only to members of that organization. 

• Thanks 1

I was on a cruise where about half of the ship was a Weight Watchers group.  The ship prepared for the group with many special low calorie items, especially in the buffet.  The problem was that many in the group did not select these items resulting in a shortage of the regular items.

• Like 1
  • Haha 9

32 minutes ago, cruisestitch said:

Last year I was on a cruise with a large group of retired American airlines flight attendants. They had some of their own excursions which could not be booked by others. I’m pretty sure there was no way to know ahead of time that they would be there because it was a closed group booking available only to members of that organization. 

Thanks for sharing. This is how I expect large groups to handle their excursions - through the charter group where they wouldn't be seen by ordinary passengers.

22 minutes ago, KEN31VA said:

I was on a cruise where about half of the ship was a Weight Watchers group.  The ship prepared for the group with many special low calorie items, especially in the buffet.  The problem was that many in the group did not select these items resulting in a shortage of the regular items.

Thank you for sharing your experience. This is an example of some of the effects of a big group on a cruise on those who aren't part of the group. I wish we had more notice about them, but I don't expect to see it any time soon.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Honolulu Blue said:

Thanks for sharing. This is how I expect large groups to handle their excursions - through the charter group where they wouldn't be seen by ordinary passengers.

You misunderstood. Their excursions were listed in amongst all the other shore excursions with the restriction that they could only be booked by that group. ( That’s how I was able to see them. )

• Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, gordylad said:

very strange....now only a couple of shore excursions showing for AH....was a lot more before.

They are possibly now fully booked and no longer available even or other group members.

We have been on a couple of ships when groups were onboard, but they were not overwhelming ordinary passengers  in number and had various events held in sectioned off lounges or other venues for short periods of time.Tthese were usually indicated by boards outside the venue indicating it was a private event for "XYZ" group members only.  They also did their own group excursions.They also had their own excursions.

One group was a religious group and in each port they went off on excursions with a religious/ Christian pilgrimage  theme or attended a religious service ashore. They were especially excited to have arranged a private service in the Cave of the Apocalypse on Patmos

We also had a Chinese group onboard a Celebrity Asia itinerary, and they had many onboard group activities/entertainment including Tai Chi, and majong, also singers with whom they all sang along in their own language.  They also had their own shorex, in Mandarin I think the language was, so nobody would have wanted to go with them anyway. And they had their own group tables in the MDR, maybe even different menu items but I have no knowledge of that.

I wouldn't necessarily let it bother you.

Edited by edinburgher
  • Thanks 1