Tuesday December 5th, 2023 -- The Fleet Report and Daily

richwmn

@RMLincoln I have been used Park and Fly and the Parking Spot at PHL.  The Parking Spot may work best for you because they have a lot north of the airport.  Both had efficient 24 hour shuttles.  I prefer the private lots to airport parking regardless of the airport.

@Nickelpenny Did you book any private excursions while in Hawaii? I enjoy a bit of motion in the ocean too.  Here’s the Rotterdam Lifo pool while I was watching the Ravens game on the transatlantic in October.

Positive thoughts to those who need them.  Cheers to those celebrating and cruising. Edited by 0106
  • Like 14

4 minutes ago, 0106 said:

@RMLincoln I have been used Park and Fly and the Parking Spot at PHL.  The Parking Spot may work best for you because they have a lot north of the airport.  Both had efficient 24 hour shuttles.  I prefer the private lots to airport parking regardless of the airport.

@Nickelpenny Did you book any private excursions while in Hawaii? I enjoy a bit of motion in the ocean too.  Here’s the Rotterdam Lifo pool while I was watching the Ravens game on the transatlantic in October.

Positive thoughts to those who need them.  Cheers to those celebrating and cruising.

Yup waves in the pool is cool. I did book a private plane in o’ahu but it was raining and you couldn’t see a thing so it was cancelled. The other 2 I did was HAL excursions. 

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

Good evening. This is my third attempt at posting today.

The first time was at breakfast until I realized that if i continued doing so, I would be late for my hair appointment.

Then at the hair appointment I proceeded to read all the 53 posts.  By the time I finished it was time for the next step. So I never got to post.

So here I am, finally.

So I decided to post before I read all the posts, lest I get pulled away again.

So here is what is going on.

I have suffered from a terrible fatigue since getting home from the cruise.  I was the sole driver from Miami.  We stopped in Miami but it was still a long drive.  

I slept 12 hours both on Saturday and Sunday nights.

Last night I slept 8 1/2 hours.  Still tired. Took 2 Covid tests and both negative. So now I am beginning to think that it is the PmR acting up.

So what else is coming up?

On Thursday, Jim has an appointment with the Neurologist.  Maybe we can find out what is going on with him.  Why we had to cancel Italy and the TA cruise,  He slept a lot on the last cruise but was better than at home.  He wants to go to Italy in the Spring but I am reluctant to book it before we see the Neurologist and see what is going on.  I don’t want another heartbreak.

Next week I have a bunch of appointments at the Mayo Clinic for my PMR,  Two days of testing.

So that is where I am at right now.

Hope every one had a great day.

God Bless,

Terri

• Like 11
  • Thanks 7

• @RMLincoln I have been used Park and Fly and the Parking Spot at PHL.  The Parking Spot may work best for you because they have a lot north of the airport.  Both had efficient 24 hour shuttles.  I prefer the private lots to airport parking regardless of the airport.”

Thank you Tina @0106  I’ll look online for that lot! 
m—

• Like 6

12 hours ago, cunnorl said:

It has been quite busy around here. But my news is my sweet niece had her baby. She was 3 weeks early and came a little quicker than expected. She was born at home with the help of the wonderful Paramedics! Her DH called my sister to say she was starting contractions. My sister went to get the 2 year old. She came around the street corner to police cars, ambulance, firetruck. The policeman said you must be Grandma, come meet your new granddaughter! My poor sister almost fainted!  But all s well. Baby weighed in at 7 pounds!  Mom and baby were bundled off to the local hospital. My niece is an ER nurse at Bostons largest hospital.  Her name is Maeve Grace. Grace is because all went well because of the Grace of God.

9 hours ago, cunnorl said:

Maeve Grace. The one that was in a hurry to be born! 17551C72-3817-4F02-8573-590CD769E93E.thumb.jpeg.801a6b02750cc6d1fcdb5be5106d93f8.jpeg

What a sweetheart! 🥰 Congrats to all! 

• Like 8

It's going to be an interesting New Year's Day around here. University of Washington Huskies vs. the Texas Longhorns in the Sugar Bowl. 😊Go Huskies-if they don't all float away before then. The rain today was heavy which made driving I-5 miserable. But it was worth it-I was able to deliver my sewing group's last quilt donation for 2023 of Comfort Quilts to the UW hospital-a total of 300 for the year. Just right for Volunteer Day.

And @dfish, good to hear your surgery date is still on.

• Like 10

Good evening.  Tonight is a great night for stargazing.  We set DH's new telescope out  just before dinner, and he has it set to keep looking at the sky all night.  I hope it captures some interesting objects.

The waterheater in the motorhome is fixed.  DH thought he'd pushed the reset button, but whatever he pushed wasn't the reset.  We"d already done everything the repair guy was going to ask about.  It turns out, even the guy, who does warranty work on these units, didn't know about that particular button until he accidentally found it, so as I told DH we should not feel bad about not finding it.  Of course, we still had to pay the trip charge.  All in all, the dealership did a poor job of getting the motorhome ready, and on tne walk through when we picked it up.

6 hours ago, NextOne said:

Friday was graduation day with the heart surgeon! I'm happy that I won't have to make that trip to the hospital in Baltimore anymore. On Monday I saw my cardiologist and he called me a "model patient" and eliminated three of my meds! Woohoo! I've been paying an $85 monthly co-pay for the Eliquis, and I won't miss that one bit!

My mother always insisted that we have lentils on New Year's Eve to bring good luck for the next year, but I've never been a fan. Sorry, Mom.....

Congratulations on being released by the heart surgeon.  That is great news you are now off 3 of your meds.

4 hours ago, dfish said:

Had to turn the squeaky wheel again today by calling the scheduler for the surgery department.  They finally called back an hour ago.  The Dr. said that the open schedule on the 29th would likely fill by the end of the day and I was worried I would be pushed back into January, but they did keep my slot for me.  So, December 29th it is!   Outpatient surgery so I should be home that night.

Debbie, I'm glad your surgery date was confirmed.

3 hours ago, Cruzin Terri said:

Good evening. This is my third attempt at posting today.

The first time was at breakfast until I realized that if i continued doing so, I would be late for my hair appointment.

Then at the hair appointment I proceeded to read all the 53 posts.  By the time I finished it was time for the next step. So I never got to post.

So here I am, finally.

So I decided to post before I read all the posts, lest I get pulled away again.

So here is what is going on.

I have suffered from a terrible fatigue since getting home from the cruise.  I was the sole driver from Miami.  We stopped in Miami but it was still a long drive.  

I slept 12 hours both on Saturday and Sunday nights.

Last night I slept 8 1/2 hours.  Still tired. Took 2 Covid tests and both negative. So now I am beginning to think that it is the PmR acting up.

So what else is coming up?

On Thursday, Jim has an appointment with the Neurologist.  Maybe we can find out what is going on with him.  Why we had to cancel Italy and the TA cruise,  He slept a lot on the last cruise but was better than at home.  He wants to go to Italy in the Spring but I am reluctant to book it before we see the Neurologist and see what is going on.  I don’t want another heartbreak.

Next week I have a bunch of appointments at the Mayo Clinic for my PMR,  Two days of testing.

So that is where I am at right now.

Hope every one had a great day.

God Bless,

Terri

Terri, I hope next week gives you some answers on your why you are so fatigued.  I also hope the Neurologist has some answers for your DH.

Just now, SusieKIslandGirl said:

It's going to be an interesting New Year's Day around here. University of Washington Huskies vs. the Texas Longhorns in the Sugar Bowl. 😊Go Huskies-if they don't all float away before then. The rain today was heavy which made driving I-5 miserable. But it was worth it-I was able to deliver my sewing group's last quilt donation for 2023 of Comfort Quilts to the UW hospital-a total of 300 for the year. Just right for Volunteer Day.

And @dfish, good to hear your surgery date is still on.

That is an impressive  number of quilts your sewing group donated to the hospital this year.  Glad you made it there and back in the rain.  I guess we'll have to be friendly rivals between now and New Year's Day.  HOOKEM HORNS! 🤘

Lensa

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1