Tuesday December 5th, 2023 -- The Fleet Report and Daily

richwmn

Good morning everyone and Happy Tuesday from Tucson. Today’s high should be 79F. 

I posted some pictures from Aruba last evening on yesterday’s Daily if anyone would like to see them. @Overhead Fred’s butterfly pictures were amazing!  

I wear jeans when I go out and about and have different colors, black, blue, gray, white.  And all are stretchy with elastic waist bands, so very comfortable. 

I wouldn’t have wanted to live through prohibition, I enjoy my wine. So Gerry @ger_77, I’m with you on that!

I like lentils and probably would like the first recipe. I liked that the writer gave suggestions for different variations. Thank you for the recipes Debbie @dfish

I found an old pair of granny glasses, aka half glasses readers, that are working better than my regular prescription glasses for reading. I’ll have to invest in a good pair and some sunglasses soon. The surgeon said to wait a month for a new prescription though. 

Congratulations on the new birth in your family Charlene @cunnorl!  What an exciting arrival and welcome to her new world that was!  Didn’t you say that she was breach at one point?  That must have corrected since the birth was so quick. 

Bon Voyage @GTVCRUISER!  

Have a great day!

• Like 33

1 hour ago, ger_77 said:

Good morning, thanks for the Fleet Report and Daily!  No ninas around here - at least I don't think there are . . .   Bless all who volunteer their time doing things for others, without you, very little would get done.  DH and I wear blue jeans daily - except when we have to dress up; we both find them the most comfortable pieces of clothing we own.

Regarding today in history:  I for one am glad prohibition was dropped - anyone else?

@seagarsmokerI'm glad the interview went well - hopefully you're among the first to be called for the second round.  BTW, is today's photo from Dominica?

@GTVCRUISERBon Voyage!

@kazube careful on the streets today as you & Ivan head out!

@cunnorlcongratulations on your grand-niece's safe arrival - welcome Maeve Grace!

Prayers for everyone who is in need, cheers to all with celebrations.

Smooth Sailing!  ☺️☺️☺️

Gerry

Thank you and yes it was from our HAL cruise last month. 

• Like 21

38 minutes ago, aliaschief said:

I dunno?? Drugs? Yeah! Blame it on the pain meds.

I was going to suggest that you blame it on the pain meds 😉  😄

30 minutes ago, cunnorl said:

Maeve Grace. The one that was in a hurry to be born! 17551C72-3817-4F02-8573-590CD769E93E.thumb.jpeg.801a6b02750cc6d1fcdb5be5106d93f8.jpeg

OH, she's just beautiful!  Thanks for sharing. 🙂  

• Like 22

Good morning to everyone and thanks for the daily and fleet reports. I do love my jeans!  The recipe looks yummy!!

IMG_2471.thumb.jpeg.687a7d555af85001253de3e8d64fb8c1.jpeg

@seagarsmoker 🤞

Thinking about Baby Murphy!  And the new little one is adorable!

I went to a cooking demo yesterday. I enjoyed it immensely. Didn’t go to the Step One as I have seen them several times but others said they were great!

IMG_2439.thumb.jpeg.8fe82733e873cadbe5777fd910e166d3.jpegIMG_2445.thumb.jpeg.093ea2167dcafd28b4373234b4a47133.jpeg

Second sea day on our way across the Pacific. We are rocking and rolling but I find it fun. Went to the MDR for dressy night Had a great meal but watching the service….. let’s just say there were some glitches for several tables but not ours. I was sitting in the fixed dining area as I joined a couple who I met on board.

IMG_2451.thumb.jpeg.d538a13bda2c7a996a48f850d69a5aab.jpegIMG_2452.thumb.jpeg.c6f6f29b61fd691b264927b79d3d9ddb.jpegIMG_2455.thumb.jpeg.57d38a8f6bb77cf828eff205476d385f.jpeg

The head F&B Manager saw me last and asked if the Maitre’d had talked to me as he was looking for me. I said no but when I got to my cabin I had 2 phone calls. They will take off the charge and today I must go find him to say thank you. I also found out the gentleman sitting with the F&B Mgr when I talked to him originally was from corporate!!  🥴

I really like this ship!!

Thoughts for all on the care list and cheers to those celebrating!  Bon Voyage @GTVCRUISER

have a great day everyone!!

• Like 26
  • Thanks 2

@cunnorlcongratulations!  Welcome to a beautiful new baby!  Our DGD has the same middle name! 

Love my blue jeans, black…. It’s part of the Cowboy tuxedo here in the west.
my niece even had a wrangler wedding, lol! 

We’re having a lovely day today. So sorry for the east and the west, but we have no snow and plus 16 Celsius!  

We visited our DGD  dog rescue adoption event.   It was interesting to see this tiny but strong girl wrangling the creatures, one a nine month old Cane Corso that definitely outweighed her. 

After  several hours of looking a week ago, and hundreds of kilometres driven we were lucky this week to see a snowy owl on our way home from the pet adoption. 

I’ll show you my Iphone 15 pro, compared with the Nikon Pro. 

image.thumb.jpeg.8bbe75fb6d0ab997c1123d378a6afd36.jpeg

DSC_1152.jpeg

DSC_1153.jpeg

Edited by bennybear
  • Like 26
  • Thanks 6

1 minute ago, bennybear said:

@cunnorlcongratulations!  Welcome to a beautiful new baby!  Our DGd has the same middle name! 

Love my blue jeans, black…. It’s part of the Cowboy tuxedo here in the west.
my niece even had a wrangler wedding, lol! 

We’re having a lovely day today. So sorry for the east and the west, but we have no snow and plus 16 Celsius!  

We visited our DGD  dog rescue adoption event.   It was interesting to see this tiny but strong girl wrangling the creatures, one a nine month old Cane Corso that definitely outweighed her. 

After  several hours of looking a week ago, and hundreds of kilometres driven we were lucky this week to see a snowy owl on our way home from the pet adoption. 

DSC_1152.jpeg

DSC_1153.jpeg

I love snowy owls!!  Beautiful!

• Like 16
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, cunnorl said:

Maeve Grace. The one that was in a hurry to be born! 17551C72-3817-4F02-8573-590CD769E93E.thumb.jpeg.801a6b02750cc6d1fcdb5be5106d93f8.jpeg

She looks so peaceful - and beautiful 🙂 

2 minutes ago, bennybear said:

DSC_1152.jpeg

DSC_1153.jpeg

Fantastic photos. And beautiful 🙂 

• Like 19
  • Thanks 1

@bennybear I am slow, and dont know much abut photography and cameras.  I have always enjoyed your photos.  Which one was taken with the Nikon?

DH had a rough time.  They. have him wearing a sock on his left hand, so that he doesnt use it at all today.  He does keep nodding off, and since he went off to the bathroom 10 minutes ago, I will check on him in 10 more.  They will be doing an angioplasty on his right leg on January 3rd.   I feel sometimes like it's always something, but if it wasn't would it be living?

Edited by marshhawk
  • Like 23
  • Thanks 3

2 hours ago, Cruising-along said:

Good morning all!

100% rain all day today, and it will be another 8 days before we have no chance of rain.  Yes it does rain a lot here in the Evergreen State 😉  

Interesting days -- we live in a very casual area and everyone wears blue jeans (I also have black jeans).  When I'm home and if it's cold, I may even throw on some sweat pants.  I'll pass on the meal and drink, but I've liked every Albarino I've ever had.  Have not been to this port.  

Bruce @aliaschief I was confused this morning too, LOL.  How on earth did you find a year-old thread?  I hope you feel better soon.

@GTVCRUISER Bon Voyage!

Charlene @cunnorl Congratulations on the birth of your Grand-Niece!  

Lorraine @cruising sister I know how you feel.  I'm not worried about forgetting to pack something, but more worried I'll forget to do something before we leave (like mail, garbage, bills, etc. etc. etc.)  Thank you for the update on baby Murphy.  She's a fighter!

I think I know how Bruce @aliaschief found the Nov. 28, 2022 Daily.  It's the second link on the port of the day (Port Louis, Maritius), so he must have sleepily clicked on it by mistake and added his post this morning.  I'll have to go see if they decide to lock that thread along with yesterdays.  (Nope, that one is still open - but yesterday's Daily is locked).

1 hour ago, cunnorl said:

She is absolutely beautiful!  Grace is my younger DGD's middle name too.

Edited by StLouisCruisers
  • Like 22

12 minutes ago, marshhawk said:

@bennybear I am slow, and dont know much abut photography and cameras.  I have always enjoyed your photos.  Which one was taken with the Nikon?

The first one is the cellphone, it’s impossible to get a good shot even with the new zoom and better iPhone pro.   The Nikon professional with the serious telephoto is my DH’s I can barely lift the thing, lol! 

I am hoping your DH feels better soon!  You two deserve a break!  

@Nickelpenny @kazu@puppycanducruise@marshhawkThanks for the nice comments, we sometimes spend hours looking for these birds so it was such a gift to find one on our way home,  glad we had the big camera with us. 

Edited by bennybear
  • Like 19

1 hour ago, Sharon in AZ said:

Good morning everyone and Happy Tuesday from Tucson. Today’s high should be 79F. 

I posted some pictures from Aruba last evening on yesterday’s Daily if anyone would like to see them. @Overhead Fred’s butterfly pictures were amazing!  

I wear jeans when I go out and about and have different colors, black, blue, gray, white.  And all are stretchy with elastic waist bands, so very comfortable. 

I wouldn’t have wanted to live through prohibition, I enjoy my wine. So Gerry @ger_77, I’m with you on that!

I like lentils and probably would like the first recipe. I liked that the writer gave suggestions for different variations. Thank you for the recipes Debbie @dfish

I found an old pair of granny glasses, aka half glasses readers, that are working better than my regular prescription glasses for reading. I’ll have to invest in a good pair and some sunglasses soon. The surgeon said to wait a month for a new prescription though. 

Congratulations on the new birth in your family Charlene @cunnorl!  What an exciting arrival and welcome to her new world that was!  Didn’t you say that she was breach at one point?  That must have corrected since the birth was so quick. 

Bon Voyage @GTVCRUISER!  

Have a great day!

Sharon wait a few weeks.  Allen's vision changed to needing no glasses at all and he had bad vision.

• Like 20

Good morning, 

We're experiencing an "atmospheric river" in our area of the Pacific Northwest. The rain is coming down hard and the gutters are overflowing. Our local river, the Skagit, is under Flood Warning and the town of Mount Vernon is erecting the flood barriers on the revetment. Fortunately I'm high enough I shouldn't be affected unless one of the small rivers goes over. I'll find out when I go to town for physical therapy in a bit. 

The tree is up and most of the dust collectors are out or ready to be. I need to get the Canadian Christmas cards done because it takes almost 2 weeks for the cards to get there! I'm still working on the Christmas letter but aim to finish in the next day or two. 

@cunnorl Congratulations on the arrival of Maeve Grace! She's gorgeous and what a dead if dark hair. 

Have a good day and stay dry! 

Karen

• Like 25

2 hours ago, Sharon in AZ said:

Bon Voyage @GTVCRUISER!  

Have a great day!

I just had my appointment with my own eye doctor this morning. She did give me a new prescription so I can get progressive lenses for the reading part. The top will be almost window glass. I hate having to put glasses on and take them off as I do different things. They are filing the request with our DMV to get the eyeglass restriction removed from my driver’s licence. This after 65 years of wearing glasses every day and still struggling. I had a very high minus prescription because I was so nearsighted. I waited 4 weeks post surgery.

• Like 20

32 minutes ago, luvteaching said:

Good morning, 

We're experiencing an "atmospheric river" in our area of the Pacific Northwest. The rain is coming down hard and the gutters are overflowing. Our local river, the Skagit, is under Flood Warning and the town of Mount Vernon is erecting the flood barriers on the revetment. Fortunately I'm high enough I shouldn't be affected unless one of the small rivers goes over. I'll find out when I go to town for physical therapy in a bit. 

The tree is up and most of the dust collectors are out or ready to be. I need to get the Canadian Christmas cards done because it takes almost 2 weeks for the cards to get there! I'm still working on the Christmas letter but aim to finish in the next day or two. 

@cunnorl Congratulations on the arrival of Maeve Grace! She's gorgeous and what a dead if dark hair. 

Have a good day and stay dry! 

Karen

When we had all that rain last week I told hubby we needed our gutters cleaned --- our lawn guys came out Friday & did it ---- I'm SO glad!

• Like 15

Good afternoon. Thanks for the Fleet Report/Daily @richwmn.

Haven't ever seen any ninjas. Volunteers are so important. Blue jeans deserve a day! I like the quote. Maybe on the meal, pass on the drink and wine. I haven't been to Port Louis.  3 interesting days in history.

It's cloudy and cool here, with occasional snow flurries. A bit more snow tonight. Same lack of sleep last night, although I got an hour nap yesterday afternoon. I had a hair appointment today. I debated about driving to it (it's around the corner) or just crossing the alley and going in their back door. I did the latter, and my stylist was just pulling in. I have PT a little later. Still no word on the MRI results yet. I appreciate all the thoughts and prayers.

@seagarsmoker I hope you make it to the second round of interviews.

@marshhawk I hope all goes well for DH's appointment. Sorry he's having a rough time after the tests. We have those covers on the street here too; and they stay way too long.

@rafinmd I hope you're feelin well, even if your energy isn't completely back.

@GTVCRUISER Bon Voyage!

@smitty34877  Lots of commotion at your house! Continued prayers for you and Tana.

@cunnorl Congrats to your niece on the birth of her DD. Oh my on her quick arrival. That's a nice name. Thanks for the picture of adorable Maeve Grace!

@cruising sister Thanks for the update on Murphy; hopefully this is a small bump in the road. I'm glad you're tolerating the new medication. Getting enough meds for a long trip can be challenging.

@StLouisCruisers I'm glad you got the excursion you wanted.

@ger_77 That Christmas Train sounds wonderful! Good news that Wayne was discharged and is feeling better.

@Mtn2Sea Great photos, thanks.

@bennybear Great photos of the snowy owl.

@luvteaching I hope you're not affected by flooding from the rain.

@superoma I was like you after my first cataract. No prescription in the top part. I too hate taking glasses off and on and just wanted to wear them. After the 2nd cataract, they put a prescription up top, but since my eyes are so different from each other, I couldn't tolerate it and went back to nothing for distance.

@HAL Sailer I hope things are ok with you two.

Prayers for the Care List and Cheers for those Celebrating.

• Like 18
  • Thanks 4