Tuesday December 5th, 2023 -- The Fleet Report and Daily

richwmn

Good morning, all.  Cold here today in SE PA.  DH just left with our nephew to get his driver’s license renewed.  He doesn’t drive but wants one anyway.

Trying to finish up shopping.  At this point in my life I don’t know what I would do without Amazon!

Have a great day.  Katherine 

• Like 28
  • Thanks 1

Good Morning from a bright and sunny day at the beach

A big salute to all volunteers. People want events but no one wants to help.  No Ninjas here. I rarely wear Blue Jeans, have 1 pair. 

It has been quite busy around here. But my news is my sweet niece had her baby. She was 3 weeks early and came a little quicker than expected. She was born at home with the help of the wonderful Paramedics! Her DH called my sister to say she was starting contractions. My sister went to get the 2 year old. She came around the street corner to police cars, ambulance, firetruck. The policeman said you must be Grandma, come meet your new granddaughter! My poor sister almost fainted!  But all s well. Baby weighed in at 7 pounds!  Mom and baby were bundled off to the local hospital. My niece is an ER nurse at Bostons largest hospital.  Her name is Maeve Grace. Grace is because all went well because of the Grace of God.

Hope everyone is doing Ok.

Off to Orlando for a cut and color and some Christmas shopping.

Stay well and enjoy today

Charlene

• Like 39
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, seagarsmoker said:

Good morning Dailyites and thank you for the Daily Report!

My interview went well yesterday, timewise, I was the first of several more as I imagine it will be a while before I know if I have made it to the second round.

Starting to get some of the small items sorted out for our cruise. I printed our boarding pass and put the luggage tags in plastic holders. We will drive on December 16 to Florida and spend some time with my uncle and cousin whom we have not seen since doing this in March. Then get up early on Sunday morning, get on the turnpike and drive to Port Everglades. Will keep my toes crossed that entire drive we can get a parking spot in the Palm Garage in the port. If nothing is available, we will probably park at the airport and take a taxi to the port.     

I hope everyone has a wonderful day!

20231103_074136.jpg

Glad to see that you had a job interview - hope you get this  job if that is what you want.  For parking at the cruise terminal rather than worrying about there being a spot you can make a reservation to park at a number of  places near the airport and they have a shuttle to the cruise port.   https://parkbytheports.com/port-everglades-parking/https://www.bookparkngo.com/

• Like 21
  • Thanks 4

Good morning,

I missed posting yesterday but did read the daily. I am in hyper/panic mode getting organized for this big cruise. The days are flying by. 

Small update on Murphy. She caught an upper respiratory infection and had to up her CPAP. She is doing better and they hope to wean her back down soon. Feedings are progressing and she is on 75% breast milk. There will be many more ups and downs. 

I seem to be tolerating the new medicine. The side effects are scary but I have had none. There is no bad taste and I can take it with food. I just hope I can get enough for the whole trip. I am working on vacation overrides for my other meds. 

I hope Vanessa gets MRI results and there is a plane to help her pain. 

Prayers for those in need and have a great day. 

• Like 27
  • Thanks 6

17 minutes ago, cunnorl said:

A big salute to all volunteers. People want events but no one wants to help.  No Ninjas here. I rarely wear Blue Jeans, have 1 pair. 

It has been quite busy around here. But my news is my sweet niece had her baby. She was 3 weeks early and came a little quicker than expected. She was born at home with the help of the wonderful Paramedics! Her DH called my sister to say she was starting contractions. My sister went to get the 2 year old. She came around the street corner to police cars, ambulance, firetruck. The policeman said you must be Grandma, come meet your new granddaughter! My poor sister almost fainted!  But all s well. Baby weighed in at 7 pounds!  Mom and baby were bundled off to the local hospital. My niece is an ER nurse at Bostons largest hospital.  Her name is Maeve Grace. Grace is because all went well because of the Grace of God.

Charlene

Congratulations to all for a safe delivery of Maeve Grace. Very exciting!

• Like 28

Good morning everyone.  Thank-you for our daily dose of useful information.  Definitely be celebrating blue jeans by wearing them today.  I like the quote, many cannot for reasons beyond their control.  The lentils sound like a good side dish.  I might like today’s drink but I usually have to be in the mood for bananas.  I haven’t been to today’s port.  Prayers for everyone on our prayer list.  Cheers to those of you celebrating happy events today like @GTVCRUISER!

• Like 25

What in the world happened this morning??  I got an email that we had cleared a waitlist for an excursion on a HAL cruise this so I was advised to log in and purchase it ASAP.  I immediately went to an incognito page to log in and finish that task.  Well when I went to the cruise in question I couldn't get to the shore excursions.  Blank white page.  Tried several times!  

Then I went back to Chrome where HAL's website never works, and was able to sign in and go directly to that cruise's shore excursions, and purchased the waitlisted tours with no problem whatsoever!  I nearly fainted!  Bet I couldn't do that again for love nor money!😮

1 hour ago, marshhawk said:

Good Tuesday Morning Dailyites!  Up very early as DH has appointment and tests with the heart doc.

We moved the bed yesterday to block Tazi from going behind it and piddling (OMG!), We lowered the back headboard, and apparently didn't put the bed back in exactly old place, as I jammed my right baby toe on it in the middle of the night.

Currently 37 degrees, it says clear...too dark and cold to check right now.

I love the quote (makes me want to improve my behavior).

image.thumb.png.65d6bbc23bf530429ca41badc70a9a9d.png

@grapau27I was fascinated by the way the water company handled the leak and clean up.  In the county I live in, if there is a water leak, the water company comes out, digs it up, sort of fixes the problem, and then instead of filling the hole, they put a large metal plate over the hole.  People hate toi drive over the plate, as sometimes the plates shift.  Days can go by, even months, until they come out and fill in the hole, and take away the large metal plate.  By then, because the pipes have been exposed to all the elements again, they usually have to work on the pipes again.

This picture shows our type of repair, but not my neighborhood.  Does anyone else have this problem too?  Or is it a Georgia thing?

image.thumb.png.6f09c8db667d5b8f995d99cd1448d6a8.png

Good luck to Chuck today at the doctor appointment!  🤞  Yes, I've seen those metal plates, all over the country.  Missouri, Michigan, Ohio, Georgia.  I don't like driving over them either!

1 hour ago, richwmn said:
ARPANET

The Advanced Research Projects Agency Network was the first wide-area packet-switched network with distributed control and one of the first computer networks to implement the TCP/IP protocol suite. Both technologies became the technical foundation of the Internet. Wikipedia

Thanks Rich!  I bet I'm not alone in wishing I knew what all that means.  lol!

1 hour ago, Seasick Sailor said:

Good morning Daily-ites 

Yesterday I hopped on a tender and spent an hour walking around the beach and shops on Half Moon Cay. 

20231204_110602.thumb.jpg.319c3aa7da4eb5a533227218b06052f0.jpg

Morning sunrise on day 12 from the beautiful Rotterdam. 

20231205_062442.thumb.jpg.4d30d6e8f965e8d296ed8dd8f421cd39.jpg

Last night we had our first tree lighting ceremony and it was well attended.

20231204_191818.thumb.jpg.79f6892dd811f57c96bc4f0042c9360c.jpg

We will have another on the 16th or 17th after we turnaround in FLL. 

We were not very hungry, so skipped MDR and I hopped in and out of the pool til we shared a Dive In burger and had a few cocktails.

The next 2 days are sea days before venturing back to Williamstad on Dec 7th.

We attended the Caribbean trivia game last week, it wouldn't be fair to attend again, so looks like pool time til the Afternoon Tea.

Tonight is dressy night, 👗  I'll check the MDR menu for tonight at breakfast.

I'm prayerfully thinking of all in struggle and strife. Hoping our friends Tana, Murphy, Roy, Vanessa, Annie, Sandi's family and friends, and all others on Vanessa's well maintained list.

Have a Blessed day!

Thanks Joy!  I know your prayers have helped them all.🙏

1 hour ago, puppycanducruise said:

@GTVCRUISER Bon Voyage!

+1 @GTVCRUISER.  Have a great cruise!  Same to @RedneckBob in case I missed him and the Mrs. yesterday.

1 hour ago, kazu said:

Thanks for our Tuesday Daily, Rich

& thanks Dixie, Vanessa, Ann & Debbie.

Good collection of days especially Volunteer Day.  They are invaluable to our communities.  I wear jeans but not blue ones.  So I guess I have to wait for black jean day to celebrate LOL 😉  I like the Campbell quote.  Pretty sure a number of us would happily celebrate the date prohibition was repealed 😉    

IMG_1765.thumb.jpeg.a1a2243f3c7c41403a225038f793a57d.jpeg

Feeling a little weary from yesterday’s snow.  It was some heavy.  I did have some help, thankfully and Ivan has a path now in the back yard but I’m still feeling it.  He needs that path - he acts like he hasn’t seen snow before.  Very strange.  We’re definitely going to have a White Christmas.

IMG_1277.jpeg.aba2bfe77fd05ee0e8cf87cce355ed78.jpeg

Ivan’s vet visit and injection is today so I best get our morning routine completed and prep for the ‘fun’.  

Prayers for those on the Care list, those suffering losses, health problems, pain, worries & those that need them 🙏. Cheers to those celebrating and cruising 🥂 

IMG_1275.thumb.jpeg.84205da0462a79ddc078f76e1c73feea.jpeg

Have a good Tuesday everyone.

Jacqui I think black jeans should count so you're included today.  Hope the vet visit is oodles of "fun" for Ivan, you and the Vet staff!😄

59 minutes ago, smitty34877 said:

@GTVCRUISER, Bon Voyage!

@marshhawk, The utilities companies around here leave the metal plate down for ages before the holes are filled in and the street repaved. They certainly do it right in Canada and England.

Today the pipeline replacement company is right in front of the house and the dogs have expressed their outrage. The shingles came yesterday but so far the dumpster is missing. The way things are blocked off now, if they did try to get here they would have to back down the street that leads to here. There is very little turning room. Fun! 
We like lentils here and twenty minutes sounds like a minor miracle for meal prep. Things always take longer for me. I have worn jeans most for my life. Unfortunately the size has increased with age.I have tried other things and just don’t feel like myself in clothes that younger women wear nowadays.

We have not been to the port. I do remember my uncles describing the night Prohibition was repealed and the celebrations  that followed. 
Have a great day everyone.

Oh my Terry, just wait until the hammering starts on the roof, all day long!  The dogs will really be outraged by that time.  Wishing you and Tana a very good day.

23 minutes ago, cunnorl said:

Charlene

Wow, talk about an exciting day!  Nothing like a home birth with all the first responders in attendance to liven things up.  My best wishes for Maeve Grace, the new Mom and Dad, and the entire family. 👶

18 minutes ago, cruising sister said:

Good morning,

I missed posting yesterday but did read the daily. I am in hyper/panic mode getting organized for this big cruise. The days are flying by. 

Small update on Murphy. She caught an upper respiratory infection and had to up her CPAP. She is doing better and they hope to wean her back down soon. Feedings are progressing and she is on 75% breast milk. There will be many more ups and downs. 

I seem to be tolerating the new medicine. The side effects are scary but I have had none. There is no bad taste and I can take it with food. I just hope I can get enough for the whole trip. I am working on vacation overrides for my other meds. 

I hope Vanessa gets MRI results and there is a plane to help her pain. 

Prayers for those in need and have a great day. 

Prayers for Baby Murphy!  What a shame she came down with this respiratory infection!  She's a fighter though so hopefully things will continue to progress for her.  Good luck preparing for your big cruise!

Edited by StLouisCruisers
  • Like 31
  • Thanks 1

Good morning everyone.    Another late football game, another late start for me.   Thanks for the Daily and Fleet Reports @richwmn.    Thanks for the explanation of Ninja Day today for us @grapau27.  I volunteer for my garden club that focuses on education and community beautification.   I celebrate blue jeans my main uniform.  A great quote by Campbell and true for most people other than those persecuted for their religion.   I will toast to end of Prohibition.   

Thanks @JazzyV Vanessa, continued prayers for your healing from your leg pain.   @cruising sister thanks for the update on Baby Murphy.    Prayers for Dena and Wayne.   Prayers for everyone on the care list and those in war zones through no fault of their own, Ukraine, the innocents in Gaza and the remaining hostages.   

Bon Voyage @GTVCRUISER!   

image.thumb.png.0ee44f2c2f3eaebc7aab529feefc1655.png

It is snowing here but it is supposed to stay in the 30s so the roads will be fine.   A trip to the bank for us and I will try to get caught up at home, Christmas cards still waiting and packing my suitcase for the December pick up date.    Have a nice day!   Nancy 

• Like 29

Good morning, everyone!

It is a chilly gray morning here in mid-Michigan.  I have a zoom meeting at 11 and then need to make cookies for a Christmas party tomorrow night.  Then, a zoom meeting tonight at 7.  All in a day's work.  

@cunnorl Welcome to the world, Maeve Grace. 

@cruising sister I'm sorry to hear Murphy took a step backwards, but hopefully our little fighter will lick this quickly.   Deep breaths on getting ready for your cruise.  I always figure as long as I have my passport, meds, and credit card, I can buy anything I forgot to pack.  

@seagarsmoker I'm glad the interview went well.  

@aliaschief I hope the back issues resolve quickly.

@rafinmd Sounds like you are progressing nicely.  Don't push too hard before  you see your doctors.

@kazu Black jeans count.

Lentils should be in every diet in some amount.  They are an important ingredient for good health as they boost immunity and have strong anti-oxidant, anti-inflammatory, and neuroprotective properties.  They also help lower blood pressure and cholesterol, promote good gut health, and are a great source of folate and iron.  https://www.aheadofthyme.com/easy-20-minute-one-pot-lentils/

Onepotlentils.thumb.jpg.2370a007be78fc5344434601f8a299a2.jpg

While these are meant as a meal, I would agree that perhaps they are better as a side dish.  While this next dish says spiced lentils, the spices are warm spices and flavorful, not hot.  Adjust amounts to your taste.  https://iheartvegetables.com/simple-spiced-lentils/

onepotlentils2.thumb.jpg.a3c54ede17ff57110fc825957219b32a.jpg

This one adds veggies to the lentils. I think that would help to cut the starch just a bit and provide flavor to the dish.  https://ohsweetbasil.com/one-pot-vegetables-and-lentil-recipe/

onepotlentils3.thumb.jpg.482ee01d489041259d2f915b8aa00a1a.jpg

This one is a lentil stew or soup.   I think the additional ingredients help provide some interest to the dish.  https://www.aberdeenskitchen.com/2020/01/one-pot-vegetable-lentil-stew/

onepotlentils4.thumb.jpg.dc534160b54c94e7388b8ad27749ebc5.jpg

Wishing you all a wonderful day!

• Like 21
  • Thanks 12
  • Haha 1

Good morning, thanks for the Fleet Report and Daily!  No ninas around here - at least I don't think there are . . .   Bless all who volunteer their time doing things for others, without you, very little would get done.  DH and I wear blue jeans daily - except when we have to dress up; we both find them the most comfortable pieces of clothing we own.

Regarding today in history:  I for one am glad prohibition was dropped - anyone else?

@seagarsmokerI'm glad the interview went well - hopefully you're among the first to be called for the second round.  BTW, is today's photo from Dominica?

@GTVCRUISERBon Voyage!

@kazube careful on the streets today as you & Ivan head out!

@cunnorlcongratulations on your grand-niece's safe arrival - welcome Maeve Grace!

A busy day for us today - DH has a hair cut first thing this morning, I've got my monthly breakfast with retired colleagues, and late this afternoon is when the fun really begins.  The Canadian Pacific Christmas Train is rolling through our city around  7:30 this evening.  It's a 14 car train totally decked out with Christmas lights that stops at various places across the country where they collect items for the food banks.  One of the box cars opens up and there's a half hour musical performance by a group that's a lot of fun to see and hear.  We're going to pick up our friends (the one where he has post polio syndrome), will stop for hamburgers and drive over to one of the best viewing locations which is only about a mile from our house.  I'm making a big thermos of hot cocoa for us to enjoy while we're out there, and DH is packing lawn chairs for all of us as well.

Thank you again for your prayers for our friend Wayne - he was "granted parole" from the hospital yesterday, LOL, and DH went over to bring him back to his house.  He said he was feeling so much better since the cardioversion, and that the swelling in his legs should be continuing to subside over the next few days.  We'll check in on him later today to see if he needs anything.

We're not fans of lentils, so I'll pass on the menu suggestion; I'd like to try the drink of the day, and will give others today's wine selection.  For us, it appears we'll be enjoying hamburgers and the companionship of friends in the car tonight.  And wine when we get home.

Prayers for everyone who is in need, cheers to all with celebrations.

Smooth Sailing!  ☺️☺️☺️

Gerry

Edited by ger_77
  • Like 30
  • Thanks 2

Since DH had to be put under for these tests, I was sent home for a couple of hours. To quiet the grumbling tummy, I had a small slice of leftover quiche(it did have a soggy bottom).  Started a load in the washer (since the dryer takes two rounds since it's dying) i do one small load a day to stay ahead.

This doc always lets DH out too early-they need to let him "knock off the sleep" before they hand him back over to me.  Because then its watch time until he unfuzzes.  His balance has been off for the last couple of days, but when I mention that it is, he gets huffy.  There are chores that are requiring climbing a small ladder and I am not letting him do that.  So I will be doing that. Ugh.

@ger_77Your evening sounds very fun!  And I am happy to hear that your friend is doing better.  Is this the friend who met the new woman and they are taking a cruise with you?

@cunnorlCongratulations on  the new baby in the family (we are of course expecting pictures)

@seagarsmokerI too am glad that the interview went well.  Is it a place where you want to be?

@dfish and @JazzyV you both have been in my thoughts and prayers while you try to find medical help to get your diagnosis and repairs started.  

I wore a uniform in school, every afternoon when I got home, I would put on my blue jean overalls. I pretty much wear jeans for everything, and if two of my cats were not orange and white, I might be able to be brave and get black jeans.  That would be my dressy outfit.  But, my favorite pair is (and I ordered them from a child hood love) my Green Jeans.  (if you remember Captain Kangaroo).

Off to walk dog, and pick up the DH.  (the fuzzy DH)

• Like 30
  • Thanks 2

Good morning all!

100% rain all day today, and it will be another 8 days before we have no chance of rain.  Yes it does rain a lot here in the Evergreen State 😉  

Interesting days -- we live in a very casual area and everyone wears blue jeans (I also have black jeans).  When I'm home and if it's cold, I may even throw on some sweat pants.  I'll pass on the meal and drink, but I've liked every Albarino I've ever had.  Have not been to this port.  

Bruce @aliaschief I was confused this morning too, LOL.  How on earth did you find a year-old thread?  I hope you feel better soon.

@GTVCRUISER Bon Voyage!

Charlene @cunnorl Congratulations on the birth of your Grand-Niece!  

Lorraine @cruising sister I know how you feel.  I'm not worried about forgetting to pack something, but more worried I'll forget to do something before we leave (like mail, garbage, bills, etc. etc. etc.)  Thank you for the update on baby Murphy.  She's a fighter!

• Like 30

Good morning from Quartzsite.   The sun is up and it's mostly sunny.  It is 44F and feels like 43F with a 3 mph breeze.  Our high is supposed to be 73F, so I'll be changing into shorts later.  It should be a good day for hanging clothes on the line.  I'll probably have to use the dryer for more than the sheets since the laundry piled up while we were waiting for the washer parts and not enough room on the clothes line.  It's really nice to wash clothes and not worry about the washer trying to tear itself apart.  With the new sheets and mattress pad for the motorhome and two sets of sheets this time, I'll probably be washing some of those tomorrow.  I also hope to get the Christmas letter written so I can mail the cards tomorrow.  DH just said he wants to go for a drive thru breakfast in a little while, and I have no objections

Ninjas played an important role in Japan's history.  Volunteers are very important, and I volunteer at the DDs schools.  I'll definitely celebrate blue jeans.  They are the mainstay in my winter wardrobe.  I also have black, brown and cranberry jeans for a more dressy look.

I like the Joseph Campbell quote.

We'll pass on the meal, drink and the wine.

We have not been to Port Louis, Mauritius.

The California Gold Rust certainly boosted the state's economy.  I'll definitely celebrate the 1933 repeal of prohibition, probably with a glass of wine with dinner.  From the little I understand, the 1969 establishment of the Four-node ARPANET network made the internet and what we have on The Daily possible.  DH would understand Four-node ARPANET much better than I do.  Thank you, Rich @richwmn for adding the explanation.

@seagarsmoker  I'm glad the interview went well, and I hope you make the call back for the second phase.  If this is a job you want, then I hope they offer it to you.

@grapau27  Graham, thanks for the explanation of Ninjas.

@marshhawk  Annie, I hope your DH's tests don't show any surprises and that he comes out the sedation easily.  I've seen those metal plates in many places.  Our water main break last week was in the right-of-way beside the road.  It was still a gaping hole with orange cones around it Sunday.

@kazu  Jacqui, I'm glad Ivan has a path cleared in the back, and that the vet visit goes well.

@smitty34877  Terry, I hope the pipeline replacement does not delay the roof replacement too long.

@cunnorl  Charlene, that is good news about your niece's new baby.  Welcome to the world and more importantly, to The Fleet/Daily Maeve Grace.  I'm glad mother and baby are doing well.

@cruising sister  Lorraine, thanks for the update on Murphy.  I'm glad she is doing better and will be over the infection soon.  I'm happy you are tolerating the new medicine well.

@ger_77  Gerry, I'm happy that Wayne was discharged from the hospital yesterday.  The Christmas Train sounds interesting.

@StLouisCruisers Sandi, the weather in Phoenix looks good for this week.  The highs will be in the low 80s and then 70s until Saturday, when they are back in the 60s.

370918912_623218766599099_2021234627467378527_n.thumb.jpg.3a3d65e97d2c4ffbb65adf3f256b5980.jpg

405478358_10229167306020206_781269030190027343_n.thumb.jpg.a922e4fb83c5e3fdbd6406753cef2ffb.jpg

406195231_308033208814021_8905025904262237361_n.thumb.jpg.76de3973b98285a0ee7a71be32de8d1c.jpg

349757953_238071398843808_5372325097119317780_n.thumb.jpg.91af6a57d3d43e61a1e5261923374ac8.jpg

350349372_3030972743878089_7290461670811745618_n.jpg.33fd085b17aa74a6e585fec2c2067289.jpg

406430606_657541259901372_6286570378581649822_n.thumb.jpg.6aac7c4dd326e71d922433affac8e05c.jpg

Lenda

• Like 13
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 22

We visited today’s destination of the day, Port Louis, Mauritius, earlier this year while aboard the Zuiderdam.  Our tour was an overview of the island, with our first stop at the Trou aux Ceres Crater.  That area is very overgrown, but the stop did provide a panoramic view of the valley.  We next went to the Grand Bassin area, which is sacred to the Hindu community.  We next went to the Black River Gorges and a nearby waterfall.  Our last stop was at Seven Colored Earths, which is a unique geological area that shows soils layered in hues of yellow, blue and red.  The area was created by erosion that left behind iron and aluminum oxide in the soil, which resulted in the colored soil that will not support any vegetation.

IMG_4049.thumb.jpeg.8862328b06ca89840e3231aa6221e785.jpeg

IMG_4050.thumb.jpeg.10fd1d75c89884b6f218a44ed910a3c1.jpeg

IMG_4048.thumb.jpeg.b90a89b005ce2c5429b2fd414e6ff025.jpeg

IMG_4047.thumb.jpeg.a68de53fcf889b8e5a9f0fe35a0d4aa3.jpeg

IMG_4044.thumb.jpeg.27faca48c39444a930385eaf0dfe29f5.jpeg

IMG_4046.thumb.jpeg.32bd4876229bf9683d027e9351afe56d.jpeg

IMG_4045.thumb.jpeg.da579e8ef0332305a05e0d7e63612067.jpeg

IMG_4043.thumb.jpeg.d2be851f54876fac3fa6e38b55b1bbbe.jpeg

• Like 27
  • Thanks 8

It’s kind of a dreary day but we’re grateful to be with it. 

Blessed be the Volunteers!  My goals for working with the volunteer fire department for two decades was first, to learn how to take care of each other in our remote mountain abode, then to use that training to care for our neighbors and visitors in need. It was a lot of work, responsibility and commitment but it was rewarding. There are volunteers in all paths of life who make life better!  

Blessings to all in need, all in pain, all struggling with transitions, all the Cares List and all in harms way from weather and wars!  May today be better in some way! 

Blessings for those celebrating and traveling. Yay!  Life is Good!  Welcome Maeve Grace!  

Blessings for peace in our country, your country, all the world!  
Onward to try to pick up yesterday’s pieces and tackle today’s needs. One day at a time is Everything. M—

• Like 31

2 hours ago, cruising sister said:

Poor Baby Murphy.  Hopefully she continues to improve 🙏 

2 hours ago, cruising sister said:

That is good news.  I sure hope you can get your medicine for the entire trip 🤞 

2 hours ago, cunnorl said:

But my news is my sweet niece had her baby. She was 3 weeks early and came a little quicker than expected. She was born at home with the help of the wonderful Paramedics! Her DH called my sister to say she was starting contractions. My sister went to get the 2 year old. She came around the street corner to police cars, ambulance, firetruck. The policeman said you must be Grandma, come meet your new granddaughter! My poor sister almost fainted!  But all s well. Baby weighed in at 7 pounds!  Mom and baby were bundled off to the local hospital. My niece is an ER nurse at Bostons largest hospital.  Her name is Maeve Grace. Grace is because all went well because of the Grace of God.

Oh my heavens on your niece’s delivery!  So glad everyone is doing well 👍. Welcome to the world Maeve Grace 🙂 

1 hour ago, ger_77 said:

The Canadian Pacific Christmas Train is rolling through our city around  7:30 this evening. 

How wonderful that the CP train is stopping there.  Enjoy 🙂 

1 hour ago, ger_77 said:

Thank you again for your prayers for our friend Wayne - he was "granted parole" from the hospital yesterday, LOL, and DH went over to bring him back to his house.  He said he was feeling so much better since the cardioversion, and that the swelling in his legs should be continuing to subside over the next few days.  We'll check in on him later today to see if he needs anything.

Great news!  Wayne is lucky to have you two helping him out.

• Like 27
  • Thanks 1