Sunday December 10th, 2023 -- The Fleet Report and Daily

richwmn

Greetings from Jacksonville. 

I haven’t read the posts yet.

Just to say that we had a very safe trip with very little rain.

Right now it is pouring.  We got here before the rain.

Had dinner at the hotel.  Nothing to write about.

Hope everyone had a great Sunday.

First appointment is a 9:45 tomorrow.

God Bless,

Terri

• Like 19
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, marshhawk said:

We just watched Leaving the World Behind.....good thriller, but why do the end of the world movies always come out near Christmas?

We watched that last night!  Even though I've never been a fan of Julia Roberts, it sounded good....I have mixed feelings about it.  The ending was a letdown, for one thing (I won't say why, at risk of giving it away). But we were like "huh"???

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Cruzin Terri said:

God Bless,

Terri

Best wishes for your appointments, Terri.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, kazu said:

LOL Debbie - I might just try vacuuming Ivan to suck up his loose hair.  Not sure how he would react to it but it would be worth a try 😂 

Sue used the brush attachment.  Pippy loved it.

35 minutes ago, Quartzsite Cruiser said:

Dogs have such varied personalities and quirks it makes life interesting.

This same dog chewed down a pine tree in the yard one time.   My nephew put the dog out on a chain and then fell asleep on the couch.  The dog got wrapped around the tree several times and couldn't figure out how to get free except to get rid of the tree, so she chewed it down.  Actually, pretty good problem solving skills.  Yes, there were words spoken by my sister when she got home.

7 minutes ago, Cruising-along said:

We watched that last night!  Even though I've never been a fan of Julia Roberts, it sounded good....I have mixed feelings about it.  The ending was a letdown, for one thing (I won't say why, at risk of giving it away). But we were like "huh"???

We're going to watch that tonight.  I'll let you know what I think.

• Like 16

1 minute ago, dfish said:

Sue used the brush attachment.  Pippy loved it.

Thanks.

1 minute ago, dfish said:

This same dog chewed down a pine tree in the yard one time.   My nephew put the dog out on a chain and then fell asleep on the couch.  The dog got wrapped around the tree several times and couldn't figure out how to get free except to get rid of the tree, so she chewed it down.  Actually, pretty good problem solving skills.  Yes, there were words spoken by my sister when she got home.

Good for the dog.  At the risk of being castigated, I am going to put on my old SPCA hat for a minute.  No dog should ever be chained.  It’s an easy way to make a dog aggressive.  Chains are the worst as dogs can get hurt and are defenceless & they know it.  Just like a dog on a leash when someone ignores the rules and has their dog off leash & loose.

It’s why my backyard is fenced.  Once we got our first dog, Maverick - I knew I couldn’t tie him up and was tired of the deer eating my flowers so we sprung for the big bucks and the backyard was totally fenced.

the dogs were on invisible fencing but  the fence in the back  ensured their protection from raccoons, porcupines, coyotes, etc.  Ivan is the exception - he is not on it.  He associated the white flags with the lawn but he’s not out without supervision and coming back from the walk, I let him off leash at the bottom driveway and give him the ‘home’ command and he tears up the driveway to the front door.  He loves it - probably because there is a reward at the end. 😉 

• Like 15

Greetings from the Rotterdam. The good news from today was that Panama shore excursions left as scheduled starting 10:30 this morning. The ship docked in Colon as scheduled with tours returning to the ship and passengers able to disembark briefly before the 8:30 sail away. I didn't do a tour, but very happy for all who had one planned (as they had been cancelled on several previous partial-canal sailing.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 4

2 hours ago, kazu said:

Good for the dog.  At the risk of being castigated, I am going to put on my old SPCA hat for a minute.  No dog should ever be chained.  It’s an easy way to make a dog aggressive.  Chains are the worst as dogs can get hurt and are defenceless & they know it.  Just like a dog on a leash when someone ignores the rules and has their dog off leash & loose.

It’s why my backyard is fenced.  Once we got our first dog, Maverick - I knew I couldn’t tie him up and was tired of the deer eating my flowers so we sprung for the big bucks and the backyard was totally fenced.

the dogs were on invisible fencing but  the fence in the back  ensured their protection from raccoons, porcupines, coyotes, etc.  Ivan is the exception - he is not on it.  He associated the white flags with the lawn but he’s not out without supervision and coming back from the walk, I let him off leash at the bottom driveway and give him the ‘home’ command and he tears up the driveway to the front door.  He loves it - probably because there is a reward at the end. 😉 

You SPCA talk is pretty much the same one Sue had with her son.  There was a fence, but Pippy would climb it.   She had to be supervised at all times.  The fence was hopefully some protection from the bears.  There were a couple that wandered onto the property while Sue lived there.  

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, 57redbird said:

Just a quick request.... spine surgery (lumbar laminectomy & fusion) tomorrow....prayers would be greatly appreciated.  TIA!

🙏 for you and your team!  Just breathe and relax, you’re in good hands, and we’re all with you 😉

Maureen 

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Cruzin Terri said:

God Bless,

Terri

Terri, I'm glad you beat the rain today.  Best wishes for good test results tomorrow.

59 minutes ago, 57redbird said:

Just a quick request.... spine surgery (lumbar laminectomy & fusion) tomorrow....prayers would be greatly appreciated.  TIA!

Sending positive thoughts for a successful surgery and a good recovery tomorrow.  DH had the same surgery last year, and has been pain free since.  His pain was from sciatica.

Lenda

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, 57redbird said:

Oh my, best wishes for a successful surgery 🙏. Prayers are winging your way 🙏 

6 hours ago, john bowtie said:

Greetings from the Rotterdam. The good news from today was that Panama shore excursions left as scheduled starting 10:30 this morning. The ship docked in Colon as scheduled with tours returning to the ship and passengers able to disembark briefly before the 8:30 sail away. I didn't do a tour, but very happy for all who had one planned (as they had been cancelled on several previous partial-canal sailing.

Welcome to the Daily 🙂. Thank you for the good information 👍 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, john bowtie said:

Welcome to the Fleet Report/Daily.  We hope you'll join us in the future.

Lenda

• Like 4