Sunday December 10th, 2023 -- The Fleet Report and Daily

richwmn

Today is Dewey Decimal System Day, International Animal Rights Day, and National Lager Day

“So it's not gonna be easy. It's going to be really hard; we're gonna have to work at this everyday, but I want to do that because I want you. I want all of you, forever, everyday. You and me... everyday.” ― Nicholas Sparks, The Notebook  

Meal Suggestion for today - Coconut Lamb Curry
Drink of the Day - Cruzan Cranberry Cider Punch
Wine of the Day - Bear Flag Eureka Red Batch No 2
Destination of the Day - La Paz, Baja California, Mexico Pichilingue

Today in History:
1799 Metric system first adopted in France
1901 First Nobel Peace Prizes awarded to Red Cross founder Jean Henri Dunant and peace activist Frederic Passy

Ship Locations

Eurodam

At Sea Destination Philipsburg St Maarten, Netherlands Antilles eta 12-12

Koningsdam

Mazatlan, Sinaloa, Mexico Riviera 08:00 - 17:00

Nieuw Amsterdam

Freeport, Bahamas Dry Dock

Nieuw Statendam

Fort Lauderdale, Port Everglades, Florida 07:00 - 16:00

Oosterdam

At Sea Destination Stanley, Falkland Islands eta 12-11

Rotterdam

Panama Canal, Colon, Panama 06:00 - 07:00 ,17:00 - 21:00

Volendam

San Diego, California 07:00 - 15:00

Zaandam

Kourou, French Guiana 07:00 - 14:00

Zuiderdam

Banjul, Gambia 08:00 - 17:00

Eastern Hemisphere

Noordam

At Sea Destination Fiordland National Park, New Zealand eta 12-13

Westerdam

Phuket, Thailand 08:00 - 17:00

1210World.thumb.png.d45a84257e0a9871694d34113e958a33.png

• Like 23
  • Thanks 21

Today’s Care List:

Cruising sister’s great niece Murphy post-surgery, on CPAP

Sharon in AZ’s 2nd cataract surgery 

JazzyV with right leg pain, tingling and numbness

Marshhawk’s DH Chuck not feeling well

Cruzin Terri traveling to Jacksonville today; tests and appointments Monday and Tuesday

Hurricane victims in TN

Shootings in Las Vegas and Texas

Citizens of Ukraine, Israel and Gaza

All Dailyites going through worries and stress, whether mentioned or not

From the Rotation:

Rafinmd recovering from hospitalization

Tana’s pulmonary issues

Ottahand7’s DF John with shingles

Celebrations and Shoutouts:

Happy Birthday to cruising-along’s DH Henry!

Bon Voyage LAFFNVEGAS!

Bon Voyage Dobiemom!

Bon Voyage POA1!

Bon Voyage Lindaler!

Welcome Home Nickelpenny!

Welcome Home Haljo1935!

Cruising sister’s g-niece Murphy extubated, on CPAP & photo shared!

Cunnorl’s new niece Maeve Grace, Welcome to the World!

NextOne released by heart surgeon and on less meds

RMLincoln now at her new home/community in NJ

The Daily Gardening Club posting wonderful flower pictures

All the contributors to the Fleet Report/Daily

Upcoming Cruises or At Sea:

5 days for Suslor (Rottendam Dec 15 to Dec 22) Eastern Caribbean w/DGS

5 days for Crazy For Cats (Rotterdam Dec 15 to Dec 22) Eastern Caribbean

5 days for Ichiban Nekko (Rotterdam Dec 15 to Jan 5, B2B) 7d Eastern Caribbean + 14d Western/Tropical Caribbean

7 days for Seagarsmoker (Nieuw Statendam Dec 17 to Dec 27, Southern Caribbean)

GTVCRUISER (Koningsdam to Dec 16) Mexican Riviera & Sea of Cortez, RedNeckBob(Celebrity Reflection to Dec 17, B2B, Bimini, Grand Cayman & Mexico/ABC Islands), LAFFNVEGAS (Nieuw Statendam to Dec 17, E. Caribbean), Dobiemom (Nieuw Statendam to Dec 17, E. Caribbean), POA1 (Nieuw Statendam to Dec 17, Eastern Caribbean), Av8rix(Koningsdam to Jan 6, 11n Mexican Riviera & Sea of Cortez + 5n Mexico + 16n Circle Hawaii Holiday), Seasick Sailor (Rotterdam to Jan 14, 51d B2B2B2B PC Sunfarer + Eastern/Western Caribbean (14n) + Tropical/Southern Caribbean Seafarer (16n)) and Lindaler (Volendam to April 6, B2B) 24d Historical Baja Peninsula & Sea of Cortez Holiday + Jan 3 94d Grand Australia & NZ voyage)

• Like 21
  • Thanks 18

Good afternoon.

It is raining here and 6°C.

We had a lovely church service today.

Thank you for today's daily reports Rich @richwmn and excellent list collection Vanessa @JazzyV.

3 good days and quite today.

Today's food sounds delicious.

I hope everyone is safe and well and prayers 🙏 for those who are not well.

Best wishes for a nice day for everyone.

Edited by grapau27
  • Like 23

Good morning friends!  Rain started during the night and we are experiencing periods of heavy rain with occasional thunder and lightning.  It's 61F and will rise only a few degrees.  Rain will end this evening and temperatures will plummet into the 30's.  Definitely an out of the ordinary day!  My sympathy and prayers to those who experienced the tornado yesterday in Tennessee.

Thanks Rich @richwmn for today's Fleet Report and Daily.  Nice days to celebrate including the Dewey Decimal System, International Animal Rights Day and National Lager Day.  While I don't drink beer, I appreciate the library classification system and the rights of animals to be treated with respect.  A truthful quote by Nicholas Sparks, and my goodness, we seem to have a lot of coconut and curry recipes!  No thanks to the drink and wine.  Nice day to award the first Nobel Peace Prize in 1901.  I wonder if there was much resistance to the metric system in France back in 1799?  Thanks for our recipes and wine report today Debbie @dfish, Dixie @summer slope and Ann @cat shepard.

Prayers for the people suffering in Israel and Ukraine as well as the hostages and innocent people in Gaza.  Also for my DB and friends Scott and Bob and their wives who take such good care of them.  But special prayers for our Daily Care list group who have pain and health issues.  Hoping Vanessa @JazzyV is feeling better and got a few more hours sleep.  Prayers for Carol's @mamaofami DGS heading to Israel to help out.  Hopefully he is ineligible for active duty and can spend his time assisting the kibbutz. 🙏 Cheers to all cruising or preparing to cruise.  Bon Voyage to those embarking today!  May you all have enjoyable sailings and smooth seas.  Happy celebrations for those with birthdays and anniversaries.🥂 Thanks to Vanessa for compiling the C&C lists every day!❤️

Thank you Graham @grapau27 for the link to Father David's sermon.  I saw it on yesterday's Daily.  I'll be checking it out. 🙏

The port this morning is La Paz, Baja California, Mexico- Pichilingue.  This was the port most recently slightly over 3 weeks ago so may be familiar.  The previous dates are Nov. 27, 2021, July 25, 2022 and Nov. 17, 2023.  We have not visited that Mexican port before.  Here are the links to previous dates which may help you to find your photos.

Have a safe and healthy day everyone!

• Like 29
  • Thanks 2

Cruzan Cranberry Cider Punch cocktail:

Ingredients
1 cup Cruzan® Aged Dark Rum
4 cups Apple Cider
2 cups Cranberry Juice
2 cups chilled Ginger Ale
2 tbsp Lemon Juice
½ cup Cranberry Simple Syrup
Garnish: Cranberries
Apple Slices

Instructions
For the Cranberry Syrup, combine cranberries and water in a saucepan and simmer until cranberries pop and split. Remove from heat and add sugar, stirring until it’s fully dissolved. Let cool.

For the punch, in a large pitcher combine the cranberry syrup mixture with the rest of ingredients except ginger ale. Store in the fridge for at least an hour. When ready to serve, pour into a rocks glass over ice and top with cold ginger ale. Stir to combine then garnish with cranberries and apple slices and serve.

Serves 8.

Screenshot 2023-12-10 at 7.16.07 AM.png

• Like 17
  • Thanks 11

Thank you for today’s FR & D, Rich! It is already 66 here this morning. High humidity & rain is expected. Temperatures should drop again tomorrow. Lately our temps have been crazy. 

IMG_2147.jpeg.4fc6c4caa994675922909987736ae7b3.jpeg

Vanessa, thank you for taking care of our lists so diligently. I pray that some day soon you are free of pain and get a great night’s sleep!

Gym, Aldi, Bindi walks, and chores should keep me busy!

IMG_2144.jpeg.4e6c49dd7271531acc19b7cb92fa43f1.jpeg

IMG_2129.jpeg.6fb62bf0b13dcd939ba473462e9d3ea2.jpeg

It appears that I can not reduce the size of this one and have the wording legible, so I apologize for the size of this next one….

IMG_2121.jpeg.f4a730fb9c4f0e8d0b281202ced1f441.jpeg

Prayers for all who need our support. Especially those suffering from debilitating pain and conditions. 

Cheers to all who are celebrating!

May we each find a reason to smile today!

2016 Bear Flag Eureka Red Batch No 2

This red blend packs a mouthful of flavor, though I do not remember any notes of “pencil lead”.😎. Smooth, almost full bodied, and a lovely finish. Widely available with online prices starting at $19.95.

90 points, Lisa Perrotti-Brown, Wine Advocate
The NV Eureka! Red Blend is made up of 57% Zinfandel, 12% Petite Sirah, 11% Syrah, 9% Cabernet Sauvignon, 3% Sangiovese and a small portion of other varieties, aged in both French and American oak. Deep garnet-purple colored, black raspberries, kirsch and wild blueberries notes come bounding out of the glass with nuances of pencil lead, spice box and dried Provence herbs plus a waft of camphor. Medium to full-bodied, the palate delivers loads of spicy black and red fruit preserves flavors, finishing long and savory. 6,300 cases produced.

Edited by cat shepard
  • Like 21
  • Thanks 8
  • Haha 3

Good Morning, thanks for today’s daily fleet report.  Today’s temperatures should get into the 60’s before the cold front comes through and drops a lot of rain with strong winds.  A Target run is in order this morning, just waiting for the email letting me know the order is ready for pickup.  On the way home a Kohl’s stop is in order since we both have a 40% off coupon.  I’m pretty sure I’d like today’s meal suggestion but most likely would only get it on a BHB.  I hope everyone has a good day today.

2019 San Juan 

66C5D989-9EB0-4528-9F54-C39CFB5ABE67.thumb.jpeg.16ec513a96931da72dd8cb6749fd2f89.jpeg

• Like 31
  • Thanks 1

Thanks for our Sunday Daily, Rich

and thanks to Ann, Dixie, Debbie & Vanessa.

I’ll celebrate Dewey Decimal System day since I worked in a library for a number of years while in school & University.  Animal rights day should be every day IMO.  I really like the Sparks’ quote.  Love lamb but not a fan of curry so I suspect I will pass on the meal but I always wait for Debbie’s description first as I have been fooled a few times 😉 

IMG_1307.thumb.jpeg.10d6608e59509bfb4f0e65e076548892.jpeg

it’s going to be a “fun” couple of days here weather wise.  We expect high winds and loads of rain later today and tomorrow.  For whatever reason, our wind gusts are going to be very high - just below hurricane strength.  The storm is coming up the Eastern Seaboard.  I hope everyone in its path can be safe.  Once it passes, the temperatures will plummet back down.  

IMG_1306.jpeg.4d1193d48d222b6b1b72ccf286c8d2d8.jpeg

A bit of Christmas cheer for the Gardening Club.  The first amaryllis flower has begun.  this is Day 1:

IMG_2554.thumb.jpeg.828591e7a37846be2921183d5fcd85b9.jpeg

IMG_2555.thumb.jpeg.a83237b72fc66e080bb1bcbc1cfb0184.jpeg

Prayers for those on the Care list, those suffering losses, health problems, pain, worries & those that need them 🙏 Cheers to all celebrating and cruising 🥂 

IMG_1305.thumb.jpeg.5878dc8bd6f9c897d9b39df39615b7bb.jpeg

Have a good Sunday everyone.

• Like 25
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 10

35 minutes ago, puppycanducruise said:

@LAFFNVEGAS  @dobiemom  @POA1  @Huskerchick  @lindaler

BON VOYAGE! 

Thank you! Even though we've been watching the ships steam in past us for 16 years, it's still very exciting when you know, "That one's mine!"

Huge thanks to everyone who posts in the daily fleet report. I don't get to read it every day, but when I do, it always brightens my morning.

• Like 35

1 minute ago, POA1 said:

Thank you! Even though we've been watching the ships steam in past us for 16 years, it's still very exciting when you know, "That one's mine!"

Huge thanks to everyone who posts in the daily fleet report. I don't get to read it every day, but when I do, it always brightens my morning.

Thanks for your contributions and friendship, enjoy your cruise!

• Like 26

It has rained steadily most of the night with occasional thunderstorms. Pretty much what we can expect throughout the day followed by a cold front.

Church will be on-line from home this morning. It is just pouring outside.

Thanks for the Fleet Report. Bruce

image.thumb.jpeg.c526a2b5154b55b44dd5536069b40c90.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.fe61155e84e05f0338ed3bd6b0194794.jpegimage.jpeg.f11b0d59ec3232d22fa303ba23c11662.jpegimage.jpeg.a3a9fc407faed5b63af04eed0c76977e.jpegimage.jpeg.b7ee3292ee602bc2f9367e90e7bfd9ce.jpegimage.jpeg.e5106598a70ba17acbcc6e266ff42852.jpegimage.jpeg.89449f6b910f9d110971666b0d982d58.jpeg

• Like 11
  • Haha 23