Sunday December 10th, 2023 -- The Fleet Report and Daily

richwmn

Good morning to all. Sunny here and it is supposed to warm up into the mid-40's. It was 13 when the dogs and I went out so we were a bit rushed. Will try again later.

I would take the meal in heartbeat.... love lamb, love curry and love coconut. Hope someone else would do the cooking. Right now I am culling the frig and the freezer so I am not sure about supper tonight. Sunday's are always a surprise anyway.

I continue packing. My labels for luggage forward are supposed to arrive tomorrow according to UPS. Some of the comments on packing by others on our roll call make me feel a bit better. I just need some time to concentrate on the task and suddenly people from the condo, the kennel club and the shelter realize I am going to be gone and have a thousand and one issues and questions. I think I will start not answering phone.

Best wishes to all.... I need to go move some laundry from the washer to the drier and then wash a couple of rugs. I have my goals set for what should be accomplished by the end of each day for the next few days. Once my luggage leaves, it will take some stress off.

My best to all sailing away and to Henry, Happy Birthday!!! Hopefully we can all feel better as this week progresses and doctors appointments will produce solutions, not more issues. Take care all.

Susan

• Like 23
  • Thanks 1

Good morning everyone and Happy Sunday from Tucson. I’m recovered from my cataract surgeries but still have lots of drops, I have a schedule to follow that the surgeon gave me. It took a few days to get over the nausea from the anesthesia. I’m never going to forget to ask for preventative anti nausea meds again.  I haven’t driven yet because my depth perception is off. I think that’s going to take time.  

We are behind on our Christmas decorating, I lost a lot of time because of the surgery, so we are trying to catch up. I ordered some fairy lights and they arrive tomorrow. We didn’t have enough last year.  We have a huge windowsill in the kitchen and I like to decorate it and add the lights. Craig has them on his village scene and the Nativity. 

I will pass on the meal suggestion today. I ordered monkfish and found a new recipe with pasta that I hope turns out good. I’ve eaten it before in restaurants but never made it myself. 

Lenda @Quartzsite Cruiser, specialty dining on Valentine’s Day hasn’t been available to book since I booked back in early January. It’ll probably be available once onboard as a special prefix menu. That is what happened on our holiday cruise two years ago on the Rotterdam. We went New Year’s Eve to the Pinnacle Grill and while it was good and we enjoyed it, it wasn’t something that we want to do again unless the menu calls to me. 

Bon Voyage to Linda @lindaler, @POA1, @dobiemom, @LAFFNVEGAS!!  Enjoy. 

Carolyn @Cruising-along, please tell Henry Happy Birthday from us!

@Denise T, our dog Blue is just like your dog. He sleeps in and eats about 11:00 am. He’s a good napper too, so I guess that makes him lazy too. 

Have a great day!

• Like 25
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Cruising-along said:

Good morning all!

First of all, DH and I want to say thank you for all the birthday wishes!  @grapau27, @StLouisCruisers, @kazu, @Cruisercl, @rafinmd, @ger_77, @dfish, @puppycanducruise, @RMLincoln, @Quartzsite Cruiser, and @cunnorl all very much appreciated. 🙂  

After last year's "big birthday" and celebration, this year will be low-key.  We'll celebrate his birthday more on our family's  early Christmas a week from today (early because we'll be kinda self-isolating before the cruise).  This year is definitely not the usual. 😉  But he's been wanting dinner from PF Chang, so that's what we'll do tonight.

I'll pass on the meal today -- I do love lamb, but it would be ruined for me if it had coconut and curry.  The drink sounds good, will pass on the red wine.  I don't think we've been to this port.

We have distant relatives in TN who thank goodness are OK even though the tornado came through their town.  It was a stressful time for them! Prayers for all affected.

Bon Voyage @LAFFNVEGAS, @POA1, @dobiemom and @lindaler!

Pass on a Happy Birthday to Henry for me. 🎂 Bruce

• Like 18
  • Thanks 1

What a surprise to get on the computer this morning and find out I'm going on a cruise. I just got back less then three weeks ago. I don't have another cruise planned until mid 2024.  I do appreciate the well wishes but plan to stay here for family for a while. Sorry I haven't been on much. Dealing with a minor family crisis.

• Like 12
  • Thanks 7
  • Haha 2

Good afternoon. Thanks for the Fleet Report/Daily. 

I'll salute the Dewey Decimal System that I learned as a kid. Animal Rights are so important; just on our local news were some abandoned, malnourished puppies that it's thought were bred to sell for Christmas and abandoned in a box on the street when they became ill. They're now being cared for, for eventual adoption. I like a cold lager on a hot summer day. I like the quote. Yes to the meal and wine, pass on the drink. I haven't been to La Paz. 2 good days in history.

It's cloudy, with off and on rain showers, some quite hard. I opened my rollator that came yesterday and checked it out. I slept about the same, 4 hours. Lots of pain when I get out of bed. No real plans today. My football team isn't playing, but I'll still watch some other teams. This week will be busy with 4 medical appointments, plus PT twice.

Bon Voyage @LAFFNVEGAS @dobiemom @POA1 @Huskerchick!

Welcome Home @Nickelpenny @Haljo1935!

@Cruising-along Happy Birthday to your DH Henry! I'm glad your family in TN is ok.

@Seasick Sailor Enjoy the transit through the Panama Canal.

@kazu Lovely amaryllis. 

@ger_77 Not unexpected, but sad that Wayne and Fran won't make the cruise this time. Nice that DGS got to see the train, and appreciated it. Enjoy the dinner with DH's family. Killer coleslaw?

@dfish Sorry to hear of the lockdown at Ellamary's facility. Around here it seems there's lots of flu - the highest county incidence in PA! 

@RMLincoln Prayers for DH with his increased eye pressure; I hope he can reach out and get some guidance. 

@Quartzsite Cruiser Nice La Paz photos. 

@AroundWithMAPTravels Thanks for the photos.

@Sharon in AZ I'm glad you're doing well after your surgery. Sorry about the nausea from the anesthesia.

@lindaler Sorry about the error. You were on Jacqui's future cruise listing.

Prayers for the Care List and Cheers for those Celebrating.

• Like 20
  • Thanks 5

42 minutes ago, JazzyV said:

Yes I had lindaler on it and for the sailing on January 3 😳

1 hour ago, lindaler said:

What a surprise to get on the computer this morning and find out I'm going on a cruise. I just got back less then three weeks ago. I don't have another cruise planned until mid 2024.  I do appreciate the well wishes but plan to stay here for family for a while. Sorry I haven't been on much. Dealing with a minor family crisis.

it seems the confusion is from my future cruise listing.  I have you on a B2B and sailing in early January on the Grand..  It sounds like these should be removed if you have no cruise plans until mid 2024.  Sorry about that 😞 

Sorry to hear about the family crisis. 😞. Hope it is truly minor and not a big problem 🤞 

• Like 19

7 hours ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Good morning friends!  Rain started during the night and we are experiencing periods of heavy rain with occasional thunder and lightning.  It's 61F and will rise only a few degrees.  Rain will end this evening and temperatures will plummet into the 30's.  Definitely an out of the ordinary day!  My sympathy and prayers to those who experienced the tornado yesterday in Tennessee.

Thanks Rich @richwmn for today's Fleet Report and Daily.  Nice days to celebrate including the Dewey Decimal System, International Animal Rights Day and National Lager Day.  While I don't drink beer, I appreciate the library classification system and the rights of animals to be treated with respect.  A truthful quote by Nicholas Sparks, and my goodness, we seem to have a lot of coconut and curry recipes!  No thanks to the drink and wine.  Nice day to award the first Nobel Peace Prize in 1901.  I wonder if there was much resistance to the metric system in France back in 1799?  Thanks for our recipes and wine report today Debbie @dfish, Dixie @summer slope and Ann @cat shepard.

Prayers for the people suffering in Israel and Ukraine as well as the hostages and innocent people in Gaza.  Also for my DB and friends Scott and Bob and their wives who take such good care of them.  But special prayers for our Daily Care list group who have pain and health issues.  Hoping Vanessa @JazzyV is feeling better and got a few more hours sleep.  Prayers for Carol's @mamaofami DGS heading to Israel to help out.  Hopefully he is ineligible for active duty and can spend his time assisting the kibbutz. 🙏 Cheers to all cruising or preparing to cruise.  Bon Voyage to those embarking today!  May you all have enjoyable sailings and smooth seas.  Happy celebrations for those with birthdays and anniversaries.🥂 Thanks to Vanessa for compiling the C&C lists every day!❤️

Thank you Graham @grapau27 for the link to Father David's sermon.  I saw it on yesterday's Daily.  I'll be checking it out. 🙏

The port this morning is La Paz, Baja California, Mexico- Pichilingue.  This was the port most recently slightly over 3 weeks ago so may be familiar.  The previous dates are Nov. 27, 2021, July 25, 2022 and Nov. 17, 2023.  We have not visited that Mexican port before.  Here are the links to previous dates which may help you to find your photos.

Have a safe and healthy day everyone!

Thank you Sandi.

I know some of our dailyites are 10+ hours behind me in the UK so I posted Father David's sermon before going to church this morning as a courtesy for them.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

@SanDiegian I love your pet's picture.

I apparently destroyed all the animals rights in this house today.  I vacuumed.  Bobaginegee is hiding behind the washing machine, which is on right now, and cycling heavily.  I wouldn't hide behind it.  Tazi has  moved from under the futon, to under the cover on the futon.  This is an improvement, as I don't have to climb on my hands and knees to find her, and then pray to be able to get up off the floor.

@ger_77I too want to know what killer coleslaw is.  I love most coleslaws, but don't want to eat one that will take me out.  I had ribs last night, my favorite food.  I would have made a good cavewoman.  I like food I can eat with my fingers.

• Like 19
  • Haha 2

13 minutes ago, marshhawk said:

I apparently destroyed all the animals rights in this house today.  I vacuumed.  Bobaginegee is hiding behind the washing machine, which is on right now, and cycling heavily.  I wouldn't hide behind it.  Tazi has  moved from under the futon, to under the cover on the futon.  This is an improvement, as I don't have to climb on my hands and knees to find her, and then pray to be able to get up off the floor.

LOL - I WISH Ivan was like most of my other dogs and escaped outside when I vacuum.  he thinks it is great and tries to head butt it.  I am not joking - it’s a big game to him.  It’s a struggle to vacuum and keep him away.  The only other dog it didn’’t faze was Miko but he just followed it - he didn’t try to butt it.  

1 hour ago, lindaler said:

Thank you, I changed that cruise about 9 months ago because I knew I would need to be here to help with family.  Sorry for the confusion. I wish I was on the grand cruise because it is so cold here but family is family.

Thanks.  I’ll get the other ones removed.  

And yes family comes first ❤️ 

35 minutes ago, SanDiegian said:

Everyday is Animal Rights Day in my homeimage.thumb.jpeg.ee51bc7fbde89a14591a734cc1e5170c.jpeg

Sweet face ❤️ 

• Like 20

Good afternoon everyone, 

It's a cloudy day here but no rain at the moment - it must have all happened yesterday! The symphony was wonderful last night. I saw two instruments I wasn't familiar with. One was a celesta and was used during the selections from The Nutcracker. The other was a contrabass saxophone. That thing was so big! It was almost as tall as the gentleman playing it (in You're A Mean One Mr. Grinch) and I think a small child could have fit in the bell. What deep tones it had! 

Today is hang out at home, get some cards and wrapping done, and watch the ships leave Port Everglades. 

Karen

• Like 23

Good afternoon rom a warming Quartzsite.  We made a trip to Parker today to get some things in preparation for Christmas when older DD and DSIL will be here.  That way, we only have to go to Blythe just before Christmas.  I managed to find all but two things.  It seems they don't stock frozen hush puppies or key lime juice in this area even though I've found key lime juice at Safeway before.

This afternoon, I'll be raking the gravel, and trying to straighten some things up in the storage building.  I'm slowly working my way through the last few things that will really get us settled here.  If I keep up at this pace, I'll get finished about the time I'll need to start preparing to migrate back to Texas.  So I guess I better get my you know what in gear.

6 hours ago, marshhawk said:

Good Sunday Morning Dailyites!  The computer says it is 57 with rain, but the rain is gone from the north part of Atlanta, looks like @StLouisCruisershas a bit more coming her way.

@grapau27Thank you again for posting Father David.  His message seems to be for the whole world today.

@Vict0riannThank you for giving me the correct nerve word yesterday.  I do have hearing problems, and my PT person speaks with a strong southern accent, so I probably have been "mishearing " her for months.

Todays menu , um , no to lamb.  But the plans are to have baked salmon curry with shrimp, and  veggies for dinner tonight.  (I will throw the shrimp in last, as I don't want the curry to taste like shrimp, but like curry.) 

DH bought me a new flat cooking pan last night , and it will be french toast this morning!  Yeah!  French toast without Teflon attached to it.

Bon Voyage to all the cruisers today, I hope you have calm seas, and great adventures!

Today's chores are -put the giant wreath up on the front of the house (this usually involves taking things off the front of the house, things that get yellow jackets and ants living in them) making sure that all the lights work on it, get batteries for the smaller wreath by the door, and plastic wrap the porch so that the out door kitties have a warmer place to sleep at night. We put a space heater on tiles out there for them too.  So I vacuum the porch from all the cat fur out there, arrange the porch furniture so that there are no accidents with the heater and cats, and hope that they understand that the porch is for them to use until April.

Last night I checked out on the carport to see who might be eating all the leftover cat food.  I usually see some raccoons, or a small possum, or another cat,  but last night there was a possum so large that it could have been someone's pot belly pig.  It was huge.

image.png.633b75ec7ca66a301df0b6998d0ef1ce.png

image.png.1f490d01d4b2007ecbba25d09782afb4.png

image.png.e2285f0bb463ab72fc71f1d651f19a47.png

Annie, the feral cats are lucky to have a warm place to sleep in the summer.

5 hours ago, marshhawk said:

@Quartzsite CruiserI love the pictures of the whale shark!  This is one place I have wanted to go, but we get into the logistics. and it seems that going west will mean a long relationship with San Diego.  DH loves that area, has lived out there, and wants major reminiscing.  I just want to get on a ship and head south. 

DH lived lived in San Diego when he was in junior high school.  Occasionally, we will drive by his old house if we have time.  San Diego seems to be a difficult to fly into without changing planes.  I'm glad we drive.

5 hours ago, cunnorl said:

Good Morning from a currently warm and sunny day at the beach

Rain and winds are forecasted for the whole week. Hopefully not.

Libraries are all computerized, but I am sure there are remnants of the Dewey Decimal System. Dont care for curry but I do like lamb. Have not been to todays port, Thanks for the pictures.

Last nites boat parade was great. There were 79 boats all decked out in lights and Holiday decorations. Weather was perfect and everyone was in a very festive mood. It took us almost 2 hours to walk the mile home because we kept stopping to talk to people on the way. Such fun!

@Cruising-along A very Happy Birthday to your DH.

@JazzyV I dont know how you keep up with all the goings on, especially since you are not feeling well yourself. Thank You for all you do.

Safe travels to all our travelers today. 

Stay safe and enjoy today

Charlene

Charlene, I'm glad you enjoyed the boat parade.

4 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Awesome photos Lenda.

Thank you, Graham.

3 hours ago, Cruising-along said:

Good morning all!

First of all, DH and I want to say thank you for all the birthday wishes!  @grapau27, @StLouisCruisers, @kazu, @Cruisercl, @rafinmd, @ger_77, @dfish, @puppycanducruise, @RMLincoln, @Quartzsite Cruiser, and @cunnorl all very much appreciated. 🙂  

After last year's "big birthday" and celebration, this year will be low-key.  We'll celebrate his birthday more on our family's  early Christmas a week from today (early because we'll be kinda self-isolating before the cruise).  This year is definitely not the usual. 😉  But he's been wanting dinner from PF Chang, so that's what we'll do tonight.

I'll pass on the meal today -- I do love lamb, but it would be ruined for me if it had coconut and curry.  The drink sounds good, will pass on the red wine.  I don't think we've been to this port.

We have distant relatives in TN who thank goodness are OK even though the tornado came through their town.  It was a stressful time for them! Prayers for all affected.

Bon Voyage @LAFFNVEGAS, @POA1, @dobiemom and @lindaler!

Carolyn, I'm glad your relatives are okay after the tornado.

3 hours ago, durangoscots said:

Good morning to all. Sunny here and it is supposed to warm up into the mid-40's. It was 13 when the dogs and I went out so we were a bit rushed. Will try again later.

I would take the meal in heartbeat.... love lamb, love curry and love coconut. Hope someone else would do the cooking. Right now I am culling the frig and the freezer so I am not sure about supper tonight. Sunday's are always a surprise anyway.

I continue packing. My labels for luggage forward are supposed to arrive tomorrow according to UPS. Some of the comments on packing by others on our roll call make me feel a bit better. I just need some time to concentrate on the task and suddenly people from the condo, the kennel club and the shelter realize I am going to be gone and have a thousand and one issues and questions. I think I will start not answering phone.

Best wishes to all.... I need to go move some laundry from the washer to the drier and then wash a couple of rugs. I have my goals set for what should be accomplished by the end of each day for the next few days. Once my luggage leaves, it will take some stress off.

My best to all sailing away and to Henry, Happy Birthday!!! Hopefully we can all feel better as this week progresses and doctors appointments will produce solutions, not more issues. Take care all.

Susan

Susan, it looks like you are getting things under control.  

3 hours ago, Sharon in AZ said:

Good morning everyone and Happy Sunday from Tucson. I’m recovered from my cataract surgeries but still have lots of drops, I have a schedule to follow that the surgeon gave me. It took a few days to get over the nausea from the anesthesia. I’m never going to forget to ask for preventative anti nausea meds again.  I haven’t driven yet because my depth perception is off. I think that’s going to take time.  

We are behind on our Christmas decorating, I lost a lot of time because of the surgery, so we are trying to catch up. I ordered some fairy lights and they arrive tomorrow. We didn’t have enough last year.  We have a huge windowsill in the kitchen and I like to decorate it and add the lights. Craig has them on his village scene and the Nativity. 

I will pass on the meal suggestion today. I ordered monkfish and found a new recipe with pasta that I hope turns out good. I’ve eaten it before in restaurants but never made it myself. 

Lenda @Quartzsite Cruiser, specialty dining on Valentine’s Day hasn’t been available to book since I booked back in early January. It’ll probably be available once onboard as a special prefix menu. That is what happened on our holiday cruise two years ago on the Rotterdam. We went New Year’s Eve to the Pinnacle Grill and while it was good and we enjoyed it, it wasn’t something that we want to do again unless the menu calls to me. 

Bon Voyage to Linda @lindaler, @POA1, @dobiemom, @LAFFNVEGAS!!  Enjoy. 

Carolyn @Cruising-along, please tell Henry Happy Birthday from us!

@Denise T, our dog Blue is just like your dog. He sleeps in and eats about 11:00 am. He’s a good napper too, so I guess that makes him lazy too. 

Have a great day!

Sharon, I'm glad your recovery is going so well.  We generally don't do the special dinners with the fixed menu.  We did one Cellar Master's dinner that was really good, but the menu for others haven't appealed to us.

2 hours ago, lindaler said:

Linda, yes family comes first.  I hope the minor crisis is resolved successfully and quickly.

2 hours ago, JazzyV said:

Good afternoon. Thanks for the Fleet Report/Daily. 

I'll salute the Dewey Decimal System that I learned as a kid. Animal Rights are so important; just on our local news were some abandoned, malnourished puppies that it's thought were bred to sell for Christmas and abandoned in a box on the street when they became ill. They're now being cared for, for eventual adoption. I like a cold lager on a hot summer day. I like the quote. Yes to the meal and wine, pass on the drink. I haven't been to La Paz. 2 good days in history.

It's cloudy, with off and on rain showers, some quite hard. I opened my rollator that came yesterday and checked it out. I slept about the same, 4 hours. Lots of pain when I get out of bed. No real plans today. My football team isn't playing, but I'll still watch some other teams. This week will be busy with 4 medical appointments, plus PT twice.

Bon Voyage @LAFFNVEGAS @dobiemom @POA1 @Huskerchick!

Welcome Home @Nickelpenny @Haljo1935!

@Cruising-along Happy Birthday to your DH Henry! I'm glad your family in TN is ok.

@Seasick Sailor Enjoy the transit through the Panama Canal.

@kazu Lovely amaryllis. 

@ger_77 Not unexpected, but sad that Wayne and Fran won't make the cruise this time. Nice that DGS got to see the train, and appreciated it. Enjoy the dinner with DH's family. Killer coleslaw?

@dfish Sorry to hear of the lockdown at Ellamary's facility. Around here it seems there's lots of flu - the highest county incidence in PA! 

@RMLincoln Prayers for DH with his increased eye pressure; I hope he can reach out and get some guidance. 

@Quartzsite Cruiser Nice La Paz photos. 

@AroundWithMAPTravels Thanks for the photos.

@Sharon in AZ I'm glad you're doing well after your surgery. Sorry about the nausea from the anesthesia.

Prayers for the Care List and Cheers for those Celebrating.

Vanessa, I wish I could wave a magic wand and grant you more sleep and less or no pain.

22 minutes ago, marshhawk said:

@SanDiegian I love your pet's picture.

@ger_77I too want to know what killer coleslaw is.  I love most coleslaws, but don't want to eat one that will take me out.  I had ribs last night, my favorite food.  I would have made a good cavewoman.  I like food I can eat with my fingers.

Annie, our two dachshunds did not like the vacuum.  When we were in the motorhome, DH would have to take them outside or put then in the car when I vaccumed.  But one loved to help me mop when I had a rag mop.  She would try to grab it.  Otherwise, the slept a lot.

7 minutes ago, SanDiegian said:

Louie was a stray my wife found coming home from work. I gave my DW a choice between the dog or the Louie Vuitton purse she wanted. Well, you know how this ended. She got both and that’s how he got named. He’s a Pomeranian 

Welcome to the Fleet Report/Daily.  Cute dog.

4 minutes ago, luvteaching said:

Good afternoon everyone, 

It's a cloudy day here but no rain at the moment - it must have all happened yesterday! The symphony was wonderful last night. I saw two instruments I wasn't familiar with. One was a celesta and was used during the selections from The Nutcracker. The other was a contrabass saxophone. That thing was so big! It was almost as tall as the gentleman playing it (in You're A Mean One Mr. Grinch) and I think a small child could have fit in the bell. What deep tones it had! 

Today is hang out at home, get some cards and wrapping done, and watch the ships leave Port Everglades. 

Karen

Karen, the contrabass saxophone is huge.  What is a celesta?

Lenda

• Like 18
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, dfish said:

@kazu Ivan reminds me of a dog my sister had.  Pippy liked to be vacuumed.  Yes, Sue had to run the vacuum over her before she was allowed to vacuum the floor.

LOL Debbie - I might just try vacuuming Ivan to suck up his loose hair.  Not sure how he would react to it but it would be worth a try 😂 

• Like 14
  • Haha 10

This morning when I posted I swear the weatherman said that the rain was done with us today, and moving to the east.  They showed the map, and @StLouisCruisers was still in the "green" area.  And yes it did stop raining, we got the wreath up, and plugged in, we got the heater plugged in (however no strays have shown up, not even to eat) because it's pouring out!  But the temps are dropping quickly.

In the last 10 minutes it's gone from 51 to 46 ....with rain.  If it keeps on dropping, and I am still getting precipitation, will I get snow by morning?  I can only hope.

We just watched Leaving the World Behind.....good thriller, but why do the end of the world movies always come out near Christmas?

• Like 17

The rocks are raked and the yard looks much better.  We also got the RZRs out of the shed, so now, I can move boxes and stuff from DH's shed and my shed.  That will be on the agenda tomorrow afternoon -- hopefully.  In the morning, I hope I have time to make the dough for the gingerbread cookies.  It needs to sit in the refrigerator several hours or over night is best.  If not, the dough is too sticky to roll out.  I have two boxes of cookies that need mailing and should really be mailed by Friday.  Once they are in the mail, then I can get the last of the straightening up done, and be ready for Christmas and New Year's.

2 hours ago, dfish said:

@kazu Ivan reminds me of a dog my sister had.  Pippy liked to be vacuumed.  Yes, Sue had to run the vacuum over her before she was allowed to vacuum the floor.

Dogs have such varied personalities and quirks it makes life interesting.

2 hours ago, kazu said:

LOL Debbie - I might just try vacuuming Ivan to suck up his loose hair.  Not sure how he would react to it but it would be worth a try 😂 

Jacqui, good luck.  I hope it works.

Lenda

• Like 17
  • Thanks 1