How Do Guests Feel About Thongs?

NJCoupleForFun

I’m considering wearing a bikini for the first time ever on my upcoming cruise. It’s because bathing suits never seem to dry out in a cabin. I figure the less fabric the  quicker it may dry. And if it won’t at least I won’t have that awful wet bathing suit touching my belly. Eek. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, NJCoupleForFun said:

Where were you sailing?  I assume it makes a difference.  Out off Miami will have not thongs than out of Baltimore probably. 

HAL never sails out of Baltimore (although I wish they did) and very rarely sails out of Miami.  HAL Caribbean cruises sail out of Port Everglades.  I don’t think the port matters.  More important is the time of year ( if school is out, more kids) and the length of the cruise (shorter cruise, more people first time on HAL)

I hope you enjoy your cruise.

1 hour ago, Mary229 said:

Simple enough, bring it, wear it and if she feels uncomfortable then wear another suit.   I would hope no one  would be rude enough to negatively comment to another guest about their appearance 

Can we start wearing pajamas to breakfast?

• Haha 2

12 minutes ago, OlsSalt said:

Can we start wearing pajamas to breakfast?

I, personally, would not say anything to someone. I don’t think I have that responsibility.  It is up to the person to gauge the appropriateness of their dress and of course, up to the personnel to check anyone who is failing to maintain the standards.  I am not aware of any restrictions on bathing suits.  

the questions was “”how do you feel…”

Edited by Mary229

5 hours ago, SilvertoGold said:

Tacky, tacky, tacky. Much more suitable for Virgin Cruise Line.

We just completed a 14 day transatlantic cruise on the Virgin Voyages Valiant Lady. While we didn't spend a lot of time in the pool area, I am sure just about any type of swim wear would suitable, as well as a lot of other things. We enjoyed the cruise and the effort Virgin makes on behalf of everybody. Certainly no one would be  made to feel they might be suitable for another cruise line.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, NJCoupleForFun said:

My fiance and I will be cruising on Holland America Eurodam over the holidays. She really likes to wear thong bikinis and especially one piece thong bathing suits. She looks good in them, and I love seeing her. She's in good shape, but not skinny either, average with a little extra. 😀   Good curves. I'm not wondering if it's ok or not for her to wear thongs on HAL. I'm more wondering:

How common is it on HAL?

How do all of you other HAL guests honestly feel about it?

Do people hate it? Love it? 

Would you be expecting a difference answer if she didn't look good in them? 

I've seen lots of stuff on HAL, not always flattering, so rest assured that is not a requirement (and shouldn't be)

• Like 1

Love this topic. Was recently on a RCL cruise and I have never seen so many thongs in my life. Thought there must be a fabric shortage. I'm all for people being comfortable enough in their own skin to wear whatever they want, but very few people look good in thongs. Even saw some who had what looked like sores on their backside showing. Just no... One woman who had a wonderful figure and looked good in the thong, stood at the bar, posed and felt up her own butt cheeks. Just no...

Will say it was good people watching. If your girlfriend is comfortable with it, go ahead and wear it. As for men wearing thongs, as long as their stomach doesn't hang over and make it look like you have no swimwear on, go for it.