Carnival Corp record revenue and 4th quarter earnings

jimbo5544

2 hours ago, groundloop said:

And yet they still keep raising prices on everything.

And yet they are still 30 billon in the hole, due to being mandated closed by the feds, not of their own doing for over 19 months.  No other industry had to endure what this one did, all others were fed subsidized.  The nerve of them….😱

Edited by jimbo5544
  • Like 14
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, groundloop said:

And yet they still keep raising prices on everything.

Um, everyone is raising prices on everything, in case you've not noticed. Carnival is raising the prices on everything to prevent from having to raise fares too much. I am totally fine with that.

• Like 5

I wish the stock would make it back over $20 already. I'm still stuck in the red the last time at over $21. Gotta admit I didnt see such a long shut down like happened. Took a loss at 29. And like a dummy rethought lower. Never catch a falling knife. 

I have faith it can get back over 20 .. just waiting. 

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, jamestown478 said:

I am hoping they can start paying dividends again in the next few years

It is a meaningful step in the process, my guess is as soon as they possibly could they would. Whether it  is feasible when still so far in debt is something beyond me.  

1 hour ago, dan4182 said:

The $6.4 billion figure for deposits on future bookings is also impressive.

Extremely, despite what the bashers love to preach on, it shows the strength of the product.  Even more meaningful, it dramatically shows that you do not need to be monstrosity of the seas to attract clients.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, sparks1093 said:

Um, everyone is raising prices on everything, in case you've not noticed. Carnival is raising the prices on everything to prevent from having to raise fares too much. I am totally fine with that.

Bingo!

• Like 4

3 hours ago, ledges1 said:

It appears all the changes and price increases are working in their favor. With more changes to come in the future, they may be able to pay a very small dividend to their shareholders in a few years.

From your lips…..

Did I read it correctly that even with record revenues, Carnival still reported a loss?

They predicted they'd be profitable almost 2 years ago now...still losing money. At what point do we call Carnival a zombie company?

• Like 3

42 minutes ago, mz-s said:

Did I read it correctly that even with record revenues, Carnival still reported a loss?

'- The company made debt payments of $6 billion, reducing its debt balance by $4.6 billion from its peak in the first quarter of 2023 and ended the year with $5.4 billion of liquidity.'

'- Full year cash from operations was $4.3 billion and adjusted free cash flow was $2.1 billion.'

Of course they reported a loss. And that matters not one bit. Cash is king. Trust me; I know.

• Like 2

Just now, jsglow said:

'- The company made debt payments of $6 billion, reducing its debt balance by $4.6 billion from its peak in the first quarter of 2023 and ended the year with $5.4 billion of liquidity.'

'- Full year cash from operations was $4.3 billion and adjusted free cash flow was $2.1 billion.'

Of course they reported a loss. And that matters not one bit. Cash is king. Trust me; I know.

If even with record high revenue they are still losing money, it does matter a lot in my opinion.

Do you know what a zombie company is?

53 minutes ago, jsglow said:

Careful facts confuse some.  😅

Edited by jimbo5544
  • Like 1

56 minutes ago, jsglow said:

Wait, according to the negative nellies, nobody was booking Carnival.   How do you erase 6 billion in debt if nobody books cabins?  How do you have 65 percent of 24 slots filled?  Loving CC today.  😅

2 hours ago, mz-s said:

They predicted they'd be profitable almost 2 years ago now...still losing money. At what point do we call Carnival a zombie company?

There is a difference between a reported loss and a cash loss. Depreciation has to play a large part in the reported loss. The fact that they are significantly paying off the massive debt they were forced to take on to remain afloat has to mean something positive.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, ontheweb said:

There is a difference between a reported loss and a cash loss. Depreciation has to play a large part in the reported loss. The fact that they are significantly paying off the massive debt they were forced to take on to remain afloat has to mean something positive.

The fact that they are paying down principal is a good thing. Although I disagree with the notion that anybody "forced" them to take on so much debt. Certainly they were prevented from operating their business - pretty much unprecedented. But they took on so much more debt than their competitors. It's really made their position much more precarious than it needed to be.

Edited by mz-s
  • Like 1